Generic Gameday Thread

SwiftPride

5 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

watched this game, and I know Johnson is out(prob for the year) tate got trade and jones is out for the year. outside of Golladay we have no play-makes. I want Zenner to become the #2 rb next yr. but on the bright side it feels like we dodged a bullet and didn't trade for Gronk, Gronk looks like a 30 yr TE with a lot of wear and tear on him.  

Actually have to say that I agree with you on Gronk. I was unhappy to learn that we got rid of Ebron without a plan even though I did feel it was time for him to move on. He's looked great in Indy but I don't think it would've happened here. The Lions didn't seem to know how to use him, he was dropping A LOT and there's a lot of pressure when you're drafted that high. Especially when you have Aaron Donald and OBJ as "what could have been" picks.

33 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Must be the coaching? Who gets the blame for you? 

I knew when Stafford didn't play any ps we would have a tough start. He can act like he's Tom Brady but he aint...

I find nothing special about this D what so ever 

I haven't seen an ol get penetrated so fast as I did the bills game.. all them picks..

I think Quinn has been hanging out with Snoop Dogg because that is the only logical explanation. The roster wasn't a strong one last year and it hasn't been great this year either. Last year our strength was our WR corp and a veteran QB with the ability to come back and win tight games in the fourth quarter. It's also a recipe for disaster as you can't bang on that year after year. We had zero run game. So we go out and draft Ragnow to beef up the OL and add Kerryon Johnson. Obviously we added Blount into the mix as well. I don't fault the team for looking at the four-headed stable of Blount/Riddick/Johnson/Abdullah and assume our rushing attack should improve. The right side of the OL is a glaring hole. Coming into the season the offense should have been a non-issue and be the reason we were staying in and/or winning games.

Defensively, this was a whole other story. Ansah is a good player when healthy but that has been a problem for him for a while. We didn't address that while it was front and center. Even if you wanted to rely on Ansah, he hasn't had a reliable partner on the other side. We had to address our DL mid-season with the Snacks trade. Tabor is being outplayed by a UDFA. All of these things were issues last year and still are.

My guess is that this was basically the equivalent to a free play when a flag has been thrown - if it works out and you score, that's great... if not, it doesn't really matter. Patricia came in a bit late with the Pats playoff run. I think the team is going to give him a full off-season.

My expectation coming into this season was anywhere between 7-9 to 9-7.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived