Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

45 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If we don't come out of this draft with any qb I'll be really disappointed . Get a qb to compete and learn under Keenum and as soon as the writing is on the wall next season start that guy if he sucks better draft ammo for next year if hes good no need to address qb position in 2020. This team needs a plan. Right now I just see vagueness. 

The plan seems to be, ‘pray that we fall a** backwards into another Peyton Manning situation.’

10 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The plan seems to be, ‘pray that we fall a** backwards into another Peyton Manning situation.’

Which only has happened twice due to freak injuries in brees and manning since free agency started. That can't be the plan not after the last draft I'm excited to see what elway has up his sleeve. 

2 hours ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

And im disappointed that VJ hasn’t been fired yet....

I wouldn't worry about it. The Broncos aren't the type of organization to fire a guy a few hours after he coached his last game. He will report to Dove Valley tomorrow and be informed of Elway and Ellis' decision, whatever it may be. We should have word one way or another by lunch time. 

39 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I really think he might be doing that. Peyton / Brock v2.0. The 2020 draft should have some good QB talent and is absolutely loaded with FA QB's at the end of their careers.

Draft a QB high and let 'em sit on the bench for a year behind, Brees, Big ben, Rivers.............  It's really quite a FA QB list.

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I wouldn't worry about it. The Broncos aren't the type of organization to fire a guy a few hours after he coached his last game. He will report to Dove Valley tomorrow and be informed of Elway and Ellis' decision, whatever it may be. We should have word one way or another by lunch time. 

That was meant somewhat tongue in cheek.  Didn’t really expect it, and not worried, just want so badly for him to be gone NOW!. 

But yes, if we get to Jan 1 and he is still here, I will be calling for a few other exec’s heads.....

Lets look at the facts elway drafted a lot of team captains this past year clearly looking to overhaul this team. He then trades thomas for a 4th. Sandere tears his Achilles so hes mostly done.

What I'm saying is what happens if a team in contention offers us a second for chris harris. He has a decent contract and is playing at a high level still . And veterans like him on this team that could be traded for draft capital?

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

What I'm saying is what happens if a team in contention offers us a second for chris harris. He has a decent contract and is playing at a high level still . And veterans like him on this team that could be traded for draft capital?

I think there are two players not going anywhere - Miller and Harris - after that everyone is expendable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Counselor said:

What’s the consensus on Yiadom? Do we think we have a starter level corner going forward with him? 

Honestly too soon to say.  But unlike Langley Yiadom has made it to the field.   He had plenty of struggles early but had a couple of decent games and this happened later in the season.   For year 1 that’s a very hopeful sign unlike what we saw with Langley.  At worst he should be in the 4-man rotation next year.   I don’t think we can project him as a year 2 week 1 starter yet but this rookie trajectory isn’t that far off for players who end up being top 3 guys by later in year 2 / start of year 3

Edited by Broncofan

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Honestly too soon to say.  But unlike Langley Yiadom has made it to the field.   He had plenty of struggles but had a couple of decent games and this happened later in the season.   For year 1 that’s a very hopeful sign unlike what we saw with Langley.  At worst he should be in the 4-man rotation next year.   I don’t think we can project him as a year 2 starter yet.  

I think Langley's ceiling is on special teams...he is always making plays on special teams it seems...and, that aint a bad thing.  Our special teams suffered when Keyvon left, and his play on special teams during the Super Bowl season cannot be overlooked. I'd keep Langley for that reason and if you are in a really bad crunch like the one game where everyone got hurt or ejected at CB...you can at least throw Langley out there to see what he can do.  Alas, it is a bit disappointing with Langley, because you look at him and think...dude should be shut down CB.  But, he is not...oh well, move on...but I think he has a role on the team. 

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think Langley's ceiling is on special teams...he is always making plays on special teams it seems...and, that aint a bad thing.  Our special teams suffered when Keyvon left, and his play on special teams during the Super Bowl season cannot be overlooked. I'd keep Langley for that reason and if you are in a really bad crunch like the one game where everyone got hurt or ejected at CB...you can at least throw Langley out there to see what he can do.  Alas, it is a bit disappointing with Langley, because you look at him and think...dude should be shut down CB.  But, he is not...oh well, move on...but I think he has a role on the team. 

Yeah that’s probably his outcome.  Just not a good return on a day 2 pick even a late one.   But Yiadom at least is showing early progression.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah that’s probably his outcome.  Just not a good return on a day 2 pick even a late one.   But Yiadom at least is showing early progression.  

Elway will just keep picking CBs and QBs until he finds a superstar in the mix, I guess.  I guess he looks at the law of averages and says, "if I pick a QB and a CB every year, I bound to get a good one." Not a bad strategy, actually; law of averages generally works, especially when there is no science backing how good a QB/CB might be.