Carson Wentz may not play the rest of the year; former Eagle speaks out about medical staff

eagles18

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/12/report-carson-wentz-not-expected-to-play-sunday/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Wentz is not expected to play against the Rams. He adds that the team is still gathering information about the issue and that he may not play again this season depending on what comes up during that process.

Pederson said on Wednesday that the team was resting Wentz on Wednesday and he’d been limited for other practices earlier this season because of a back issue. There will likely be further questions about the impact the back problem may have had on his play in recent weeks.

If that’s the case, Nick Foles would get the start for the final three regular season games for the second year in a row. Foles went on to start three more games in the postseason as the Eagles won the Super Bowl and the team’s best chance of getting back to the postseason would be for Foles to author another three-game winning streak.

If the OT loss vs the Cowboys was indeed his last game this season then his final numbers would be

69.6% completion rate | 3,074 yards | 7.7 YPA | 21 TD | 7INT | 102.2 passer rating ..

Not too shabby for someone dealing with injuries. 

"Carson Wentz might not play again in 2019"

That should say 2018, unless this injury is a LOT worse than I'm understanding? It's a back injury, and those can be tough to get back from but I can't imagine it's that bad.

Just now, Dome said:

That should say 2018, unless this injury is a LOT worse than I'm understanding? It's a back injury, and those can be tough to get back from but I can't imagine it's that bad.

I think the knee hasn't healed all the way so he is not stepping into his throws and using the torque from his back .. 

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

God damn it @eagles18 you nearly gave me a heart attack.

Eagles may need to draft new QB if these injuries keep continuing for Wentz. Remember it was a back injury that ended Tony Romo's career. This sucks because Carson was playing well coming of a acl injury. This could be a sign Eagles coaches rushed him back during the early part of the year when Foles was struggling.

Archived