Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

15 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

You guys crack me up. Maybe Elway should send CHJ an apology and a cute puppy to make things right.

I believe in an organization needing a positive culture, top to bottom, to succeed. It's becoming clearer to me that Elway can't be that culture setter. Maybe an all time great QB will be a free agent soon. 

Just now, champ11 said:

I believe in an organization needing a positive culture, top to bottom, to succeed. It's becoming clearer to me that Elway can't be that culture setter. Maybe an all time great QB will be a free agent soon. 

Yep.  It’s why Denver had such prolonged success; Pat Bowlen 

The culture starts at the top and Elway is pretty obviously failing at setting the right culture.

It doesn’t matter what the plan is with CHJ, but considering all he’s done for the franchise you treat him with respect publicly.  Save the sniping through the media for guys like Antonio Brown, not a consummate professional like Chris

And "but Belichick" is not really much of an argument. He is the best coach and football mind in the history of the game. When you are that good at what you do, you can be an exception to some rules. Elway doesn't measure up to Belichick in any way, not even close. He does not have the cachet to be an *******. 

So, Brittany Bowlen comes in as the new owner, and then fires Ellis and Elway, then who is the replacement as the GM? 

I don't know, I think the culture is fine in Denver.  I think handing the keys to Brittany will help.  I think Fangio has sent a tone that is shifting the culture.  

I remember years ago when Montana got the same treatment from the 49ers when they wanted to move on to Steve Young, and Emmitt Smith was ushered out of Dallas...it just happens and always has.  

Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

So, Brittany Bowlen comes in as the new owner, and then fires Ellis and Elway, then who is the replacement as the GM? 

Given Bowlen likely doesn’t take over for 2-3 years minimum seems like Elway either finds the QBOTF and rights the ship and is safe or gone much sooner.  He’s earned the leash for this HC hire and next QBOTF pick but the seat’s hot enough 2-3 years of no QB/O isn’t survivable. 

Ellis on the other hand...is the CEO until someone takes over barring the successful lawsuit (which seems unlikely).  After that though...

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

If it takes an A-hole as GM to win that many rings, hire him. 

Note sure why anyone would think its an "either-or" proposition.  We're not talking about what Elway does from a business perspective (i.e. Ward - no issue with cutting bait.  And for Harris, while I would hate to lose him, I certain understand the business side of that potentially making sense, depending on what he demands).  We're talking about how you treat really classy Bronco's players - and team leaders - in public.  

As others have said, not something I can ever imagine Pat would have done.  And he managed to get the Broncos to more than their fair share of Super Bowls.

• Like 1

What would you guys think about adding OT Anthony Davis??  He's been out of football since 2017 but he hasn't had any physical injuries either ?? Could be a good backup plan, sure he has some football left in him. He'd have to get back into football shape but at 6'5" 325lbs (his playing weight) that could be worth looking into. 

13 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

What would you guys think about adding OT Anthony Davis??  He's been out of football since 2017 but he hasn't had any physical injuries either ?? Could be a good backup plan, sure he has some football left in him. He'd have to get back into football shape but at 6'5" 325lbs (his playing weight) that could be worth looking into. 

SF owns his rights.   So they have to release him first.   I would not pay to get him. 

The problem with Davis is that to return after 3 years away and 2 retirements - it’s a huge flag that the money has run out and that’s the motivation.   Players who return for the $ as the driver after retiring seldom are anywhere close to their peak former selves.   Brandon Albert was the most recent example. When the fire goes out it’s usually for good.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

How 'bout Chris Clark? He's a UFA and started last year for the Panthers at league minimum. He was a great backup here once.

• Like 2

Xavien Howard sign a record deal and surpass Josh Norman what CHJ will dermand ?

He wanted 15m/y ....we can imagine that demand would be a insane 15.5m/y now. 

We can think Denver would not overpaid for him at 30 years old.

A trade with SF will be in the block for a 2nd round i take.

2 hours ago, French Fan said:

Xavien Howard sign a record deal and surpass Josh Norman what CHJ will dermand ?

He wanted 15m/y ....we can imagine that demand would be a insane 15.5m/y now. 

We can think Denver would not overpaid for him at 30 years old.

A trade with SF will be in the block for a 2nd round i take.

The annoying thing is that Elway could have already negotiated an extension for CHJ - instead he chose not to and now Harris has a new contract he can point to.