What does everyone do for a living?

BayRaider

1 minute ago, MrDrew said:

You should be ashamed of your self. 

I’ve been told this my entire life, so I’ll keep saying what I’ve said about it my entire life. “Leave me alone, dad”

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Barback at a distillery 

My fav job I’ve had for sure and I’m closing in on a year there. The atmosphere, pay, and job itself are all good and well but the people I work with make the whole job what it is and I really enjoy working with all of em. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Barback at a distillery 

My fav job I’ve had for sure and I’m closing in on a year there. The atmosphere, pay, and job itself are all good and well but the people I work with make the whole job what it is and I really enjoy working with all of em. 

Going to tend bar soon? Is it as fun of a job as it seems like it would be? Yes I've worked in service and it has sucked but seems like tending bar may be a bit different, most places I go the bartenders are laid back / not stressed (even if they're busy), just doing their thing grinding to make decent cash, and there must be social benefits.. IDK I feel like if I hit the lotto and wanted to work 10 hours a week it would be bar tending. As usual though my perspective is probably terribly flawed.

1 hour ago, SimsZilla said:

Manager at a Home Depot

Yooooooo ya'll are terrible, why do you use a 3rd party delivery company and deflect blame to them constantly when we're paying you for the product and a delivery fee? Shouldn't quality assurance be on you guys? Why do I have a literal ton of materials dropped off haphazardly with no accountability? Why is your employee turnover so bad? When you're with your girlfriend, does she pretend you work for Lowes? Why are all your cashiers either retiree-women or 18 year old girls?

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Going to tend bar soon? Is it as fun of a job as it seems like it would be? Yes I've worked in service and it has sucked but seems like tending bar may be a bit different, most places I go the bartenders are laid back / not stressed (even if they're busy), just doing their thing grinding to make decent cash, and there must be social benefits.. IDK I feel like if I hit the lotto and wanted to work 10 hours a week it would be bar tending. As usual though my perspective is probably terribly flawed.

In the spring, yes. Got promised a promotion. I do plan on going back to college in the fall though.

A lot of barbacks present and former have complained incessantly because it is a tooon of work and doesn’t get tipped out what it’s worth but I thoroughly enjoy it. I like jobs where I’m nonstop busy and this job is perfect for that. I do essentially everything around the bar/restaurant/etc and I like the responsibility 

And you’re right, it is fun at times. When we are slammed though, it’s hectic and people don’t have fun. It’s an upscale place so we get uppity-ish customers a lot and just the constant flow of people make it stressful for people. We have a long bar and it fills up with rows of people behind the row of seats all asking for a drink and some don’t understand that it isn’t instanteous lol. 

Honestly though it doesn’t get to me that often. I work there by choice and the stress I endure in it, I get paid for. I’ve endured far worse things in life so it is particularly difficult to irk me. Well, besides the time a really trashy couple got trashed at the bar and called me the bartenders little *****. People were surprised I didn’t say anything after that but I just nodded and walked off like a little *****.