Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

22 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Amos signing with GB. My hunch was right we wouldn’t land him. 

Yeah I was kind of afraid of that too. It's a bit disappointing; I feel like we had a chance to really upgrade at safety with this free agent crop, but I get why we spent the money elsewhere. Just not enough cap space especially with the CRAZY market on FA's this year. 

3 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Yeah I was kind of afraid of that too. It's a bit disappointing; I feel like we had a chance to really upgrade at safety with this free agent crop, but I get why we spent the money elsewhere. Just not enough cap space especially with the CRAZY market on FA's this year. 

I’ll be interested to see what Amos got in comparison to Kareem. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Do we need to upgrade safety though?? Honestly wasn't even on my radar. Parks and Simmons will be fine, IMO. We have much larger holes across the roster.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Wouldn't we rather have Turner @ 4/$29.5  than James @ 4yrs/$51m/$32m GTD?

Apparently not. 

My guess is Elway didn't come close to that offer for Turner. Seems like a massive overpay? Not saying the James contract isn't, but the Turner $$ wow'd me.

2 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

Apparently not. 

My guess is Elway didn't come close to that offer for Turner. Seems like a massive overpay? Not saying the James contract isn't, but the Turner $$ wow'd me.

Yeah James contract is a lot of money but he’s had flashes where he looked good

Turner was on the verge of being cut during camp wasn’t he?

Wow. Good for Billy.

I actually liked him more than most, including PFFs rankings. I prefer him at Guard rather than in space, but an ability to play below average at both RG and RT is worth it's weight in gold.

I thought we'd be able to bring him back, so I think this is a bit of a hit for us at Guard especially.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Royal_VT said:

I agree. I still expect us to grab a lower tier CB in free agency as well. While I am not thrilled about the $$ on these deals, that is just the cost of signing FA's these days. TE, IOL, and another CB (at low cost) will allow us to navigate the draft without having to worry about position as much.

Extending players before free agency is more important than ever these days. Would like to see one or more of the following players extending this offseason: Bolles, McGovern, Shelby Harris, Chris Harris, Simmons. With the $$ FA's are getting though...I can't blame a player testing the market.

Something Elway rarely does and it cost us dearly. Von, DT are prime examples. It really needs to be done in the last year of a rookie deal. If they won't extend then trade them ala BB.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Wow. Good for Billy.

I actually liked him more than most, including PFFs rankings. I prefer him at Guard rather than in space, but an ability to play below average at both RG and RT is worth it's weight in gold.

I thought we'd be able to bring him back, so I think this is a bit of a hit for us at Guard especially.

As did I.  I was hoping he’d be back.