GB's and SLapper: Dallas at Colts

HDsportsfan

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We finally did what @DaBoys wanted in ran power in the Redzone. Stuffed for a loss.

I am still reluctant to think lining up in a jumbo set with FIVE guys lined up to RIGHT of center, and then running a misdirection to the weak side where you only have TWO guys left of center.... is technically a power play.

By nature, any misdirection, or weak side run, is NOT a power play. It's trying to trick. I don't care how they line up. It's no more a power play than lining up in shot gun 3 wide and running a HB dive. You are still trying to trick the defense by running a play that contradicts your formation.

The only 4th down that they converted WAS power as they ran out of the I formation. Maybe the only play of the game that was I formation.

Also, if your RB has over 100 yards from scrimmage and "it's not enough," then you have problems else where.

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Are we still using "analyst" opinions? Because I just listened to D Sanders say the Cowboys lost because Zeke wasnt productive enough.

Dak didnt play well. Neither did anyone really. From dropped TDs to tipped INTs it was a total poop show. We finally did what @DaBoys wanted in ran power in the Redzone. Stuffed for a loss. We finally did what you wanted, ballzy 4th down plays. Stuffed for no points. We finally did what I wanted, misdirection dump offs. Dropped passes. Every time we started to get momentum, we had another penalty. 

It was a poop game from everyone on our team and in the black/white strips. 

The moment you have to hang you hat on Zeke, or the o-line, or a WR, or an anyone OTHER than Quincy tells me that you’re not being honest. Zeke had over 125 all purpose yards yesterday. What did Quincy do? Make more bad throws, take more uneccessary sacks, and throw another bad pick. He CANNOT put a team on his shoulders and win because he’s too limited as a player. It can’t be any more obvious. Trent Dilfer just said it. And no one would know better than he would.

Yes, other players cost us by not executing. But stop lying to yourself by not holding Quincy accountable. He. Stinks. He’s a VERY low ceiling player who should not be a starting QB. He does not have the talent requisite the position. His limitations are paralyzing this team.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The moment you have to hang you hat on Zeke, or the o-line, or a WR, or an anyone OTHER than Quincy tells me that you’re not being honest. Zeke had over 125 all purpose yards yesterday. What did Quincy do? Make more bad throws, take more uneccessary sacks, and throw another bad pick. He CANNOT put a team on his shoulders and win because he’s too limited as a player. It can’t be any more obvious. Trent Dilfer just said it. And no one would know better than he would.

Yes, other players cost us by not executing. But stop lying to yourself by not holding Quincy accountable. He. Stinks. He’s a VERY low ceiling player who should not be a starting QB. He does not have the talent requisite the position. His limitations are paralyzing this team.

Reread and try again. 

The part about Sanders was tongue in cheek to show how stupid "analyst" are when they are fishing for hot takes. 

And my very first sentence after that was "Dak did not play well". 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Reread and try again. 

The part about Sanders was tongue in cheek to show how stupid "analyst" are when they are fishing for hot takes. 

And my very first sentence after that was "Dak did not play well". 

I read what you wrote. My point is, has been, and will continue to be, that Quincy can’t play. He is NOT a franchise QB, and needs to be held accountable when his obvious shortcomings are exposed. You have been apologizing for them for nearly 18 months. He’s not improving. Much of this is on the coaching staff (which we all agree needs to go), but it’s also on him. He does not have the talent, and that can’t change even with better coaching.

@plan9misfit

Since we want to quote more analyst:

"Dak is the right QB" => Confirmed by a second analyst

"Their OL just got man handled by the Colts"

"Schematically Eberflous had the Cowboys number"

"The Cowboys got out physical'd"

"The Colts finally shore up their OL and it shows"

Do you believe these statements? They are by analyst. 

6 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Could be that the Colt defense, which is the best in the NFL since week 7, just did their thing. I would suspect you bounce back offensively next week. 

We have one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Our statement win against the Saints we put up 13 points. Our offense sucks. We have been winning through our defense.

So I'll give credit to the Colts, but this putrid offense has been a year long trend.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

@plan9misfit

Since we want to quote more analyst:

"Dak is the right QB" => Confirmed by a second analyst

"Their OL just got man handled by the Colts"

"Schematically Eberflous had the Cowboys number"

"The Cowboys got out physical'd"

"The Colts finally shore up their OL and it shows"

Do you believe these statements? They are by analyst. 

I agree with most of it. I don’t agree that Quincy is the right QB. He doesn’t have the physical ability. If his physical ability was 75% of what his intangibles are, I’d want him as our QB for the next 10-15 years. But his physical ability isn’t even 50% of the intangibles, which makes him a serious liability on the field. We win despite him, not because of him.

10 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I read what you wrote. My point is, has been, and will continue to be, that Quincy can’t play. He is NOT a franchise QB, and needs to be held accountable when his obvious shortcomings are exposed. You have been apologizing for them for nearly 18 months. He’s not improving. Much of this is on the coaching staff (which we all agree needs to go), but it’s also on him. He does not have the talent, and that can’t change even with better coaching.

how many teams would love to have a QB ("that is NOT a franchise QB") yet has led Dallas to 67% ?? winning in 3 years, with a ton of crunch time comebacks, actually breaking 2 all-time records all while playing for some of the most incompetent coaching (even you have stated this) to hinder NOT help their QB. Not to mention cutting our best weapon Dez, or a retiring Witten,  and then not replacing him until Cooper arrived. And when Cooper arrived, Dallas goes on to 5 -1? Dak plays near as good as most NFL QBs since (statically speaking)

YET he is not a franchise QB.. this is comedy at it's best.. or worst, I'm not sure. Think

Figured this thread would deteriorate to a bash Dak thread.   Funny how it goes the whole team except maybe Elliot has a terrible game and it comes down to well we would have won with anyone at QB but Dak.      Sadly Dak could have made the exact same plays he did and if a kick doesn’t get blocked easily.  A reciever doesn’t drop a pass hitting him right in the hands mid chest We would have been AHEAD going into half time   I also love how someone mentioned how Dak threw another interception making it sound like that was a key factor in the loss yet that interception was Dallases last play from scrimmage when for the upteenth time they were going for in on 4th amd he was just throwing it up Their like everyone wants when he has no one open to throw to 

listen Dak played okay 1st half TERRIBLE second half he was not why we were shut out  

I really think the coaches played a lot of why don’t we try this or this.   Come on he had HURNS and BROWN not our two best options by a long shot running streak patterns ???   Yes Dak had a chance and could have thrown it better to Hurns but Hurms also did not come close to running a good route  but Dak did our it right on the numbers of Brown in stride 

what really frustrates me is the whole team coaches down play bad and then to read the take oh if only we had a real QB we don’t loose the game.    

Does any one here whining about Dak ever watch any other game.  Like when Titans beat NE and Brady looked like a bad rookie all game long seriously you complain about Dak Brady wasn’t even close to his receivers on almost half his passes. Then sunday   Goff against Eagles missing three wide open recievers that all would have been TD’s   Then as he stumbling falling after being tripped by his own line tossing the ball aside like it’s a hot potato right to a eagle who then returns it like 40 yards ???   Should watch that fun fest in a game Rams ultimately loose by 1 score

i am not trying to say at all that Dak is Grady and is not playing even close to as well as Goff this year but seriously also  what has Goff done yet that Dak hasn’t and look at Goff’s last three games 

what I am saying is all QB’s make mistakes miss wide open receivers for TD’s on a regular basis throw terrible interceptions even the best and if you put QB plays under a microscope and only dissect the plays that didn’t work nip picking them well have fun

I mean come on be serious and be realistic. I know you think it’s FUNY this Quincy stuff but it’s really not when DAK has two franchise passing records on one of the most storied franchises in history that is well known for its QB’s 

His is probably a top 12-15 passer who is very clutch and a great leader who has been responsible for us winning a lot of games this year and as a third year QB can even get better though he is better then a lot of QB’s walking around with superbowl rings 

this ireminds me a lot back to early Romo days when every one seemed to call him out for not being a clutch QB ... we would never win with him 

main evidence ... he dropped hold against Seattle   Of course why is your starting QB holding kicks AND what does holding kicks have to do with being a clutch QB 

sure he never did win a super bowl but by the end of his career it also became clear that distinction was not in him and like a ton of high quality QB’s   Winning a super bowl is elusive and most of the times more a team thing then QB skill   

See Fouts Marino —   Versus the handful of just terrible QB’s with rings   

Archived