Week 16: VIKINGS (7-6-1) at Lions (5-9)

swede700

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

WR seems to be one of the hardest positions to evaluate. Seems like you can get a star at any point in the draft. Hard to say that with other positions.

And yet teams, including us, still spend high capital on the position.

We could use another receiver, but I wouldn't consider one until like the 3rd or 4th round.

But I'm less worried about that and more so just anxious for this game!

17 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Treadwell..... a healthy scratch. Moving on. 

That took a long time. The new OC may have something to do with it but I think the injury to Beebe had more to do it; he was already taking an increasing load after getting moved to the active roster when his injury slowed up the process. Glad to see that they got back to that, and quickly, now that he is recovered.

Treadwell was losing snaps to a WR last year that the team didn't think was worth a roster spot and this year he lost out to a a rookie free agent that didn't even initially make the roster. I don't think we have to worry about Treadwell the team clogging up a valuable roster spot on Treadwell next year.  It is a good decision of the team to no longer using a spot on the field on Treadwell at all.

Paying the guaranteed money next year is a very palatable way for the team to regain the roster spot that was being clogged up by Treadwell when guaranteed money made it harder to move on.

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Interesting

I wonder if Zylstra will get much playing time as a bigger body. How is he blocking?

Wide receiver Chad Beebe is active for the first time since Week 11 and appears to have taken Treadwell’s spot in the lineup.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/23/laquon-treadwell-inactive-for-vikings-in-detroit/

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

He's done here. Spielman needs to swallow his pride and just move on from him.

it's not a matter of swallowing his pride, none of us know how Spielman truly feels about drafting him and him not working out. but we do know he likes to give players three years to develop.

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Wide receiver Chad Beebe is active for the first time since Week 11 and appears to have taken Treadwell’s spot in the lineup.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/23/laquon-treadwell-inactive-for-vikings-in-detroit/

That'll make it tough on the Lions as they are very different style players.

I was more thinking for running plays and the occasional passing play. It is it mainly going to be Adam, diggs, and Beebe with Robinson sprinkled in

Archived