Be careful what you wish for.

ericsvibe

42 minutes ago, FinSting said:

That honest burn! 

Truth stings sometimes.

But if you look at it, we don't have a lot of loaded contracts on the DL. It can be rebuilt without much dead cap. Some of the young, cheap DTs like Taylor and Gocheaux may well be suitable for playing 1- or 3-tech.

Same with McMillan and Baker, I think those are two starting-caliber ILBs.

Now is literally the perfect time to switch to a 3-4.

On 12/18/2018 at 6:47 PM, cddolphin said:

Truth stings sometimes.

But if you look at it, we don't have a lot of loaded contracts on the DL. It can be rebuilt without much dead cap. Some of the young, cheap DTs like Taylor and Gocheaux may well be suitable for playing 1- or 3-tech.

Same with McMillan and Baker, I think those are two starting-caliber ILBs.

Now is literally the perfect time to switch to a 3-4.

I agree that McMillan and Baker would probably both be better at playing 3-4 ILB..... I don’t see Taylor and Godcheaux being suitable 3 techs, but If 1 of those 2 panned out as a 3 tech then it would be a win.

I still don’t get the love our forum seems to have with the 3-4 front.  The 4-3 wide 9 isn’t the problem......the DC and the personnel are.

On 12/18/2018 at 4:36 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Doesn't matter what the title is, Tannenbaum has the final say and that's a problem. He needs to just go.

I couldn’t agree more.  T bum needs to get the boot.  Always despised the hire.  

Gase obviously isn’t perfect, but I’m not all in on letting him go yet considering the HC candidates currently on the market.  I would be interested in Harbaugh if he’s ready to leave college but I’m not sure that’s the case.

If the Buffalo game looks just like the Vikings and the Jaguars game and the Dolphins lose the last 3 games of the season just like they did last year who is more to blame Tannehill or Gase? Keep in mind that Tannehill did not play the last 3 games last season and Gase picked Cutler to be the starter last season different QBs same coach.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:28 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

If the Buffalo game looks just like the Vikings and the Jaguars game and the Dolphins lose the last 3 games of the season just like they did last year who is more to blame Tannehill or Gase? Keep in mind that Tannehill did not play the last 3 games last season and Gase picked Cutler to be the starter last season different QBs same coach.

The interior OL is the number one suspect, tbh.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The interior OL is the number one suspect, tbh.

Ditto. I don't see anyone that can walk in the door at Miami HQ and throw down a 100 QBR like Tannehill has done this year. He's the franchise QB but only if he stays healthy. Having three straight seasons torpedoed by injuries to RT#17 is awful. This year's shoulder injury is a major concern, his arm strength looks very suspect the past few games. 

My only thought is that every team deals with injuries and it is the coaches job to a point to deal with those at seasons end and still win. If Miami goes 0 and 3 at the end of the season for the second year in a row is Miami going to have to have a injury free year to have end of the season success. Great coaches find ways to win games after Thanksgiving and to do this you have to over come early season adversity. 

I do understand that Miami has little success building a great O-line the last 3 years and the front office and Gase who I have read has full control over the roster have failed the team in that. I have not seen where Gase has a good feel for talent and as the guy with the final say on the roster that is not good.

13 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I do understand that Miami has little success building a great O-line the last 3 years and the front office and Gase who I have read has full control over the roster have failed the team in that. I have not seen where Gase has a good feel for talent and as the guy with the final say on the roster that is not good.

Sitton and Kilgore were brought in to correct that problem, and looked strong heading into the season. "Hey maybe the trenches problem is finally solved." Wrong, they were both soon on IR instead. It's a mystery to me why we have such bad luck with the middle of the o-line. Davis plays a ton of downs but is he a true starting G or an interim?

It is funny to me that certain teams can build a strong O-line, with no name players, and have great success. The Dolphins on the other hand over the last decade, with 3 different front offices, have not been able to do that. Now your QB has allot to do with this, because Mahomes could play with a high school line and still be successful. The Dolphins had the horrid combination of a QB with no feel for the pocket, who can't read defenses, and a horrid O-line that can't pick up a blitz. So here are the choices per the local beat reporters. 1. T-Bomb is fired, Gase is offered a contract extension that removes his authority over the roster, Grier is promoted to be a "real" GM, and another executive is brought in to have final say over all decisions. 2., T-bomb, Gase and Grier are fired. Ross sends a first round pick in 2020, and tens of millions of dollars to the Ravens for Harbaugh, and the Dolphins find a new front office to work with Harbaugh. Another option I have seen is the Dolphins send a 3rd and Reshad Jones to the Ravens, plus a pile of money. 3. T-bomb is fired, and the rest of the structure of the team stays in place, with Gase and Grier sharing final say. I think that 1 and 3 are the most likely, with 3 being the safest bet. That being said, option 2 would be allot of fun to watch.

19 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

It is funny to me that certain teams can build a strong O-line, with no name players, and have great success. The Dolphins on the other hand over the last decade, with 3 different front offices, have not been able to do that. Now your QB has allot to do with this, because Mahomes could play with a high school line and still be successful. The Dolphins had the horrid combination of a QB with no feel for the pocket, who can't read defenses, and a horrid O-line that can't pick up a blitz. So here are the choices per the local beat reporters. 1. T-Bomb is fired, Gase is offered a contract extension that removes his authority over the roster, Grier is promoted to be a "real" GM, and another executive is brought in to have final say over all decisions. 2., T-bomb, Gase and Grier are fired. Ross sends a first round pick in 2020, and tens of millions of dollars to the Ravens for Harbaugh, and the Dolphins find a new front office to work with Harbaugh. Another option I have seen is the Dolphins send a 3rd and Reshad Jones to the Ravens, plus a pile of money. 3. T-bomb is fired, and the rest of the structure of the team stays in place, with Gase and Grier sharing final say. I think that 1 and 3 are the most likely, with 3 being the safest bet. That being said, option 2 would be allot of fun to watch.

I think it will be Option 3.  Option 2 would be fine with me except I hate the idea of a 1st round pick for Harbaugh........Maybe, if it was Bellicheck.  

The fact that we haven’t shut Tannehill down for the Bills game today tells me that either Tannehill is gone or Gase is coaching for his job this week and I personally believe it’s the latter.  If we let Gase go then please.....please.....not Jeff Fisher.....I couldn’t take that.

Looks like Burke will definitely be gone and Todd Bowles will be available.  That would be a solid upgrade on Defense whether we stay with the 4-3 or convert to a 3-4.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:52 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I think Gase is a good football coach. He has, in three seasons, outplayed the talent level on the roster.

Having said that, if, and only if, we can land Jim Harbaugh, I'd be for it.

Tannenbaum can go. I want him gone no matter what.

Our owner is the problem.  I hated the T-bomb hiring the day it happened.  And now four years (or five?) what do we have to show for it?

Hire a good GM and let that person make the decisions on who stays and who goes.  I repeat, Ross is the problem.

42 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Our owner is the problem.  I hated the T-bomb hiring the day it happened.  And now four years (or five?) what do we have to show for it?

Hire a good GM and let that person make the decisions on who stays and who goes.  I repeat, Ross is the problem.

I agree with you but we can't fire the owner, sadly.

Best we can hope for is that he bumbles into a decent GM hire and he transforms the franchise into a winner.

6 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I think it will be Option 3.  Option 2 would be fine with me except I hate the idea of a 1st round pick for Harbaugh........Maybe, if it was Bellicheck.  

The fact that we haven’t shut Tannehill down for the Bills game today tells me that either Tannehill is gone or Gase is coaching for his job this week and I personally believe it’s the latter.  If we let Gase go then please.....please.....not Jeff Fisher.....I couldn’t take that.

Looks like Burke will definitely be gone and Todd Bowles will be available.  That would be a solid upgrade on Defense whether we stay with the 4-3 or convert to a 3-4.

Would like Bowles back as DC.

40 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I agree with you but we can't fire the owner, sadly.

Best we can hope for is that he bumbles into a decent GM hire and he transforms the franchise into a winner.

I know we can't get rid of Ross, but there's no point in tip-toeing around the real problem.  I have lived in Atlanta for 39 years, I know what crappy ownership looks like from seeing the Falcons up close all this time.

Archived