Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

45 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Ouch!

"Dug deeper into LG Ron Leary's contract. Leary had $5.35M of his $8.15M salary in '19 guaranteed against injury. He is injured, finishing on IR with torn Achilles. If he can't pass physical by March 17, and he won't, his $5.35M becomes fully guaranteed. So Leary is back." #9sports

this probably explains Elway lowballing Paradis. When you make a string of bad moves you have to cut corners somewhere. 

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

"Dug deeper into LG Ron Leary's contract. Leary had $5.35M of his $8.15M salary in '19 guaranteed against injury. He is injured, finishing on IR with torn Achilles. If he can't pass physical by March 17, and he won't, his $5.35M becomes fully guaranteed. So Leary is back." #9sports

this probably explains Elway lowballing Paradis. When you make a string of bad moves you have to cut corners somewhere. 

What'd he offer Paradis? leary can be replaced much easier than Matt.

12 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

What'd he offer Paradis? leary can be replaced much easier than Matt.

He low balled him it's been well reported.  Paradis and his agent were insulted at Elways contract offer. Making him want to test the free agent market. 

And yeah Leary is replaceable no doubt but with over half his contract guaranteed for 2019 because of injury they have to bring him back.

Edited by thebestever6

32 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

He low balled him it's been well reported.  Paradis and his agent were insulted at Elways contract offer. Making him want to test the free agent market. 

And yeah Leary is replaceable no doubt but with over half his contract guaranteed for 2019 because of injury they have to bring him back.

That really sucks! IMO thats a big mark in the "Idiot" column for Elway. 

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

That really sucks! IMO thats a big mark in the "Idiot" column for Elway. 

It's a snow ball effect brock osweiler drafted to develop as the qb of the future over other more sure thing prospects due to ceiling,Garcia was drafted and sucks, Ty Sambrillo drafted and sucks, Manning retires, we have no replacement, we draft lynch, you need a oline to protect your investment, elway overpays for Leary whos had chronic injuries stemming back to college thats why he fell in the draft, Keenum is signed due in a large part because of lynch being a bust. All these bad moves snow ball off of each other.

1) Manning as our qb could make a bad oline look passable. As soon as Manning left the narrative became Elway doesn't invest enough in the oline, and the little he does he badly misses especially with the Sambrillo pick. I believe in 2016 2017 Broncos were bottom 5 in oline investments cap wise that was the narrative.  Elway responded to that backlash by overspending for Leary. 

2) the Brock Osweiler pick hurts so badly because there were other qbs there with a much higher floor and ceiling arguably.  If Foles, Wilson, or Cousins were all drafted over Brock this woulda helped navigate the snow ball effect of the qb situation and possibly the line situation.  I was wanting wilson so bad after the first, but Elway went nepotism partially because his son was roommates with Brock. If we pick one of Foles, Cousins, Wilson elway would of looked brilliant and the lynch pick which was a pick that would of never happened. The problem to me that makes the brock pick so problematic is because it wasn't a pick made of desperation. 

- thats partially why the Brock pick makes no sense. Manning was coming off of next surgery so at pick 57. Elway should of chose the qb with the most upside and the most pro ready to start.  And that guy was Russell Wilson. Cousins was pro ready because he ran that type of offense in college but the upside wasn't that of Wilson. 

Why Elway picked a raw qb that needed to be developed when Manning had neck surgery I'll never know. He saw an upside to Brock that just isn't there.

• Like 1

I've always liked Hankins and I think he could excel in Fangio's system. Regardless, a younger and cheaper version of Peko is going to help us in other areas if he can even match the production. If he can exceed it, we win. I love Peko but he IS on the downside of his career.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Royal_VT said:

With reports of the Broncos and Peko parting ways, Ben Allbright has linked us to Jonathan Hankins. Would get us a lot younger at that position, but not sure of Hankins productivity? Was cut from Indi like 1 year into a 3 year deal.

Thats too bad. I think a vet like Peko is very good for this team.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:06 PM, Cutler06 said:

Tampa Bay is looking to resign DT Gerald McCoy to a lucrative contract leaving LB Kwon Alexander as a target the Broncos should look into. He's young, has talent but is coming off an injury (ACL ?). Needs to work on tackling but lets see what Vic can do here. 

A poor tackling LB coming off an ACL?? Sign me up! 😉