Be careful what you wish for.

ericsvibe

There is a rumor circulating right now that Ross isn't committed to Gase for 2019. Rumors are that he will jump ship if the right candidate is interested, basically a redo of the Sparono/Harbaugh debacle. People close to Ross are advising him to stick with Gase due to a lack of quality Coaches that would be interested in playing in Miami. Supposedly, the last go around, Ross received very little interest from established coaches. Ross is torn because he is fully aware that changing the HC and front office means that the Dolphins roster will be gutted, and he will have to start all over again. Many journalists are saying that the best option would be to find a better GM by dumping Tannenbaum. The uncertainty is starting to spread to the players. Many of the older vets have adopted an "not my fault" attitude, indicating that the players believe that Gase is going to be gone, so they won't have to answer to him. The latest was Jones, who flat out said that he is being limited in the defense due to Gase's game plans. Another article just recently published stated the Harbaugh may be ready to come back to the NFL, and he has told close friends that he made a mistake in picking the 49ers over the Dolphins. Ross and Harbaugh have met many times due to functions at Michigan, and supposedly they are on speaking terms. There is an old saying that when the boss runs out of ideas on how to fix a problem, that it is time to find a new boss. Gase's press conference today showed exactly that. He said many times that he couldn't tell you what went wrong, that the Dolphins were outplayed. Sorry, but ask any fan on this forum what went wrong, and we can identify lots of things. I don't want to sound as if I am hating on Gase, because to be honest, I don't want to start over again. I do however want some changes up top, because the long term vision of the franchise sucks. The Patriots are finally starting to fade, and the Bills and Jets are in a better position today to take the division than the Dolphins. I have a feeling that this is going to be a harsh offseason.

There were  "experts" that thought Miami would be competing for the #1 overall draft pick. It'd be weird to move on from Gase after managing a possible 8-8 season with what transpired thus far. I think we just need a new defensive coordinator, and of course a QBotF. 

I just  see another Sparono and Philbin situation here if Gase stays for a forth season as his two predecessors. It will not be any different next season Gase will get canned after an  average to bad first 10 games Miami does the interim coach deal another season wasted and then reset, why not just go ahead and start next year with a new regime and  the young talent we have and give them some new hope for next season.

2 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Is Jim Harbaugh really all that? 

His stint with the 49ers is really freaking impressive. Took them from perennial losers to  consistent Super Bowl contender and they collapsed immediately after his departure. There aren't many potential NFL head coaches with that kind of resume.

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

His stint with the 49ers is really freaking impressive. Took them from perennial losers to  consistent Super Bowl contender and they collapsed immediately after his departure. There aren't many potential NFL head coaches with that kind of resume.

I feel like Gase is more on the cutting edge of where the NFL is going offensively, and we would score more points with him.

3 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I feel like Gase is more on the cutting edge of where the NFL is going offensively, and we would score more points with him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for letting Gase have another year. Tannebaum's gotta go tho. Burke needs to go too, probably.

Biggest boon about Harbaugh though is his relationship with Ross... he'd be given a much longer leash. Which would at least give a coach a chance to build something without worrying about the hotseat after a year or two.

IF Gase is going to be canned, the replacement better be one of the Harbaugh brothers. I'd still probably prefer Gase for another year.

Archived