What do you think of the five first round rookie QBs so far?

patriotsheatyan

2 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Last 6 games of the season:

Player A vs Player B

• 52% completion percentage vs 56% completion percentage
  • 1,243 passing yards vs 964 passing yards
  • 8 passing touchdowns vs 5 passing touchdowns
  • 7 INTs vs 2 INTs
  • 476 rushing yards vs 437 rushing yards
  • 5 rushing TDs vs 4 rushing TDs

Allen is a mystery and Lamar is top 2? Josh Allen came back from injury in week 12 and imo was the best rookie QB behind Baker. 

The Ravens actually had a talented roster around Lamar Jackson and asked him to run and make the necessary throws. A perfect gameplan for an inexperienced, mobile QB. That's not a knock on Lamar but a credit to the Ravens on how they used him. 

However in Buffalo, we had the WORST running game (our rank is high because of Josh Allen rushing #'s, not cause of any RB on the team), a bottom 5 run blocking OL, a bottom 5 pass blocking OL and WRs such as Robert Foster, Isiah Mackenzie and Zay Jones. 

I love Lamar too but I think with 1 year under his belt, a new, talented OL and some new weapons on offense - Josh Allen going to surprise the league next season. 

Didn't I say Lamar is the most volatile of the QB's? 

I think Allen's a mystery because it remains to be seen whether or not his rushing stats will remain the way they are, or if it was just a fluke. I don't believe he's any better of a passer than Lamar Jackson is, actually, and they both have significant accuracy issues.

I don't think we have much better talent than the Bills, I just think we have better positional coaches than the Bills do - especially at OL.

We'll see with Josh Allen, but he's never been an accurate QB and once he's not allowed to scramble on broken pass plays, he's got nothing, unlike Lamar.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar's athleticism is in a whole different galaxy than Josh Allen's, which is why I think that if defenses simply put a spy on Allen, his rushing totals will evaporate. You can't spy Lamar Jackson.

Yeah but the difference is Josh Allen has a better arm and is more of a pure passer than Lamar Jackson. If you waste a guy and spy on Allen that gives him one last defender covering the top of the defense. And Allen can blow the top off teams. Spying gives one last defender in coverage so I'd take that.

In the last 6 games of the season, Josh Allen threw 26+ in 4/6 games, Lamar Jackson didn't have 1 game over 25 attempts.

I think both QBs are good running QBs but totally different kinds. Josh Allen is more like Cam Newton and Lamar is more like Mike Vick back in the day running.

Mayfield - looks good.

Lamar Jackson - I'm not a fan of as a passer, but he's a guy that knows how to "win games" more so than anything else.

Josh Allen - I've liked what I've seen from him in the 2nd half the season.

Sam Darnold - thought he's looked pretty mediocre, not terrible though.

Josh Rosen - has looked way over his head, thought he looked pretty bad

Baker Mayfield - Great rookie season considering the Browns history, if he can improve in year 2 then it could be a very promising future for him and the Browns...finally!

Sam Darnold - About what I expected, I think he will improve next year under Gase and become a good QB, possibly even borderline Top 10 some years 

Josh Allen - Not much to work with but it did look like he improved as the year went on, plus he’s a much better athlete than people probably realized. If they can improve the O-Line and get him some weapons we will really find out if he is the real deal or not 

Lamar Jackson - Fun player to watch run, difficult to watch throw the ball, I set the over/under at 6.5 years for his NFL Career 

Josh Rosen - Bad team with bad O-Line....didn’t really like him coming in but he doesn’t have much to work with. My gut says he’s not going to cut it 

Archived