2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

Much like with the training camp thread, we can use this one for basic low level discussion. If you would like to talk about a specific prospect, or a specific “player a vs player b” or so forth, please start a new thread. If a discussion is sparked in here, expect it to be pulled into a topic of its own.

There are some real interesting QB prospects potentially in this class.  So that's good news.  A lot of questions to be answered on a lot of them this year though.

Watching some Luke Falk cutups, and after Blake...i kinda really want someone who throws nice pretty passes like that.  Very natural football thrower.  That offense is infuriating when it comes to figuring out what a QB could do in a Pro style system and under center and there are other flags there for sure, but it would be sweet to watch a QB who throws a beauty tight spiral like that i think.

Ive watched some highlights on some of the qbs.

Rosen is good. Needs to improve his devision making but hes worth a round 1.

Josh Allen is a guy who has the physical abilities to be a franchise guy and has good mechanics but somehow doesn't have good stats. Some blame can go to his wrs lack of ability to seperate but its concerning with a below 60% completion percentage and his big int total.

Chase Littleton looks like a solid guy but has a very noticeable hoppy feet. 

31 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Josh Allen is a guy who has the physical abilities to be a franchise guy and has good mechanics but somehow doesn't have good stats. Some blame can go to his wrs lack of ability to seperate but its concerning with a below 60% completion percentage and his big int total.

Welcome to the forum! 

Kind of where I am with Rosen and Allen. Big year for them both. Lot of these guys stocl change drastically next few months.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:52 AM, LinderFournette said:

Rosen seems like such a punt to me.  He's just aggressively okay.  It's like drafting a guy hoping he becomes Andy Dalton.  I mean, i'd absolutely take that over what we have...but it's the kind of thing that puts a franchise in perpetual limbo basically.  Good enough, but not really great.

Allen scares the crap out of me.  He has all the natural ability Rosen lacks, but he's...well he's all over the place.  Really interested to see how he does this year with more experience under his belt - if it's the same reckless gunslinger or a bit more mature approach.

16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Im kinda thinking we should draft bpa kinda regardless of position.  I kinda like the sound of drafting say Conner Williams and then following it up with a qb. 

We desperately need a QB. I think we have to take one. Likelihood of one being around in the 2nd and on that ends up being anything is fairly low.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We desperately need a QB. I think we have to take one. Likelihood of one being around in the 2nd and on that ends up being anything is fairly low.

no one thought carr would be a 2nd rounder or teddy a late 1 so crazier things have happened. i see the jags throwing some big cash towards a guy like Stafford, cousins, ect....

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah.  I don't think this team can continue to just goof around "collecting talent".  We do still have a bunch of needs...but after this season which looks headed toward another writeoff and high pick, you can't actually go into next season without a clear new hope for the future at QB.  You've gotta do something, and the draft is the place to do that.

With the number of potentially high-end QB prospects that could declare in this class, there's an outside chance somebody decent slips to the back end of the 1st or early 2nd perhaps.  Really going to have to see how that develops over the year.  But i wouldn't go in with the expectation you can just "pick BPA" and hope something falls into your lap QB-wise.  That's the spot that more than anything else, needs to be addressed (again).

Archived