5 up, 5 down

LETSGOBROWNIES

Down

1. Myles Garrett.  One tackle.  Less than every other front seven starter and his backup.  I realize he gets a lot of attention, but he’s gotta do more. He’s also aware he doesn’t have to jump offsides every game, right?  I believe it was twice yesterday, which is inexcusable.  Offsides penalties > tackles yesterday.

2. Greggggg not kicking the FG.  I love his confidence, but that showed more balls than brains. Take the 3 and make them drive the field and punch it in in under 2 min.

3. Baker.  Not his best game, looked to want to play hero ball waaaay too much. With the injuries they had at CB we should have been walking down the field in the second half.

*After such a fantastic win, I’m going to abbreviate the downs and add a couple more ups.  Don’t @ me.

Up

1. They ended a 28 year, 11 game streak of losing to the Broncos and they did so on the road. Yuuuge.

2. Breshad Perriman looks like he may be a viable 4th-5th WR who can take the top off a defense.  A change of scenery has done him well.

3. Peppers had a monster game.  I truly believe we see a top shelf SS next season as he gets to his second year at the position. I’m glad they’re blitzing him more as opposed to playing 74 yards off the LoS.  He’s great in the box (chuckle).

4. Nick Chubb is a monster.  Always falls forward, moves a pile and is one missed tackle from busting a run 20-30 yards. He’s probably the best back we’ve had since the return.

5. Jamie Collins played some inspired football last night.  I know cutting him is step one of half this forum’s mocks, but I’m not exactly sure why we’d do such a thing.

6. The tackles.  Sure, they allowed a sack or two and Robinson had a big penalty, but these guys are punching above their weight class right now.  Lock up Robinson and let Harrison develop, we’re set at T tbh.

7. The swagger.  This team isn’t giving up, isn’t looking like the same “here we go again” Browns. I don’t know if that’s Baker, Freddie, Gregggg, etc (likely a combination), but it’s so awesome to see.  We’ve waited too long.

A gif for your amusement to wrap this up.

giphy.gif 

Up

1. We have more wins(6.5) than all but 4 seasons since the return now.

2. We are still in the playoff hunt

3. Jabrill Peppers

4. Antonio Calloway

5. Richard Higgins

Bonus

6. @LETSGOBROWNIES making sure ever topic has a quality gif

Down

1. Greg Robinson

2. Terrance Mitchell & T.J. Carrie

3. Trevon Coley, Anthony Zettel, Chad Thomas, Vellejo

4. Greg Williams

5. Freddie Kitchen/Baker Mayfield 1st half

I will expand on these later tonight when I have time.

I don’t want to be redundant, so I’ll say a few of mine:

UP:

Changing the mentality and FINISHING GAMES. The last two weeks were classic Browns choke recipes and the team/defense came up huge.

Jabril Peppers and our staff finally using him as a hybrid box player.

Nick Chubb is a monster. He leads the NFL in yards after contact.

Baker responding to adversity and coming up big down the stretch.

Our coaching staff and changing the culture mid season. It’s unbelievably impressive.

Our OL and protecting the QB and mauling the opposition in the running game.

Our defense and forcing turnovers and having back ups come up big. Mitchell looked fantastic.

10 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Baker started at 5-15 but ended up 18-31.... so he went 13-16 in the second half. He just threw too many inaccurate deep balls and was off for some reason.

Some of those shots were unnecessary though.

One play that sticks out was a 15-20 yard throw to Higgins or Landry (can’t remember) but he had Calloway (I think) open right in front of him.

Baker needs to learn to take the layups when they’re there.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Speaking of Yuuuge.

giphy.gif 

I could have sworn I saw a GDT for this game - was going to post this there; but oh well, this works too

It was a glorious evening and night. My family and I were at my wife's cousin's annual Christmas party. Over the summer, they completed an addition to their house  - a rec room off of their living room. So there were about 15-20 of us in that room looking at the 60" TV in there. Fantastic! It was like having section 534 West..........

Is there any player in recent Browns history that has helped himself more than Breshad Perriman? He is making big blay after big play early in each game. Don't seem to remember much of him in the 4th quarter of games - but that is okay. His massive contribution to the cause has put the Browns in position to win games. Dude has totally resurrected his career here this season.

This team overcame some really questionable officiating yesterday. We all counted at least three or four "no calls" of Broncos offensive holding on key third down conversions to keep Denver drives alive. As far as the one that were called - the next time that JuJu or Gronk or any other receiver signals "1st down!" - I want to see a flag dropped on them too. To call that to offset the foul called on Taylor was total fertilizer. (Memo to Njoku: maybe it wouldn't be so wise to signal 1st down just a couple of plays after your teammate just got flagged for it.......)

But the two biggest calls we were all up in arms over were: the phantom holding call on Greg Robinson on Nick Chub's 40 yard scamper and the selective enforcement of the helmet to helmet shot called on the Browns. But this team is growing up before our eyes - overcoming all that, on the road in our personal house of horrors, by simply finding a way to get it done.

The biggest moment of the night - the room went from jubilation to silence when Greg Williams was granted the timeout. To say a feeling of impending doom fell over the room was accurate. But then............

Can we please officially end the Jabrill Peppers sucks because he went to Michigan talk? Two GIGANTIC plays that shaped this game in our favor. The end zone interception denying the Broncos a seemingly certain touchdown, and the absolutely sure "Case - meet turf" tackle to end the game.

This game proved what a success this season has been. I DO think the Browns are going to win out. But I think that too much has to happen in front of them for them to snag the #6 seed in this year's playoffs. But that is okay - the foundation is in place for a solid run of multiyear success.

What a great night!

defense excellent holding any nfl team on there home field to 16 points

chubb reminds me of mike pruitt and kevin mack with speed

perriman playing his way onto a super bowl team

njoku another year of development we have a perrinial pro bowler

calloway rookie developing

can not think of anything bad other than mayfields pick and fumble

thank you for everything you and your coworkers have done looking forward to meeting everybody in vegas

Up

1. Peppers had a derwin james like game, int and a sack. 

2. Nick Chubb I love that man.

3. Larry o has one good arm and still made plays.

4. Terrence Mitchell looked good with one good arm.

5. Jamie Collins playing with heart.

6. We had an awesome plan to stop Case 

Down. 

1. Greg's nuts losing us then winning us the game.

2. Greg Robinson snakes 2-3 big errors per game.

3. Not much action from our pass rush. 

4. Baker skipping over too many easy

5. I still want a better organized run game.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, pnies20 said:

Baker started at 5-15 but ended up 18-31.... so he went 13-16 in the second half. He just threw too many inaccurate deep balls and was off for some reason.

So I agree that he took too many deep shots when there were players open underneath.

That being said I've never seen baker THAT inaccurate on balls like that.  Not for the browns, Not for Oklahoma, Not for Texas Tech...

This may be me being naive, but if hes never played in Denver before, does the altitude make that big a difference?  Not in breathing and lightheadedness but in density of the air and the distance on passes.

I wouldn't think so but again, never seen that many overthrows from bake before.  I've seen him try to do too much but this didn't feel like that...

On 12/16/2018 at 8:22 AM, TheeRealDeal said:

Up

1. We have more wins(6.5) than all but 4 seasons since the return now.

2. We are still in the playoff hunt

3. Jabrill Peppers

4. Antonio Calloway

5. Richard Higgins

Bonus

6. @LETSGOBROWNIES making sure ever topic has a quality gif

Down

1. Greg Robinson

2. Terrance Mitchell & T.J. Carrie

3. Trevon Coley, Anthony Zettel, Chad Thomas, Vellejo

4. Greg Williams

5. Freddie Kitchen/Baker Mayfield 1st half

I will expand on these later tonight when I have time.

Considering Zettel is probably our best edge run defender (let that sink in) I’d rethink that one.

Archived