State of the Colts

Warhorse

Well, nothing like getting a big time win, eh? That wasn't just a win, it was a statement. BTW, don't they say everything is bigger in Texas? Well that was a gigantic doughnut they left in Nap Town. 

Regardless of the final standing, there are some pretty cool recognitions that might be possible as the year rolls to a close:

Come back player of the year - Luck

GM of the year - Ballard

Coach of the year - Reich

Assistant coach of the year - Eburflus

Rookie defensive player of the year - Leonard

It is becoming quite clear that this team is bonded and working together towards a common goal. I see a cohesive locker room, a bright, astute coaching staff, and a wise, forthcoming GM. The future is so bright it is scary. 

Thank you Jim Irsay, you made the right choice, and it started with that decision. Honoring your former players and bringing them back was very underrated as well. 

The Oakland Raiders let Denico Autry (Colts) leave in free agency, then traded Khalil Mack(Bears) , and waived Bruce Irvin(Falcons) after 8 games. 

Jon Gruden later said it was hard to find good pass rushers. 

2017 Oakland Raiders 31.5 sacks

leaders: Khalil Mack 10.5, Bruce Irvin 8, Denico Autry 5

2018 Oakland Raiders: 12 sacks (14 games played) 

2018 Khalil Mack: 15.5 sacks 

2018 Denico Autry: 9 sacks

2018 Bruce Irvin ( 5.5 sacks (3 w/Raiders, 2.5 w/Falcons) 

I was listening to a podcast earlier today which was recorded prior to this week’s games being played. They were seriously considering Reich as the main contender to Matt Nagy for COY.

Most people are still clinging onto Derwin James for ROY and others maintain that if Bradley Chubb records enough sacks he will have it locked down. It’s becoming clear that Leonard is being penalized for playing WILL/ILB  

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

The team is playing some good football this yr. Good to be a Colts fan again. I don't think we'll make the playoffs but the future is bright for our team. 

Ravens /Charges and Steelers/Saints I could see at least a loss for one of those teams. Got to take care of NYG first.

Archived