GDT Week 15: Baltimore Ravens vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

DreamKid

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Any chance Lamar actually splits snaps with Flacco?

No one would be surprised if they try to change things up, either if Lamar struggles or we get far behind, or if they would try to surprise Tampa with a hurry up offense with Flacco.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Any chance Lamar actually splits snaps with Flacco?

No. I could see Flacco getting a couple of plays but Harbaugh named Lamar the starter. Doing so only to have him split snaps would be odd, and needlessly disrespectful to Joe.

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

No. I could see Flacco getting a couple of plays but Harbaugh named Lamar the starter. Doing so only to have him split snaps would be odd, and needlessly disrespectful to Joe.

If we get ahead, I could see them putting in Joe in a function as a backup quarterback to prevent Lamar from getting hurt. I don't think that would be disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

If we get ahead, I could see them putting in Joe in a function as a backup quarterback to prevent Lamar from getting hurt. I don't think that would be disrespectful.

I think the guy was asking about a specific game plan where they share/alternate drives. Of course special circumstances like a large lead could let Joe into the game. There just wouldn't have been a point to naming a starter if a rotation was the main plan. 

36 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Am I the only one who thinks having Flacco be Lamar's backup is actually a worse call than RGIII being his backup, just because of scheme fits?

I'm of the belief that Flacco should be starting. It's basically me being loyal to a fault. I'd trust him more to run a 2 minute offense. I understand that Lamar makes us more dynamic though. 

Having a tough time accepting that we've probably seen the last of Flacco as a Raven, barring injury. 

8 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm of the belief that Flacco should be starting. It's basically me being loyal to a fault. I'd trust him more to run a 2 minute offense. I understand that Lamar makes us more dynamic though. 

Having a tough time accepting that we've probably seen the last of Flacco as a Raven, barring injury. 

me too, will be interesting to see if jackson struggles, if they put flacco in. If they truly are "doing whats best to win", they should

7 minutes ago, paraven said:

me too, will be interesting to see if jackson struggles, if they put flacco in. If they truly are "doing whats best to win", they should

With the way our defense has been playing post the bye as well as our special teams have put 14 points up on the board, I believe Flacco could have won those games as well. But I can support the decision to go with what works and have Lamar in there to keep than continuity.

Archived