Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

A guy just did a 7 round mock in the mock draft forum. This is what I put together based on who he had available. Some of these players won’t be there. Thoughts?

10- Devin White LB LSU

41- Drew Lock QB Mizzou (His Original pick)

71- Nasir Adderley S Deleware 

110- Max Scharping OL NIU 

125- Chuma Edoga OL USC

149- Isaiah Johnson CB Houston 

157- Daylon Mack NT TAMU (Original)

184- Sutton Smith LB NIU (Original)

224- Easton Stick QB NDSU

239- Greg Dortch WR Wake 

248- Derrick Baity CB Kentucky (Original)

I'll bet Fangio would love to add White to his LB group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

A guy just did a 7 round mock in the mock draft forum. This is what I put together based on who he had available. Some of these players won’t be there. Thoughts?

10- Devin White LB LSU

125- Chuma Edoga OL USC

239- Greg Dortch WR Wake 

Lot of these are way off Adderly isn't going past us at our second uf hes there. Honestly a do it all safety is probably going 1st round. 

I was going to (try) to put a poll up to see who folks wanted at 10.  I’m not in any way a college talent evaluator, so for reference, I thought I would scan some “Top 100” lists to get a sense of the consensus players in the 5-15 range.

what amazed me is how little consensus their seems to be.  For example, most everybody has White as the top ILB, and ranked overall from around 10 to 20.  But the ratings on CB, WR, TE are all over the place. Even on the OL, seems to be a lot more discrepancy than in years past.  I’ve seen Greedy Williams from around 6 to 35 (Top CB to 4th or 5th.). WR seems to be a “pick your favorite” approach. I’ve heard great things about Risner - I’ve seen him from 14 to not in the top 50!  Just seems to be a lack of consenus this year about some of the top prospects out there - more so than in prior years.

8 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Lot of these are way off Adderly isn't going past us at our second uf hes there. Honestly a do it all safety is probably going 1st round. 

If we Got White, Lock and Adderley in rounds 1-3, that should be the end of all complaining about Elway’s poor Drafting for years to come.!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Counselor said:

10- Devin White LB LSU

125- Chuma Edoga OL USC

239- Greg Dortch WR Wake 

Thta would be an amazing result, but Lock, Adderly & Edoga are going way ahead of those spots IMO.   Edoga's footwork at the Senior Bowl was eye-opening, and that kind of skill set usually translates to more Combine helium too.    Love the idea, but sadly I'd be surprised if Adderly/Edoga were even there a round earlier, and Lock's skill set is so Combine-friendly, the talk about Round 2 would require a major off-field issue or some catastrophic performance issue (that doesn't seem apparent) at the Combine or interview IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

So, the Eagles pick up Fole's $20MM option??? Which it looks like they are going to do.  Does that put Wentz in play for a trade? Because I'd gladly give the #10 pick for him.  

No.  This is their (acknowledged) plan to secure Foles rights so that they can trade him.  The will pick up the option.  He’’ll exercise his $2M buyout.  Then they franchise him.  Then they trade him.  Rumor is they are (will be) looking for a 3rd Rd pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Adam Schefter, Brandon Marshall will be a free agent on March 13.

Looks like we save $5m on this move, as we will have $4m dead cap (but obviously won't be paying his $9m salary.

Messing around on Spotrac a bit, we have $16m cap space prior to this move. Keenum and Marshall releases would put us at $32m. Ron Leary on top of that gets us to $40m. League average is about $37m right now.

47 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

Per Adam Schefter, Brandon Marshall will be a free agent on March 13.

Looks like we save $5m on this move, as we will have $4m dead cap (but obviously won't be paying his $9m salary.

Messing around on Spotrac a bit, we have $16m cap space prior to this move. Keenum and Marshall releases would put us at $32m. Ron Leary on top of that gets us to $40m. League average is about $37m right now.

Not sure Leary is going anywhere because a large part of his salary is guaranteed due to injury.