Sony Michel

Elky

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Did he get hurt? What happened at the end of the game? He got stuffed a lot but it wasn't like he wasn't doing that much worse than Burkhead.

Flexibility. Burkhead can be a weapon in both the run and pass game. Michel was getting stuffed a bunch in the 2nd half because the Chiefs knew that if he was in the backfield, then 99% of the time it would be a run. It was painful to watch. Thank God they went to Burkhead more in the 4th and OT.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:21 PM, AlNFL19 said:

Did he get hurt? What happened at the end of the game? He got stuffed a lot but it wasn't like he wasn't doing that much worse than Burkhead.

He had 29 carries. That's a ton.

Also, as @childofpudding alluded to, it was more game script driven at the end of the game. Burkhead offers more as receiver. Personally, I was surprised there was so little White at the end of the game. I guess they feel Burkhead is a better runner, but I'm not sure that's so true. 

Michel will develop into a much better receiving back with a full off-season in the Patriots system under his belt. I really think he's going to turn into a complete, dependable back. Loved the pick (though I was surprised) at the time, and still do.

Archived