Week 17 SNF Flex Game

footbull3196

Which game is flexed into the Week 17 Sunday Night Football spot?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is flexed into the Week 17 Sunday Night Football spot?

• Indianapolis @ Tennessee
    • Cleveland @ Baltimore
    • Chicago @ Minnesota

What game will end up being flexed into the SNF spot.  Hopefully it will be better than last year because the NFL refused to flex a single game in Week 17 because the matchups were so bad and had nothing at stake

I think it will be Colts @ Titans for the final wild card spot.  I really don’t see too many suitable alternatives other than that

If all goes according to plan, it should be Colts-Titans, which would pretty much be a playoff game. It would be the simplest matchup with both teams fighting for the same prize.

Cleveland will likely be eliminated next week, and even if they aren't, their only shot at the playoffs is through a Colts-Titans tie, so it won't be that matchup.

Chicago and Minnesota has an interesting case, although one or both teams are likely to have locked up their spot in the playoffs and might rest starters

1 hour ago, GOGRIESE said:

If the bye week gets locked out I think Nagy will rest most of the starters. 

I don't think that's possible unless the game gets flexed. 

The bears are one game back from the bye with two to play. Even if they win this week against the niners and the rams lose this week to the cardinals (or the saints lose tonight and then also next week), the bears would still have to win in week 17 to secure the bye because they play in the early timeslot. 

The only scenario where they have the bye clinched before they play is if its flexed and the rams lose to the cardinals and 49ers weeks 16/17 and the bears beat the 49ers in week 16.

Flexing this game would be great from the niners prospective, it keeps the rams starters on the field. In that scenario it would be either: lose and get a better draft pick, or beat the rams starters to prevent them from getting a first round bye. WIN-WIN 

Archived