2018 NFC North Champions---Daaaa Bears!

JAF-N72EX

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I was 5, I remember it, but just barely.  Honestly at this point I feel like I'm a Bears Superbowl away from having seen all my teams win it all, even tho I was around for 85.

I was 2 and don’t remember at all, but I feel the same way I’ve seen the bulls, cubs, Sox and hawks get a chip. This would complete it for me.

i started watching football late during the **** Jauron era so I’ve never known of a consistently dominant Bears team. I can’t imagine what 84-90 was like.

I just want to say congratulations I'm going to try to find the post for preseason predictions in NFL General but I was one of the very few people depict the Bears to actually contend for the division and people most people anyway call me an idiot basically because of how bad of a team they felt the Bears were. Isn't it ironic that here we are the Bears winning the NFC North title and looking like the only team in that division that is even relevant because well they are the only team in that division that's irrelevant right now. Great job guys good luck in the playoffs

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I was 5, I remember it, but just barely.  Honestly at this point I feel like I'm a Bears Superbowl away from having seen all my teams win it all, even tho I was around for 85.

I too was 5, and barely remember it.  To be perfectly fair most 5 year olds are not that into sitting down for 3 hours to watch a game!  My fondest memories were collecting the McDonalds Bears trading cards (I got Kevin Butler and thought he was the coolest, what the **** do kids know right?) and getting a really nice Bears hat and scarf.  I lost the hat, but brought the scarf with to the Rams game.  It's seen some things, that scarf. 

Also, it's been like 240 days since I gave a hoot about the NFL draft, which is liberating

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I too was 5, and barely remember it.  To be perfectly fair most 5 year olds are not that into sitting down for 3 hours to watch a game!  My fondest memories were collecting the McDonalds Bears trading cards (I got Kevin Butler and thought he was the coolest, what the **** do kids know right?) and getting a really nice Bears hat and scarf.  I lost the hat, but brought the scarf with to the Rams game.  It's seen some things, that scarf. 

Also, it's been like 240 days since I gave a hoot about the NFL draft, which is liberating

I was 12 and still remember most of the lyrics to the Superbowl Shuffle.  I am beyond elated about this season.   I thought the Bears would be better than most did but I did not see this coming.  I figured we would get to about 8-8 and contend next year.  Clinching the title against the Packers is definitely icing on the cake for me.

21 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

^ That right there, man that's perfect..  Wish I'd seen that yesterday, I would have stuck a TV on the back of the truck, found the Packers bus headed north, and ******* blocked for them all the way home.

Unless your truck flies, you would have had a tough time blocking their jet.

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Unless your truck flies, you would have had a tough time blocking their jet.

Hey, week one it beat a MCLaren something-or-other when we were off the line on Lawrence avenue when we were scrambling to get home by kickoff. I was convinced we were going to win because that was an omen.  It could probably take a jet.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:42 PM, dll2000 said:

Ditka was never a great coach.  He was a great and charismatic personality.  That only takes you so far though.  

Ditka was okay. He had some great coordinators, which helped A LOT. When he got too much personnel control later on--that squashed the team. His ridiculous QB decisions through the glory years cost the team at least one Super Bowl, probably two. Which is why I will always hate him...

On 12/17/2018 at 3:41 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

I was 5, I remember it, but just barely.  

On 12/17/2018 at 7:31 AM, Nads786 said:

I was 2 and don’t remember at all, but I feel the same way I’ve seen the bulls, cubs, Sox and hawks get a chip. This would complete it for me.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:54 AM, RunningVaccs said:

I too was 5, and barely remember it.  

You people are just taunting me now, aren't you? :D

Archived