Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

Love the signing.  Callahan while unknown by most is arguably the best nickel CB in the entire league.  There are questions about if he can play on the outside, but it’s easily worth the gamble.  He also knows Fangio’s system and verbiage.  

I feel far more comfortable with Denver’s DBs after this signing. 

• Like 1

Feeling much better about the D.  Still need to address ILB and NT,  as well as Safety depth, but the gaping holes are gone.  Not sure what the plan is at OC, and we’re woefully thin at WR.  Still expect they will sign a cheap vet WR in FA, and then Elway can go into draft the way he likes to, with major holes filled so he shouldn’t have to reach.  

Im feeling the TE at 10😃

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Love the signing.  Callahan while unknown by most is arguably the best nickel CB in the entire league.  There are questions about if he can play on the outside, but it’s easily worth the gamble.  He also knows Fangio’s system and verbiage.  

I feel far more comfortable with Denver’s DBs after this signing. 

Will open up more favorable matchups for Kareem too. If I were scheming as a DC, Harris would line up on the best receiver regardless of where they are on the field, Callahan would take care of the slot the majority of the time, and Kareem would get the "easier" outside matchups and have freedom to roam around and be a chess piece.

Love the versatility and it's a great value. Just needs to stay healthy. 

Love Bryce Callahan

Coles Notes

-super physical and can blitz

-really good in the slot

-do not play him outside, you will just be disappointed.

-Bears moved on because he gets hurt every year. Even in 2018 his best season he break his foot in week 13 and misses the playoffs. It isn’t just your standard durability concerns he literally misses a bunch of games each season.

If he stays healthy he is a ton of fun to have on your team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, germ-x said:

Actually just saw it was true.  Big time signing.  That locks in our CBS for this year.  Callahan even if only a nickel CB is elite.  Didn’t think there was a chance after the Jackson signing.  Hell of a move by Elway and allows them to use Jackson in a hybrid role.

I'm still interested to see what Vic and Dontrelle can get out of Jamar Taylor. 

I really like the free agency signings thus far. 

Jackson and Callahan are brilliant pick ups. The two of them along with CHJ gives the Broncos versatility within the scheme. All three are adept at both man and zone coverage and can all play inside and out with Callahan possibly being the exception. Add Yiadom and another young draft pick and this group is set. 

While I do like the James signing from a football standpoint, it just doesn’t make sense financially. I would be curious to know some of the other offers James received. On the field he should be good in this system. If he stays healthy and dominates then he will be worth the 32M GTD. 

Bringing back Heuerman was a good idea considering Butt and Fumagalli are both coming off of IR. Heuerman has actually turned into a competent blocker and receiver. Adding another player in the draft would be wise.  Broncos can’t  count on Butt or Fuma to be a consistent contributors. 

I also really like bring back Kerr. He is a reliable rotational piece and has a great relationship with his teammates, especially Shelby Harris. 

Ive got to hand it to Elway. There is no foot off the gas pedal with this guy. Even if the car is running like crap he’s gonna drive it like he stole it. I admire the reckless abandon, but at some point it’s gonna crash. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Hearing that Su'a Cravens may be asked to gain some weight and move to the ILB position, His speed and coverage skills should translate and it would help solidify our weakest position but would prefer White or Bush.

I'd guess they figure thats about the only chance he has to make the team. I can't imagine he's got much more than an outside shot to do that.

4 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Hearing that Su'a Cravens may be asked to gain some weight and move to the ILB position, His speed and coverage skills should translate and it would help solidify our weakest position but would prefer White or Bush.

At this point I think it would be wise to consider any contribution a benefit from Su'a. He's made more noise off the field than he has on it. 

This adds intrigue to his chances of making the roster, but personally I think he's got an uphill battle to make the team.

Edited by lomaxgrUK