Sony Michel

Elky

Isaiah Wynn was the the head scratcher. Michel would have been fine at 31 of they took Lamar Jackson at 21 or Calvin Ridley. Others made sense too, like Justin Reid, or IMO Mason Rudolph. I don't really think Leonard looks like such a missed opportunity if Ja'Whaun Bentley had remained healthy this season. I can't say the same for Wynn though, or Michel to some extent. This first round picks were befuddling.

I hope Braxton Berrios turns out okay because Edelman is not getting re-signed after his contract is up. If Duke Dawson shows similar potential to Reid then that isn't so bad either. The pick that really sucks/is confusing to me is Isaiah Wynn. You had Ridley and a QB of the Future like Lamar Jackson on the board who everyone expected and feared the Patriots landing in their lap.

Sony Michel is good player with that said I hate taking a RB in the 1st RD.  I don't care how good he can play.  Look at the Giants they take Saquon Barkley a great player however I would of taken Quenton Nelson and drafted Nick Cubbs in the 2nd round.

I also don't understand drafting a RB when it was a position of strength. I understand we had injuries but we had 4/5 RB on the roster.  Just look at the players we passed on for a RB!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/draft.htm

I had no complaints with the Wynn pick, if he comes back 100% IMO he going to be a heck of a player.

16 minutes ago, LD696 said:

ITT: hindsight20/20

also the expectation of being Kamara/Bell level talent is laughable

That’s what I need if I’m taking a back in round 1. Especially on a team with so many defensive needs. Like basically a brand new front 7

10 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

That’s what I need if I’m taking a back in round 1. Especially on a team with so many defensive needs. Like basically a brand new front 7

Then the issue here is not Sony Michel but rather the guy that drafted him. Ultimately, Sony has looked fine for a rookie. You want some perspective? How about we compare two rookie seasons;

Le’veon Bell:

13 games started

860 yards

3.5 ypc

8 TDs 

Sony:

7 games started

765 yards

4.3 ypc 

5TDs

Todd Gurley;

12 games started

1106 yards

4.8 ypc 

10 TDs 

Not all backs/players look elite on their first season, some do but not all, that expectation is silly. 

Sure, Sony isn't the most creative runner and that leads to a lot of 4-5 yard carries, but he's a good back. He's way better than Dion Lewis. He's a real lead back, and if the line stops holding every time he gets to the second level, his stats would reflect that. Plus, we don't know the status of his knee totally. It could be that he is a better lateral-movement back than we think, and I think that might be the case. Even if it isn't, Sony was 100% worth the pick I think. I don't think you need an All-Pro if you're drafting an RB at the bottom of Round 1 - the running back position isn't really "dying." He's the best running back we've had since at least Corey Dillon, I think, not "painfully average."

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Wynn was the worse pick. We need a WR who can separate in the worst way, Calvin Ridley was right there for the taking. Ridley and Sony would've been the hell of a 1st round.

would've passed on ridley for some UDFA reach. count your blessings.

Archived