Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

5 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Why? It is probably the most important position that needs fixing.  Why do you think they probably sign Scarbolio from the 49ers?  He is a QB guru it seems.  I mean, if he can get the past out of Mullens...he should do wonders with someone who has 1st round talent. 

I'm just not particularly high on this QB class and the desire to get this team in place asap is worrisome to me. I'm open to it - especially if I get sold on the QB prospect - but after our last two offseasons of win now moves, I'm very worried about this FO not being patient. Similar to what @AnAngryAmerican was talking about in the other thread

11 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I'm just not particularly high on this QB class and the desire to get this team in place asap is worrisome to me. I'm open to it - especially if I get sold on the QB prospect - but after our last two offseasons of win now moves, I'm very worried about this FO not being patient. Similar to what @AnAngryAmerican was talking about in the other thread

Yeah, but rarely does AAA know what he is talking about.  When do you all want to win another Super Bowl, five years from now? Maybe that is a good time? 

11 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Yeah, but rarely does AAA know what he is talking about.  When do you all want to win another Super Bowl, five years from now? Maybe that is a good time? 

This team isn't getting fixed in one offseason. The whole roster is thin. A quick fix isn't possible

I'm just not particularly high on this QB class and the desire to get this team in place asap is worrisome to me

I see this statement alot, and its generally based on the belief that 2020 has an insane QB class. I dont really see that. I think Haskins and Jones are just as talented as anyone projected to be avaliable in 2020. Herbert has a better physical profile than either, but I am terrified of Oregon QB's.

The past two seasons we have talked numerous times about how much we hope Elway turns away from his measurables-centric QB drafting strategy and finds someone that understands the nuances of the game, and is in general a intelligent football player. That guy is staring us in the face in Daniel Jones and now we want to punt the QB issue a year, again. Its silly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

This team isn't getting fixed in one offseason. The whole roster is thin. A quick fix isn't possible

Why not? The Bears and Texans went from worst to first. The Colts went from bad to good in just over half a season. The Jags, Packers, and Steelers were supposed to be contenders.

35 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Why not? The Bears and Texans went from worst to first. The Colts went from bad to good in just over half a season. The Jags, Packers, and Steelers were supposed to be contenders.

It's possible, but it would most likely be a two year process. Like I said - I'm okay going all in on a QB if he is the right guy. I'm weary right now. I mean I've already seen Drew Lock to Blaine Gabbert comparisons, but my opinion may change as I learn more.

We need a lot more talent man. We might go into the draft with one starting caliber cornerback. But if we get a QB that's the guy, our fortunes can change quick. I'm just not sure that guy is out there and I don't like the appearance that the organization feels like the need to address QB regardless of how they feel about the prospects. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

I see this statement alot, and its generally based on the belief that 2020 has an insane QB class. I dont really see that. I think Haskins and Jones are just as talented as anyone projected to be avaliable in 2020. Herbert has a better physical profile than either, but I am terrified of Oregon QB's.

The past two seasons we have talked numerous times about how much we hope Elway turns away from his measurables-centric QB drafting strategy and finds someone that understands the nuances of the game, and is in general a intelligent football player. That guy is staring us in the face in Daniel Jones and now we want to punt the QB issue a year, again. Its silly.

Fair. I gotta look more into these guys as prospects. 

I think it's more the "quick fix" attitude in general that worries me. If there is a QB that they love then hell yeah. Get that guy. 

10 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Fair. I gotta look more into these guys as prospects. 

I think it's more the "quick fix" attitude in general that worries me. If there is a QB that they love then hell yeah. Get that guy. 

All reports are that Elway is high on Drew Lock, he seems like a passable option, no pun intended, if he lasts until 10. Haskins worries me as one year starters have a bad track record, plus he’s from Ohio St and the history of QBs there is not great. And there’s the Duke kid Jones who was coached by Cutcliffe, who comes with the recommendation of the Manning brothers, 4 rings and 2 gold jackets between them.

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

And there’s the Duke kid Jones who was coached by Cutcliffe, who comes with the recommendation of the Manning brothers, 4 rings and 2 gold jackets between them.

Adam Gase is doing his best do de-value the Manning endorsement.