2018 NFC North Champions---Daaaa Bears!

JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I went into the Raiders forum and they didn’t like it. *shrugs*

I'm surprised they accepted it as real, to be honest. 

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

DuksrKXUwAEsDtd.jpg:large

That's an awesome picture.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Leno proposed to his girlfriend at midfield after the win...she said yes.

Beyond cool. 

Congratulations to the 2018 NFC North Division Champion Chicago Bears!  It had to be sweet locking it up in a win over the hated Packers.  My Vikings almost took them out completely a couple weeks ago, but we were nice enough to leave them with a slight glimmer of hope.  Then, two weeks later they had to travel south to the Windy City to meet the new Monsters of the Midway!  Hopes dashed!  Bwahahaha!

I haven't seen the game yet but am planning to watch it online as soon as it is available tonight.  I was watching the Vikings/Dolphins game and every time the score for your game came on the screen I was happy.  My Dad kept reminding me that it was in the Vikings best interest for the Packers to win but there is just something that won't allow me to cheer for them to win - ever!  When the playoffs roll around, I will be hoping the Vikings win it all, but it doesn't look like our year so far.  If we get eliminated, as I said before, consider me a Bears fan the rest of the way.  

Best of luck in the playoffs (except when you play the Vikings).  Also, enjoy the division crown.  It's the first stop along the way to the Lombardi.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Watching another year of Rodgers career waste away is almost as sweet as winning the division.

Rodgers career was pretty much over when Mike Zimmer was hired.  That became doubly certain when Nagy came to town. 

Rodgers is a good QB, but he has historically been pretty bad in big games against elite defenses.  They will try to get things turned around in Green Bay with the few decent years he has left, but he has the Bears and Vikings defenses sitting in the road to that destination like a couple of M1A1 Abrams tank divisions.  That's got to be a tough thing to think about when you're a 35-year-old quarterback who is losing your accuracy due to a bunch of screws in your throwing shoulder and a body that is just generally getting more and more brittle by the day.  He could get them back, but it won't be easy.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Rodgers career was pretty much over when Mike Zimmer was hired.  That became doubly certain when Nagy came to town. 

Rodgers is a good QB, but he has historically been pretty bad in big games against elite defenses.  They will try to get things turned around in Green Bay with the few decent years he has left, but he has the Bears and Vikings defenses sitting in the road to that destination like a couple of M1A1 Abrams tank divisions.  That's got to be a tough thing to think about when you're a 35-year-old quarterback who is losing your accuracy due to a bunch of screws in your throwing shoulder and a body that is just generally getting more and more brittle by the day.  He could get them back, but it won't be easy.

Green Bay is in absolute shambles. I love it. It's been such a long long long time coming.

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Wait until they have trouble finding a coach who wants to come there...I dont think the job is as slam dunk as they seem to think it is...

True.  Not only that, but just because you find one, that doesn't mean it's going to be a good one.  Rumor has it that Mark Trestman is looking for a job.  He's an offensive minded coach who might be just what we (I mean THEY) are looking for.  

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

Yes sir. I don't think many of their fans remember what that was like.

I'm 54 and have been watching football since the early 70's.  I actually think I can barely remember watching the Vikings/Chiefs in 1969.  It's hard to believe, but there are probably a lot of people on these boards who weren't around to see the '85 Bears shuffle their way to immortality.   

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

True.  Not only that, but just because you find one, that doesn't mean it's going to be a good one.  Rumor has it that Mark Trestman is looking for a job.  He's an offensive minded coach who might be just what we (I mean THEY) are looking for.  

They have been f'ing up, I wouldnt put it past them to make the wrong hire. It sure would be refreshing.

48 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Congratulations to the 2018 NFC North Division Champion Chicago Bears!  It had to be sweet locking it up in a win over the hated Packers.  My Vikings almost took them out completely a couple weeks ago, but we were nice enough to leave them with a slight glimmer of hope.  Then, two weeks later they had to travel south to the Windy City to meet the new Monsters of the Midway!  Hopes dashed!  Bwahahaha!

I haven't seen the game yet but am planning to watch it online as soon as it is available tonight.  I was watching the Vikings/Dolphins game and every time the score for your game came on the screen I was happy.  My Dad kept reminding me that it was in the Vikings best interest for the Packers to win but there is just something that won't allow me to cheer for them to win - ever!  When the playoffs roll around, I will be hoping the Vikings win it all, but it doesn't look like our year so far.  If we get eliminated, as I said before, consider me a Bears fan the rest of the way.  

Best of luck in the playoffs (except when you play the Vikings).  Also, enjoy the division crown.  It's the first stop along the way to the Lombardi.

You’re a good dude. See you on the first weekend of January.

Archived