GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs

canadaluvsdallas

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is exactly what I mean. Its not that easy. QBs go through specific progressions based on scheme and keys. They typically have ~2ish seconds and are coached on how read the defense. 

For example pre-snap with a single high safety, man under.  The X and Z might be running go's, the Y a curl the TE and out and RB is to chip and sit. 

The read at this time would be to key on the FS. If he favors a half of the field you should have 1 on 1 on a go opposite side of the field. A safe attempt for a big throw. 

Post snap:

The Safety bails to the X side, the Mike drops to mid deep. The defense is now in 2 deep zone. 

Dak at this point has come off his first 2 reads, the X and Z. 

His next read is to see how the LBs are playing his under routes. 

The Sam is manned on the TE out, the Will is spying Zeke which means his Y curl should be the soft spot in the zone.  

Those are his 3rd, 4th and 5th reads. 

Dak throws the curl. 

*But* the Mike recognizes the uncovered WR, bails on his deep half responsibility, comes up to make the tackle.

The DB thinking he has help over the top is playing aggressive under the WR, letting the WR get open. 

So what you see is the Z "Wide open" from the broadcast. What actually happened is Dak went through 5 reads and 2 seconds based on the progression he is coached. He is no longer looking at the Z, due to his training, he is now checking it down to the Y for 8 yards. 

Wrong. It is that easy. When Quincy is standing in a clean pocket and has a receiver completely open and throws it into the dirt or over his head, we know EXACTLY how it happened. One doesn’t need to diagnose anything at that point. It has nothing to do with reads, or pressure, or scheme. It’s simply that he can’t consistently make throws. Nothing more.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Wrong. It is that easy. When Quincy is standing in a clean pocket and has a receiver completely open and throws it into the dirt or over his head, we know EXACTLY how it happened. One doesn’t need to diagnose anything at that point. It has nothing to do with reads, or pressure, or scheme. It’s simply that he can’t consistently make throws. Nothing more.

That happens so infrequently that its not eve worth debating.

35 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah, at no point in any design does the play call for an off target pass

True, but not all off target passes are black and white. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

That happens so infrequently that its not eve worth debating.

True, but not all off target passes are black and white. 

Oh, like the time it happened on Sunday (led to an INT), or the week before against Philly (let to an INT), or the week before that (flew over Zeke’s head).

I can go on, but I don’t have to. We all watched the games.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

Oh, like the time it happened on Sunday (led to an INT), or the week before against Philly (let to an INT), or the week before that (flew over Zeke’s head).

I can go on, but I don’t have to. We all watched the games.

I would need to go back and rewatch. You sure he was standing in a clean pocket though?

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I would need to go back and rewatch. You sure he was standing in a clean pocket though?

Yes. The announce teams even mentioned that you can’t make such poor throws to open receivers in a clean pocket.

Again, the issue is that he is not an accurate QB and lacks the pocket awareness and overall arm talent to be a franchise guy. I honestly don’t know what you see when you watch games, because the overwhelming majority or people who post, write articles, have played the game, and host radio and tv shows all say the same thing: he’s not a franchise QB. Great guy, great leadership, great intangibles, poor QB.

17 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm just happy we can all agree on Scott Linehan.

Points it has taken a year to agree on:

Linehan sucks

Our OL has regressed (mainly due to injury) 

Cooper is a good WR

Our offense is putrid in the redzone

Our defense is awesome

We love Rod and Richard

Hiring Kellen Moore was a mistake

Points we have not agreed on in 1+ year:

Does Garrett need to be fired

Is Dak good enough to win a superbowl

How much money each player should get paid

Who gets the lions share of blame for the amount of sacks

Points that were never in debate:

Effe the Eagles.

One thing you can not deny, Dak has definitely regressed since his rookie season, more over since that that dreadful Atlanta game. We’ve had a really good season and half of games from Dak, and a season and half of pretty bad games from Dak. 

Will the real Dak step up please! 

Here is a unbiased review of Dak Prescott's game vs. the Colts, starting at the  2:15 mark. He made some good throws in the game, but is highly inconsistent. His arm talent is limited, he holds the ball too long, struggles reading coverages, and is inaccurate. It's this type of stuff that I've seen this year on the All-22 film that changed how I viewed him as a franchise QB. It's frustrating as hell and why I said I couldn't stand Dak, if only he had a bit more arm talent to go with his intangibles. He would be really good  QB. But he doesn't.

12 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

One thing you can not deny, Dak has definitely regressed since his rookie season

I would agree with this for the most part. Think majority would as well. Lots of change. The supporting cast isn't as good, and I think the coaching has regressed more than anything else. 

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm just happy we can all agree on Scott Linehan.

You can keep blaming Linehan, but there's been several games this year where Linehan's play calling was good and players were running wide open, but Dak couldn't consistently get them the ball. And Dak not having weapons shouldn't be an excuse anymore. He has Zeke, Cooper and Beasley.

If you're firing Linehan (which I agree should happen), then he shouldn't be the only one gone. Kellen Moore and Jason Garrett (pipe dream) should go with him.

Archived