GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs

canadaluvsdallas

44 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

You know what I like about guys in our forum..

No matter how bad things get we always floor out on the "pessimist realist mood". Not like the sad mess that's the eagles forum :P:P

I think we have a nice balance in here. 

22 minutes ago, Northland said:

Burn the film from the Colts game.  S#$t happens.  Get Martin and Sua Filo back.  Play like your season is on the line on Sunday.

like? It is. Big time players make big time plays when our season is on the line.

If the Eagles with Foles can beat down the Rams they can definitely go 3-0.

I'm holding everyone accountable if we lose against the Bucs, even Zeke.

I'm calling out TLaw, Byron Jones, Dak, Zack Martin if healthy, Tyron Smith if healthy if we lose.

25 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

like? It is. Big time players make big time plays when our season is on the line.

If the Eagles with Foles can beat down the Rams they can definitely go 3-0.

I'm holding everyone accountable if we lose against the Bucs, even Zeke.

I'm calling out TLaw, Byron Jones, Dak, Zack Martin if healthy, Tyron Smith if healthy if we lose.

I'm taking nothing away from the Colts but we certainly played like our season was not on the line against Indy hence my wording.

20 hours ago, anthbes said:

Dak has been sacked 51 time this year. Second most in the NFL behind only Deshaun Watson. I’d say 15 easily could’ve and should’ve been avoided by getting rid of the ball or tucking it.

51 times.... 

It’s clearly everyone’s fault other than Quincy’s. Just ask Matts. He’ll tell you.

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

D Watson?? One of the best scrambling QBs??? Maybe D Watson and Dak, like Romo, try too hard, sometimes in vain, to make BIG plays out of nothing. Sometimes its works out, sometimes it backfires. Ultimately Dak needs to learn, through experience, when he should and shouldn't. It would help having a steady uninjured O-line. It might help designing more plays where Dak doesn't have to wait so long for someone to get open.

BUT the every time DAK gets sacked is Dak sacked himself is probably the number one stupid comment on this site for years. But I get it. the Trolls/haters with all their emotional baggage need to cling on something. It used to be Dak isn't accurate, yet he is improved that quite respectively since actually getting ONE weapon. So let's move on to the latest angle. Dak sacks himself too much. Pitiful. Are fan bases supposed to be this decisive????

Well I guess on here it is Yes. I clearly remember the outrage in Romo's early years(and in some cases much longer) It was a relentless attack on everything Romo. And while there were certainly some real tough losses under Romo then, ROMO TURNED OUT TO BE REALLY GOOD and maybe a HOF type QB. But you wouldn't know it based on reactions throughout his career.  

10 years later same old crap from the legions of miserable Monday morning QBs who will always find more things to Hate (about Dak) regardless of good play or not.

For the record I have been miserable about Dallas losing for years a lot longer than MOST if not all of you. I get it can be frustrating as hell. But whining like Manischewitz is NOT the answer. 

Me pointing out he has been sacked 51 times and attributing some of the sacks (15 I estimated) were due to him holding the ball too long, doesn’t really seem like whining? 

Just Pointing out an observation I had during the last few games. I think I’m one of the few optimist who tries to find the silver lining compared to most on this site. 

Doesnt stop the fact that Dak needs to get rid of the ball, or make a decision to run sooner. It has been really evident this year. 

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

It’s clearly everyone’s fault other than Quincy’s. Just ask Matts. He’ll tell you.

Get the **** over yourself. You are football dumb and dont know how to break down plays. Thats okay, I dont know how to do the contract negotiations or whatever it is you do. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Get the **** over yourself. You are football dumb and dont know how to break down plays. Thats okay, I dont know how to do the contract negotiations or whatever it is you do. 

One doesn’t need to know how to “break down plays” when a QB has no pressure, rolls directly into it, and sacks himself. Or, stands there, and misses a wide open wide receiver. It’s pretty easy to figure out what happened. 

8 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

One doesn’t need to know how to “break down plays” when a QB has no pressure, rolls directly into it, and sacks himself. Or, stands there, and misses a wide open wide receiver. It’s pretty easy to figure out what happened. 

This made me lol

2 hours ago, anthbes said:

Me pointing out he has been sacked 51 times and attributing some of the sacks (15 I estimated) were due to him holding the ball too long, doesn’t really seem like whining? 

Just Pointing out an observation I had during the last few games. I think I’m one of the few optimist who tries to find the silver lining compared to most on this site. 

Doesnt stop the fact that Dak needs to get rid of the ball, or make a decision to run sooner. It has been really evident this year. 

Who said anything about you whining, whining has been going on since who knows how long it's always something negative and it's always Daks' fault simple-minded people. Once upon a time prehistoric man so lava flowing from a mountain and they call it a fire God because they did not have enough intellectual capacity to think deeper than that. We have a bunch of prehistoric mentally challenged fans on here and I was calling them out not you

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Who said anything about you whining, whining has been going on since who knows how long it's always something negative and it's always Daks' fault simple-minded people. Once upon a time prehistoric man so lava flowing from a mountain and they call it a fire God because they did not have enough intellectual capacity to think deeper than that. We have a bunch of prehistoric mentally challenged fans on here and I was calling them out not you

This also made me lol. 

On another note, hopefully Winston doesn’t take any Uber’s while he’s in Arlington 

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Or, stands there, and misses a wide open wide receiver. It’s pretty easy to figure out what happened. 

This is exactly what I mean. Its not that easy. QBs go through specific progressions based on scheme and keys. They typically have ~2ish seconds and are coached on how read the defense. 

For example pre-snap with a single high safety, man under.  The X and Z might be running go's, the Y a curl the TE and out and RB is to chip and sit. 

The read at this time would be to key on the FS. If he favors a half of the field you should have 1 on 1 on a go opposite side of the field. A safe attempt for a big throw. 

Post snap:

The Safety bails to the X side, the Mike drops to mid deep. The defense is now in 2 deep zone. 

Dak at this point has come off his first 2 reads, the X and Z. 

His next read is to see how the LBs are playing his under routes. 

The Sam is manned on the TE out, the Will is spying Zeke which means his Y curl should be the soft spot in the zone.  

Those are his 3rd, 4th and 5th reads. 

Dak throws the curl. 

*But* the Mike recognizes the uncovered WR, bails on his deep half responsibility, comes up to make the tackle.

The DB thinking he has help over the top is playing aggressive under the WR, letting the WR get open. 

So what you see is the Z "Wide open" from the broadcast. What actually happened is Dak went through 5 reads and 2 seconds based on the progression he is coached. He is no longer looking at the Z, due to his training, he is now checking it down to the Y for 8 yards. 

Dallas is now 31st in RZ TD efficiency at 44.19% for the season. Last 3 games ... 18.18%.  Woof. 

By comparison Dallas was close to or over 60% last 2 seasons.

The percentage this season is actually lower than 2015 with the likes of Cassel and Weeden leading the way.

And, before anyone flips out one way or another, that isn't a knock on Dak....it's a knock on all of them. The offense is loaded with mediocrity beyond Zeke and Cooper.

EDIT:  Guess I was on the same wave length as Walker....  https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Analyzing-Cowboys-red-zone-woes-reveal-disturbing-trend-126529641/

Archived