2019 KC Chiefs Skeleton Depth Chart

KC_Guy

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

With Hill back in the mix things are getting REALLY interesting at WR. In think there may be as many as 8 legit NFL WR on the team. I go with six on the roster, but Dieter, Kemp, Thompson all may make teams if released. Wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs were shopping some proven back up receivers like Dieter or Kemp once injuries start to strike in camp. 

What a change from just six years ago. I expect to see a lot more of Sammy Watkins this year. Robinson is an excellent WR3 and, as you say, there is a raft of talent on the bench. 

Who will be Kelce's backup? 

Is Wylie the LG? Is it K McK? 

I posted this in the defense thread, but it's relevant here. The projected starting defense has only five players returning.

2018 2019
Allen Bailey (DE) Alex Okafor (DE)
Chris Jones (DE) Chris Jones (DT)
Derrick Nnadi (NT) Derrick Nnadi (DT)
Dee Ford (OLB) Frank Clark (DE)
Anthony Hitchens (ILB) Anthony Hitchens (WLB)
Reggie Ragland (ILB) Reggie Ragland (MLB)
Justin Houston (OLB) Damien Wilson (SLB)
Steven Nelson (CB) Bashaud Breeland (CB)
Kendall Fuller (CB) Kendall Fuller (CB)
Eric Murray (S) Tyrann Mathieu (S)
Ron Parker (S) Juan Thornhill (S)

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Is Wylie the LG? Is it K McK? 

I think Wylie has played quite well. Is K McK ready? Preseason will help define.

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The projected starting defense has only five players returning.

Yes and thank goodness for the changes.

• 1 month later...

Update after pre-season game 3. Some notes:

WR: Heavy here, but I consider DAT as a ST player only.
TE: Yelder or Lovett - health may take that decision from the coaches' hands. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lovett go to IR. I don't think they can keep two ST-only guys on the roster (the other one being DAT).
RB: Hyde is out due to not playing ST.

DL: Speaks or Ogbah. As with TE, the health situation may decide. Dark horse: Looks like Saunders is somewhat underperforming. May be Hamilton or Ivey get a shot here? With just 8 Players the total number may be a bit low ...
LB: I picked Attaochu over DoD. Attaochu played a lot of ST recently.
DB: I'm picking Miller over Fenton right now. May be a risky move to lose Fenton, but I think Miller outplayed him significantly. Will be interesting tosee who gets the axe once Claiborne becones eligible. Lucas, wade, Fields, Miller - they all will be on probation.

9 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Update after pre-season game 3. Some notes:

WR: Heavy here, but I consider DAT as a ST player only.
TE: Yelder or Lovett - health may take that decision from the coaches' hands. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lovett go to IR. I don't think they can keep two ST-only guys on the roster (the other one being DAT).
RB: Hyde is out due to not playing ST.

DL: Speaks or Ogbah. As with TE, the health situation may decide. Dark horse: Looks like Saunders is somewhat underperforming. May be Hamilton or Ivey get a shot here? With just 8 Players the total number may be a bit low ...
LB: I picked Attaochu over DoD. Attaochu played a lot of ST recently.
DB: I'm picking Miller over Fenton right now. May be a risky move to lose Fenton, but I think Miller outplayed him significantly. Will be interesting tosee who gets the axe once Claiborne becones eligible. Lucas, wade, Fields, Miller - they all will be on probation.

Forget Speaks. He's out with ligament issues. Also, Chad Henne has a broken ankle.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/26/chiefs-breeland-speaks-chad-henne-set-for-surgery/

J

35 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Updated after today's injury news. It's everyone's guess whether it's Shurmur or Litton right now. But even if the Chiefs bring in a vet, it will take him a week or two to learn the reigns ...

We signed Matt Moore. I’d rather go with Litton who’s been in the system a year already.