2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Man i cant handle this QB situation. If a franchise guy is there, you take him

ya but this QB Situation wont get better without Improving the OLINE no matter who you throw out there at QB u will still get crap results with this current oline. 

this Line is a Complete Joke. if you want to win Games we need to start by taking control of the trenches. our Oline doesnt control the trenches at all. 

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

ya but this QB Situation wont get better without Improving the OLINE no matter who you throw out there at QB u will still get crap results with this current oline. 

this Line is a Complete Joke. if you want to win Games we need to start by taking control of the trenches. our Oline doesnt control the trenches at all. 

Oh come on, sure it isn't an ideal OL situation but improved QB play would most definitely change things (and it's doable behind this OL, Russell Wilson has had to deal with poor OL play for quite a while now). 

Again, our OL is not in a good spot right now, but there are countless numbers of NFL teams feeling the same way.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If you have an opportunity at a potential franchise level QB, you take him and don't think twice.

OL play is bad league wide. Sure, we aren't in an ideal spot along the OL right now and it'd be nice to improve it prior to getting that QB, but I'm not passing on a guy I think can be a franchise QB so we can do that then be in QB limbo until we either pick high enough/trade a big haul of picks to move up to get a guy.

You can find solid guards in drafts that are decent with OL in the middle rounds. RT we can find later too (if Cam ends up sticking at LT). 

Lamar aint a Franchise Guy.  

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Oh come on, sure it isn't an ideal OL situation but improved QB play would most definitely change things (and it's doable behind this OL, Russell Wilson has had to deal with poor OL play for quite a while now). 

Again, our OL is not in a good spot right now, but there are countless numbers of NFL teams feeling the same way.

u picked maybe the outlier of qbs that can semi-handle a bad oline.  if marrone is Serious about being a Run Run run the ball offense then he isnt going to spend a top pick on a QB and instead will likely look at Adding an Elite Safety(Derwin James), Elite Dline Talent(Key, Landry, Wilkens), or Elite OT talent(Williams, McGlinchey).  i would throw CB in the convo but i dont think we would invest that much Resources into a Position but i could see 1 being a pick potentially since we are nickle alot of the time anyways. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

u picked maybe the outlier of qbs that can semi-handle a bad oline.  if marrone is Serious about being a Run Run run the ball offense then he isnt going to spend a top pick on a QB and instead will likely look at Adding an Elite Safety(Derwin James), Elite Dline Talent(Key, Landry, Wilkens), or Elite OT talent(Williams, McGlinchey).  i would throw CB in the convo but i dont think we would invest that much Resources into a Position but i could see 1 being a pick potentially since we are nickle alot of the time anyways. 

We've already had this conversation. Of course he's going to be a run the ball guy with Bortles/Henne as your QB options. Why wouldn't you be?

Again, you act as if there is a lot of QB's with good level OL's in front of them. There isn't. It's league wide outside of a couple teams.

No thank you on taking anything other than a QB if we see a franchise QB sitting there. Grab OG/RT help later in the draft/grab a couple vets in FA if there is solid options sitting there. Only way I'm going anything other than a QB is if the guy is out of range/there just isn't a guy with franchise level ability.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Agree to disagree. He sure looks like he could be one to me. Lot of things left to prove/still early in the process, but as of right now I like his chances.

if u wanna throw a comparison for him maybe Mariota but as we all know Mariota has had problems with his durability even with probably the best oline in our Division. i want a QB who isnt over relient on his athletic abilities.  u make Jackson a straight up Pro-style qb with Very little runs and your Minimizing his best asset and Maximizing his chances of becoming another bust of a QB. 

look at our history of quarterbacks picked early in the draft(first 3 rounds).  it isnt very pretty. 

Jonathan Quinn(3rd round pick played 17 games his entire career),

Byron Leftwhich started 3 years and was replaced by Garrard,

Blain Gabbert(LOL enough said)

Blake  Bortles enough said

history of 4th and later QBs.

Rob Johnson(showed out in a few games and got us a 1st and 4th so clearly not a bust)

David Garrard(arguebly our best QB in draft history and maybe even team history).

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

if u wanna throw a comparison for him maybe Mariota but as we all know Mariota has had problems with his durability even with probably the best oline in our Division. i want a QB who isnt over relient on his athletic abilities.  u make Jackson a straight up Pro-style qb with Very little runs and your Minimizing his best asset and Maximizing his chances of becoming another bust of a QB. 

look at our history of quarterbacks picked early in the draft(first 3 rounds).  it isnt very pretty. 

Jonathan Quinn(3rd round pick played 17 games his entire career),

Byron Leftwhich started 3 years and was replaced by Garrard,

Blain Gabbert(LOL enough said)

Blake  Bortles enough said

history of 4th and later QBs.

Rob Johnson(showed out in a few games and got us a 1st and 4th so clearly not a bust)

David Garrard(arguebly our best QB in draft history and maybe even team history).

So because past regimes/decision makers of this team failed on taking a QB we should just give up on trying to find a guy?

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

If we take Sam Darnold, I may boycott the team. I wouldn't take him until the 5th round. Future backup QB IMO.

I feel bad for whatever team spends an early pick on him.

I think it's too early on that tbh. I will say though that after the Bortles experiment I don't really care to go for a guy like Darnold though.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We've already had this conversation. Of course he's going to be a run the ball guy with Bortles/Henne as your QB options. Why wouldn't you be?

Again, you act as if there is a lot of QB's with good level OL's in front of them. There isn't. It's league wide outside of a couple teams.

No thank you on taking anything other than a QB if we see a franchise QB sitting there. Grab OG/RT help later in the draft/grab a couple vets in FA if there is solid options sitting there. Only way I'm going anything other than a QB is if the guy is out of range/there just isn't a guy with franchise level ability.

i can almost gurantee you that Coughlin wont invest a top choice at QB.  Its Not in his DNA. look at his Draft History. the earliest he picked a QB was the 3rd round.  if coughlins still at the top u can almost bet money we wont be picking a QB. 

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So because past regimes/decision makers of this team failed on taking a QB we should just give up on trying to find a guy?

I think it's too early on that tbh. I will say though that after the Bortles experiment I don't really care to go for a guy like Darnold though.

if u wanna dig Deeper u can See Coughlin is 0-1 in early round QBs as he was the GM in his 1st go around.  hes 2-0 in the 4th round.  coughlin loves the pound offense. 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i can almost gurantee you that Coughlin wont invest a top choice at QB.  Its Not in his DNA. look at his Draft History. the earliest he picked a QB was the 3rd round.  if coughlins still at the top u can almost bet money we wont be picking a QB. 

14774983-mmmain.jpg

Just now, LinderFournette said:

if u wanna dig Deeper u can See Coughlin is 0-1 in early round QBs as he was the GM in his 1st go around.  hes 2-0 in the 4th round.  coughlin loves the pound offense. 

He found Brunell and got Eli in NYG. Of course he hasn't tried to draft a QB often. He had guys that had long term success. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

14774983-mmmain.jpg

He found Brunell and got Eli in NYG. Of course he hasn't tried to draft a QB often. He had guys that had long term success. 

he wasn't even a GM with the giants.  he didn't have that responsibility.   his GM Ernie Accorsi got him Eli thus its not on Coughlins Track Record of Drafting QBs. 

we arent likely drafting a QB round 1 based on how these players have looked to me. 

Archived