Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m down with Devin Bush at 10

I'd prefer to do a trade back with WAS or MIA and pick up a 3rd rd pick(this year or next ??) then select Bush, I don't see him being selected that high. However, I don't want to drop too far that we'd miss out on him.  

Edited by Cutler06

5 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I'd prefer to do a trade back with WAS or MIA and pick up a 3rd rd pick(this year or next ??) then select Bush, I don't see him being selected that high. However, I don't want to drop too far that we'd miss out on him.  

Who do you want in the forum wide mock then? There are no trades

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hey guys doing a FF Mock where every subforum makea a pick. So far we got:

1) Kyler Murray

2) Nick Bosa

3) Josh Allen

4) Quinnen Williams

5) Devin White

6) Dwayne Haskins

7) Jawaan Taylor

8) Ed Oliver

9) TJ Hockenson

I’ll make @Counselor the designated pick maker OR if two other fans come to the same name. Whichever happens first. Thanks. 

Who y’all want?

1 Vote for Lock 

1 Vote Devin Bush

6 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

With no trades, I'd take Bush.....but that is just a mock

Yeah but trades aren’t available as often as thought.  Also, if your guy is on the board you take him.  

Trade backs are always great in theory.  A friend of mine is always saying he’d trade back and take x player, but it just doesn’t work like that 95% of the time.

• Like 1

While it goes against where Elway has selected TEs and where teams Scangerrelo has been a part of have selected TEs, I wouldn’t count out Hockenson if he is available for Denver either.  He’s a good receiver, comes out of a WCO, and can really block.  He’d be a weapon.

Personally, I think the pick comes down to the 2 ILBs and Hockenson depending on what Denver may add in trades and FA until the draft.  I am still putting my money on one of the ILBs, but am not ruling out Hockenson either.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, germ-x said:

While it goes against where Elway has selected TEs and where teams Scangerrelo has been a part of have selected TEs, I wouldn’t count out Hockenson if he is available for Denver either.  He’s a good receiver, comes out of a WCO, and can really block.  He’d be a weapon.

Personally, I think the pick comes down to the 2 ILBs and Hockenson depending on what Denver may add in trades and FA until the draft.  I am still putting my money on one of the ILBs, but am not ruling out Hockenson either.

Maybe Bradbury or McCoy in the 2nd. We really need a center.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Maybe Bradbury or McCoy in the 2nd. We really need a center.

Expect Bradbury may well begone by then - would love him in the 20’s if we can trade back.  Don’t like Bush at 10 either if we are stuck there, and not taking a QB (which I still expect we will, if either Lock or Haskins is there), I’d go with which ever CB  we like the best.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 2:57 PM, germ-x said:

On 3/13/2019 at 2:57 PM, germ-x said:

As far as my take.  I don’t mind letting Paradis walk.  I liked him in Denver and he went cheaper than I thought, but I don’t think he moves the needle in the W column and Denver will have opportunities to find a capable replacement if there isn’t one in house (Sam Jones).

I really didn’t see the James contract as an overpay. I actually had him in the mock I was working on coming to Denver for $10M a year.  OTs are probably the 2nd most difficult position to find in the NFL and when a young above average one hits the market they’re going to go for top dollar.  Denver’s RTs have been beaten like drums for damn near a decade. James will solve that problem and is a good fit in a more heavily zone scheme.  

I also happened to have Kareem Jackson in the mock I was working on (along with Amos and James as Denver’s 3 big signings), but had him going for almost half of what Denver paid him.  The Jackson signing is the one I feel Denver really screwed up, especially if guys like Callahan, Nelson, and Darby come on similar deals.  The only saving grace I see is his ability to play safety.  However, that’s CB money they paid him.  If he’s strictly a safety, though, this is a very questionable deal.  Denver would have failed to sign multiple younger players, who are also very good safeties, on cheaper deals.  Jackson was PFFs #14 rated corner, so he can play, but if he is a liability at CB (which is possible as he’s more of a zone guy) and has to play safety this was a mistake.

Change that to LT and you're correct. Traditional school of thought as far as OL Athleticism needed is LT, Center, RG, LG, RT in that order. If James can be our swing LT if Bolles goes down thats a help.