Week 16 Redskins vs. Titans

KingTitan

We have the fewest throws 20+ yards downfield in the NFL according to NFL Matchup on ESPN on Twitter. The Bears, Chiefs, Browns, and Bills (what?) all have double or more the big throws that we do. We also have the highest completion percentage on such throws out of the 15 teams listed in the graphic. Not sure we we rank against the other half of the league.

We're playing it safe with the big throws and not throwing them if they're contested. This is also part of why we have to convert 7 first downs to score. This has been a lot easier in the last couple weeks when we started getting big plays in the run game even though we don't get them in the passing game.

Hard to say if that's more LaFleur, Mariota, or the WRs we have... Probably combination of all 3.

21 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We have the fewest throws 20+ yards downfield in the NFL according to NFL Matchup on ESPN on Twitter. The Bears, Chiefs, Browns, and Bills (what?) all have double or more the big throws that we do. We also have the highest completion percentage on such throws out of the 15 teams listed in the graphic. Not sure we we rank against the other half of the league.

We're playing it safe with the big throws and not throwing them if they're contested. This is also part of why we have to convert 7 first downs to score. This has been a lot easier in the last couple weeks when we started getting big plays in the run game even though we don't get them in the passing game.

Hard to say if that's more LaFleur, Mariota, or the WRs we have... Probably combination of all 3.

I think lack of a consisten run game/bad interior pass blocking all make it a combo of 5. 

We have to figure that what Henry and the Oline have done the past couple of weeks is going to start opening up the deep field. 

I agree that we don't try it enough.  Even when its an incomplete pass, I like it... we need to do it more... it just opens up the middle/short routes on the field. 

Now that the run game has gotten going, we have 2 weeks to put it all together. 

So I live here in DC now and the Skins fanbase is at an all time low. Last week Mason Foster(a starting LB)was on twitter and bashing the franchise and even said F this team(which he of course blamed his cousin) and no punishment was given. The fans here are fed up and it sounds like the players are growing tired of the Gruden message. 

If, and that is a sizable if, we can post an early lead...we could run away with it. This team is struggling offensively worse than us, but they are stout vs the run. This is the game that we may need to adjust early if the run game is not going. We can't let a depleted team hang around and feel like they have a chance....but we probably will. After all We are the Titans, the mighty mighty Titans!!!

5 hours ago, TitanSS said:

We're also among the fewest in short passes, but also tied for the most effective there, FWIW:

I mentioned this in another thread Vrabel needs to show what happened in Jacksonville 2 seasons ago as motivation to keep these guys motivated and not to take Washington lightly.

Titans will win I just don’t want it to be a close one like the Jets let’s control the game and get the guys out healthy 

Trap game boys! 3 game winning streak. Coming home after a bad weather road game vs a struggling team without their starting QB but has a good defense. And a looming win and get in game vs a division opponent. Pro bowl getting announced. And after the past couple of years and earlier this season talking about respect in the media its not hard to see it happening again. 

With that said I think we win. Losing Ryan sucks. But Butler has been playing better lately and sims has had his good moments we should be okay. Run the ball. No turnovers and we should be fine. If we get behind early I think Marcus can bring us back. So either way we will be fine!

Take care of these boys and hope two of the best teams cant knock off the ravens and/or the steelers and set up another statement game! 

Archived