Packers Draft Position Thread AKA Tankathon 2018

MacReady

5 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Man I wanted to see Kizer shred the league these last two weeks...

I'd like to see what he's got .. just curious .. he clearly wasn't ready for prime time in week one, but I'd like to see if he could get the rookie wideouts going again.  I just think he would look their way far more often than Rodgers.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd like to see what he's got .. just curious .. he clearly wasn't ready for prime time in week one, but I'd like to see if he could get the rookie wideouts going again.  I just think he would look their way far more often than Rodgers.

The guys been parked on the sidelines for months. I'm not gonna hope for (or hold him to) much.
Would be nice if he could manage the game well. I think he throws a nice pass. Its the decision-making part thats been the problem with him.

I heard the Philbin comments about football players play, but I heard other comments from him that suggested the issue was still open.

We had our chance to not tank against the Bears. We blew it.

Would we have played Rodgers if we had home field wrapped up for the playoffs? Other teams have sat starters when in that position.

Kizer. Kizer. Kizer. Any other decision is not in the best interest of this team.

The other thing with playing Kizer .. if the guy plays well you might have a potential trade chip.  He was a former 2nd rounder, and this is a league that is starved for QB's.  I'm not sure what kind of weight excelling in a couple of meaningless end of season games can have for a guys value, but a couple solid performances could boost him up a bit.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The other thing with playing Kizer .. if the guy plays well you might have a potential trade chip.  He was a former 2nd rounder, and this is a league that is starved for QB's.  I'm not sure what kind of weight excelling in a couple of meaningless end of season games can have for a guys value, but a couple solid performances could boost him up a bit.

Most years correct, but find me 5 teams who are desperate for a QB. There may be some that should be but won't be in the market. 

Jacksonville definitely, Giants should be but not according to their coach. Cincinnati, Tampa and now Washington with Smith's injury. 

Most teams think they have their starting QB. 

59 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Most years correct, but find me 5 teams who are desperate for a QB. There may be some that should be but won't be in the market. 

Jacksonville definitely, Giants should be but not according to their coach. Cincinnati, Tampa and now Washington with Smith's injury. 

Jacksonville, NY Giants, Washington, and Denver are almost certainly looking for QBs this offseason.  Beyond that, you could have teams like Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, Miami, Pittsburgh, LA Chargers, New England, and New Orleans who could be looking for their QBOTF.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Jacksonville, NY Giants, Washington, and Denver are almost certainly looking for QBs this offseason.  Beyond that, you could have teams like Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, Miami, Pittsburgh, LA Chargers, New England, and New Orleans who could be looking for their QBOTF.

I'm going to throw in another team that may surprise you: Tennessee. Have you seen Mariota play recently? He's got a defensive minded coach and they can't decide who is OC is going to be. He's regressed since is last injury.

To put it bluntly, I was stuck at a PF Chang's in NJ watching that abomination that was the Giants/Titans game while the girlfriend was out spending my money. Mariota looked as horrible as all 50 guys who were carted off the field with injuries. Mariota was Cam Newton terrible with touch passes, he was over/under throwing receivers, and while you could chalk this up to grip due to the equally abysmal weather, the balls he did throw relative to the target were dead ducks. That 2015 draft class is looking pretty piss poor at this point IMHO. So out of the rest of that list. You've got five teams looking for a QB for now, five more for the future, and five more that will pounce if the position is right IMHO....

....which means dudes drop to us, or we drop down and get our dude along with more picks to restock the cabinets...*impersonates C. Montgomery Burns* excellent

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You're thinking about this from a fans perspective. Philbin is coaching for a job. Would you play kizer if you were auditioning for a job?

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nice lists, a third of the league may be making a move at QB either to start or back up.
Gonna be some offseason movement too since Tampa is moving on from Jameis, maybe one of the other teams will give him a try.
Additional vets that might impact the QB search include Flacco, Foles, maybe even Bradford if he's still upright. Not sure about Bridgewater in NO, they did some cap maneuvering with him.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Any of those teams looking for their "QBOTF" this off-season, are more likely to find him someplace other than the early rounds of the draft.  This just isn't the year for QB's in the draft. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

You're thinking about this from a fans perspective. Philbin is coaching for a job. Would you play kizer if you were auditioning for a job?

I mean maybe? 

If you can put together a good gameplan and call a good game for Kizer and win that is going to be seen as a much bigger achievement than Rodgers winning these games. Philbin lost the Packers' job in Chicago, if he wants to be an OC somewhere else I think Kizer being good would be more helpful to him than Rodgers beating lesser teams. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Well, Murphy likes to stick his nose in the GM's business, why not the coaches, too? Murphy could easily make the call to sit Aaron the final 2 games. We gain nothing by playing him.

8 hours ago, Golfman said:

Cinci

Jacksonville

Oakland

Denver

Washington

NY Giants

Tampa Bay 

So 7/32, or 22% of the league- and that’s just this year- the packers can choose to hold him until after next season as well before trading him (would be smart).

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m pretty sure if Gutekunst puts Rodgers in IR, Philbin will have to suck it up.

Archived