Has Gregg Williams earned the right to be our next head coach?

brownie man

Has Williams earned the right to be our next HC?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Right now has he done enough to earn the right?

• Yes he should be our next HC based on how our team has played so far
    • No, there is still more he should do before he earns that right

Right now has he done enough to earn the right?

We've got so many wins and have played to an entirely new level. I love how disciplined and aggressive we've played. 

If we can keep Freddie I want G Will. 

To this point Freddie has been the most important part of the equation to me, but the way we closed out that game really helped how the value Williams has added to this team. 

Let’s settle down with the so many wins. Although I’m ecstatic about how well we’ve been playing we weren’t even competitive in the losses. And it’s mostly because of his defense. Although yesterdays game was phenomenal outside of turnovers this year were 31,28,31 overall defensively. He’s gotten us to become an average respectable team. Kitchens has been phenomenal but greggs just doing what every coach does. Preach discipline. Cut down mistakes and motivate his players. Outside of that. He’s not a great offense mind ( crucial in today’s game ) and unless he has great players across the board his defense is sub par. I like gregg don’t get me wrong but he’s not my ideal HC candidate. 

11 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not yet, but if we win out it is going to make for a tough decision for Dorsey.

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Hmmm. I dunno. Right now I can’t believe he’d be the guy.

Pretty much where I’m at.

Im gonna have a tough time believing Gregggggg is gonna be our best option, regardless as to how we finish the season though.

If he wins out then it'll be awfully hard for Dorsey not to retain Gregg. I definitely don't think he's the best option long-term, but it would take some balls for Dorsey to let him go if we do win out, which is far from a sure thing at this point.

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I don't think we're seeing success because Gregg is such a great head coach. I just think we're winning mainly because of Kitchens' offense and because Gregg isn't as inept as Hue, which isn't exactly a high bar.

I agree about Freddie being the key piece. I think Greg has been smart enough to get out of Freddie's way, while also leading the team in demeanor.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I agree about Freddie being the key piece. I think Greg has been smart enough to get out of Freddie's way, while also leading the team in demeanor.

Probably what I like most about him, tbh. His defensive schemes can be incredibly frustrating, but I think his fiery and aggressive demeanor has rubbed off on the players.

I think this week and next week will be Greggg’s biggest challenges and best opportunity to make his case.

Being able to dangle the dream of playoffs is low hanging fruit as far as motivation goes.  With being all but eliminated, does the team come out ready to play and fired up, or do they already have their minds on vacations and the off-season?

If they come out fired up and ready to rock the next two weeks, I’d have to believe he has their ear and respect and it’s gonna be hard to can him.

If not, I think it’s entirely possible he was nothing more than the guy in charge when the human boat anchor that is Hue Jackson was cut loose and they may look for a better option.  Not saying he won’t be hired, but they’ll definitely conduct a full search and his being brought back will likely be determined by how interested others are in the job.

Archived