Week 16 Redskins vs. Titans

KingTitan

I think most people who say giving up on Marcus is not realistic, is a multi tierd thought.

1. He is better than anything we have had since McNair...that is hardly debatable.

2.We are set up to win now, no where near rebuilding mode.

3. Diffrent coordinators nearly every year, and two and a half year we were running an offense that did nothing to develop him. Protect him and maybe hide him yes...develope and play to his strengths no!!

4. We don't have a guy that has promise...the cupboard is bare behind him as far as a future "GUY".

So I do think that most would be all for replacing him today with the next Rodgers, Brees or Mahomes.

So if those who want him gone  ASAP can go beyond saying...he sucks at this or he does this all the time or he has regressed...can propose a path forward, an option that is better than what  Marcus offers, I think people would be open to a change...but last I checked generational players were awfully tough to come by.

11 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I think most people who say giving up on Marcus is not realistic, is a multi tierd thought.

1. He is better than anything we have had since McNair...that is hardly debatable.

2.We are set up to win now, no where near rebuilding mode.

3. Diffrent coordinators nearly every year, and two and a half year we were running an offense that did nothing to develop him. Protect him and maybe hide him yes...develope and play to his strengths no!!

4. We don't have a guy that has promise...the cupboard is bare behind him as far as a future "GUY".

So I do think that most would be all for replacing him today with the next Rodgers, Brees or Mahomes.

So if those who want him gone  ASAP can go beyond saying...he sucks at this or he does this all the time or he has regressed...can propose a path forward, an option that is better than what  Marcus offers, I think people would be open to a change...but last I checked generational players were awfully tough to come by.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the majority of that. I haven't seen people wanting him gone ASAP really though either. I'm one of his biggest detractors and even I say he has all of next year to stay healthy and improve. If we can replace him then, go for it. If we cant, franchise him and buy another year.

Just don't give him 100 million.

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That is partly why I'm not scare if Gabbert starts.  

If we're even saying this though what do we think we have in Mariota?

I know we'd all much rather have Mariota start, especially in a primetime game , but I'm not that scared either with the game manager role that he's taken on.

That's fair. I basically consider myself a pro Mariota guy, but if we could do something to improve I am all for it. Idon't feel like he has reached his potential and that he is being used to his strengths...but no one can deny his injuries. I have generally thought that he make mostly bad decisions vs bad throws...and always thought that was a positive because you should be able to coach the bad decisions out of him. But we are 4 years in and he still makes those bad decisions with the same regularity. 

I just wish we would play slightly more to his strengths generally speaking...I understand that right now Henery is in a zone and we need to ride him...but Marcus is a pure rhythm guy and he is rarely if ever allowed to get in a rhythm. Also have to get him on the move...it's almost painful to watch him drop back 5 steps and the pocket is collapsing around him and he doesn't have the awareness of a Luck or R. Wilson. 

I just can't quit Marcus...he's just so damn clutch!!!

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

If we're even saying this though what do we think we have in Mariota?

I know we'd all much rather have Mariota start, especially in a primetime game , but I'm not that scared either with the game manager role that he's taken on.

I'm not saying it as a knock against Marcus tho. That to me is a strength of Gabbert. Doesn't make him a better overall QB. Just like Jackson running for 80 yards and winning make him a better QB than say Mahomes. 

Just saying I think Gabbert has that over Marcus in this offense at least from what I seen. 

Who do I want starting? Marcus without question. He is a better QB. 

Just saying I'm not afraid of Gabbert starting in this offense because of what qualities he has shown in this offense and the role they are likely going to ask him to play. 

I think Gabbert will be more of a true manager, while I think they ask more of Marcus than a traditional game manager. 

On 12/24/2018 at 11:54 AM, TitanSS said:

I magnify his mistakes during the game. That's an emotional reaction not me grading his performance. 

He did have good plays Saturday. I acknowledge those.  They lasted two drives into the game, and then for the millionth time he took a sack he didn't need to and then several plays later was hurt again, whether that one was avoidable or not, he was hurt.

He had one of the best pass blocking offenses under Mularkey, still always hurt. That's not the reason why.

He's an average QB that's consistently hurt. If he was a good QB who was hurt or an average QB that was always healthy, maybe I'd want him back.

No, I'm not 100% objective, but the majority of you aren't either.

Geoff Schwartz tweeted that Mariota was pressured 11 times during the Ravens game. That's not my statistic and not something that I made up. It's a third party, unbiased, former NFL OL evaluating the play of the OL in that game. It's not hyperbole, it's me taking someone elses statistic. He credited Mariota at fault for 6 or 7 of the sacks in that game. Again, me being biased though right?

I just found an NFL article saying 14 QB pressures that game. Is being sacked on 11 of 14 pressures not the majority?

Bitching for the sake of bitching is my response to the obvious mocking towards someone who disagrees with you. 

Like we all agreed previously that people needed to move on from dropped pass issue from earlier in the season... We all need to move on from the Ravens game as well. 

But for the record... That official box score  shows 11 sacks and 9 additional qb hits. That's at least 20 pressures there. Official box scores don't include other "pressures" but I think it's safe to assume that the Ravens got at least a couple additional pressures on Mariota that resulted in him rushing a pass off before he was hit or sacked. 

Its still a horrible game... A game that resulted in me questioning if he was our qb of the future. But things have happened since that's brought me back to the other side. For simplicity, 9 games, a 6-3 record, 72 completion %, 193 pass yards/game (218 combined yards), 9:4 ratio, a 102+ qb rating, and 25 sacks (about 2.5 sacks/game). If you only count the 6 games prior to this King Henry explosion, it's a 3-3 record , 72.5 completion %, 230 yards/game (262 combined), a 9:3 ratio, a 110+ qb rating, but 3.5 sacks/game though. 

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Like we all agreed previously that people needed to move on from dropped pass issue from earlier in the season... We all need to move on from the Ravens game as well. 

But for the record... That official box score  shows 11 sacks and 9 additional qb hits. That's at least 20 pressures there. Official box scores don't include other "pressures" but I think it's safe to assume that the Ravens got at least a couple additional pressures on Mariota that resulted in him rushing a pass off before he was hit or sacked. 

Its still a horrible game... A game that resulted in me questioning if he was our qb of the future. But things have happened since that's brought me back to the other side. For simplicity, 9 games, a 6-3 record, 72 completion %, 193 pass yards/game (218 combined yards), 9:4 ratio, a 102+ qb rating, and 25 sacks (about 2.5 sacks/game). If you only count the 6 games prior to this King Henry explosion, it's a 3-3 record , 72.5 completion %, 230 yards/game (262 combined), a 9:3 ratio, a 110+ qb rating, but 3.5 sacks/game though. 

I had this long post typed up about him struggling in the first half of games, and wondering if he's lost confidence and blah blah, but I'm sure it's all been said before.

We'll just have to see what he does next year.

Archived