2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

again the consenus at this point is theres 2 QBs, 2 Possible Edge rushers, 1 DT, 3 DBs, 2 RBs in the top 10.  U can safely eliminate RB from the board. theres no need to draft another rb in round 1.   so your really looking at 8 guys possibley. its fairly safe to say the 2 qbs will go by pick 5 so in that scenario they were out of the picture. 

also interesting thing i noticed is that they seem to have some guys like a Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph sitting there in round 3. 

I think it's fine to discuss players but to sit here and act like we know who is the upper echelon guys already for the draft is kind of ridiculous. it's mid-September.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 4: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A+) Starting QB. yall can stop saying hes Blake as he reads defenses better then blake. 
Round 2 Pick 4: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (A-) Starting Rackle
Round 3 Pick 4: Billy Price, C, Ohio State (A+) starting G
Round 4 Pick 4: Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest (A-) pass rush help. i think he projects more towards a backup of Campbell then a true outside rusher.
Round 5 Pick 4: Tyrone Crowder, OG, Clemson (A) possible starting guard
Round 6 Pick 4: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (A-) backup RB
Round 7 Pick 4: Darren Carrington II, WR, Utah (A-) high upside WR depth. 

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

so u pass on one of the best Prospects in this Entire draft cuz u have Church and Gipson? Gipson hasnt been great and his Deal only has 2.4 Million in dead in capspace if we cut him.  sure hes looked better with Church next to him but i dont see a reason to pass up one of the best prospects in the draft Cuz Straight needs Based drafting gets you in trouble. Use FA for Needs and draft BPA mixed with need. 

James can even play LB in spurts as hes done with FSU.  it was Him or Christian Wilkens as Both the QBs i consider as true Franchise guys were picked.  Wilkens would be a good pick but i mean we are crazy deep at his Position with Jackson, Campbell, Day.  i would even give James a look as a potential Corner depending on how he runs and how his hips look. 

Absolutely.  And that's even under the assumption that i think Derwin James is otherwise an amazing superstar in the making prospect at the position (not actually sure on that).  It's not a problem position at all for us, and it's not a premium position either.  Frankly, i think DB and even Safety specifically is one of the only position groups where we probably have the best duo in the division.

I also really don't care if he can slide down and play pretend "LBer" on a team that already has lighter run and cover LBers Telvin Smith and Myles Jack.  Or at Corner on a team with Jalen and Bouye.

Fix the crap that's broken.  If that means "overdrafting" someone according to chalk or position, i don't care one single bit, as long as they pan out as an actually good player at one of the positions that has continually hamstrung this team.  A 1st round Strong Safety isn't winning this team any more games next year.

Ultimately, the "best player available" is the one that helps win you the most games.  I can pretty much guarantee a SS isn't that guy in the first round.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Absolutely.  And that's even under the assumption that i think Derwin James is otherwise an amazing superstar in the making prospect at the position (not actually sure on that).  It's not a problem position at all for us, and it's not a premium position either.  Frankly, i think DB and even Safety specifically is one of the only position groups where we probably have the best duo in the division.

I also really don't care if he can slide down and play pretend "LBer" on a team that already has lighter run and cover LBers Telvin Smith and Myles Jack.  Or at Corner on a team with Jalen and Bouye.

Fix the crap that's broken.  If that means "overdrafting" someone according to chalk or position, i don't care one single bit, as long as they pan out as an actually good player at one of the positions that has continually hamstrung this team.  A 1st round Strong Safety isn't winning this team any more games next year.

Ultimately, the "best player available" is the one that helps win you the most games.  I can pretty much guarantee a SS isn't that guy in the first round.

I can tell you for certain James is easily a top 10 talent. I bet you would complain if it was a defensive tackle. 

for a Light and Cover LBer Jack sure is a Bit heavy for that seeing NFL.com and Espn have him at Beefy 244 pounds. 

Teams are in nickle like 60% of the time.  Colvin is a free agent and might not want to be back. We are going to need a corner or 2 added. 

BPA is great in theory but it doesnt really work out that well.  theres always gonna be some need mixed in. 

u can pretty much ask any Media draft site or people and they will tell you james is a special Talent.  you dont pass on Special talent cuz you dont need him. church is good better then Cyprien.  however im still kinda skeptical on Gipson and im not sure i think hes actually worth 7 million dollars good.  we can save more cash cutting him and getting an upgrade at a position of need. 

Believe it or not this team has quite a few holes and while QB is the biggest hole outside of Rosen and Darnold i just dont see a Quick fix round 1 day 1 starter.  

11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10 (BUF): Derwin James, SS, Florida State (A+) Starting Safety. easily a top 5 Talent. 
Round 1 Pick 29 (BUF): Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (A+) this is about where i value Lamar at. 
Round 2 Pick 4: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (A-) Parnell gets Replaced
Round 3 Pick 4: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A) we get a pass catching TE.
Round 3 Pick 10 (BUF): Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A-) we add a bigger bodied wr whos got some athleticism(possible number 2/3 WR type to replace benn on ST)
Round 4 Pick 4: Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma (A) Nickle Corner
Round 5 Pick 4: Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State (A) Backup RB. big athletic, pass catching RB. hes played lot of positions so hes a bit raw but i think we could use a guy like him that could be a 3rd down back.
Round 6 Pick 4: Dante Booker, OLB, Ohio State (B+) Possible starting LB or Depth. 
Round 7 Pick 4: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (A)hes not a name cuz hes been a backup for 3 years but hes breaking out this year and i think hes a worthwhile prospect. 

I would love this draft. I would literally drool for this. Please... 

On 9/17/2017 at 2:28 AM, Tugboat said:

Did not love Jackson's game today vs Clemson at all.  They gave him some real trouble in dictating a bit of what he was able to do.  The thing that really bothered me...down badly with the pressure on to come up with something...he seemed to retreat into his comfort zone of tuck the ball and run around, trying to use his legs to generate a spark.  Just don't like that from a potential top NFL quarterback prospect.  Wanted to see him respond by stepping up and using his legs to open things up for his arm...and it just didn't happen.  Just sort of reinforced my concerns that he may be more Manziel/RGIII than a guy who is going to develop into a Russell Wilson.  When the chips are down...he becomes a running QB.

It was difficult to watch, but this is the exact kind of test that we all needed to see in order to judge him against premier talent and get a glimpse of how he would fair against a better overall team. We need him to develop more in the pocket and like you said, be more Russell Wilson than RG3. Another year in school would really help this young man because the issues are mechanical and between his two ears, which are both fixable, but does he has the mental fortitude to do so? Jackson will have another big test in a month when he faces Florida State; Let's see if he shows improvement in those factors or if it'll be much of the same. 

He's really looking like a project QB right now, which is not something the Jaguars will be able to develop (well at least from previous history) so we'd be better off elsewhere, unless he shows improvement or spends another year in school. 

28 minutes ago, Jags said:

I would love this draft. I would literally drool for this. Please... 

im still trying to figure out why tugboat doesnt think James is a top 10 talent. like i said i could make a list and show you that theres 8 guys that would be more realistic to pick at this time because theres no way in HELL we draft a rb top 10 after fournette. 

heres my list in no particular order: Barkley, Guice, Landry, Key, Wilkens, Rosen, Darnold, James, Fitzpatrick, McFadden and that seems like the consensus in mocks and big boards right now. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

im still trying to figure out why tugboat doesnt think James is a top 10 talent. like i said i could make a list and show you that theres 8 guys that would be more realistic to pick at this time because theres no way in HELL we draft a rb top 10 after fournette. 

heres my list in no particular order: Barkley, Guice, Landry, Key, Wilkens, Rosen, Darnold, James, Fitzpatrick, McFadden and that seems like the consensus in mocks and big boards right now. 

I don't think it's a matter of him not thinking he's top 10 talent, but more of him believing that there is still 3 months left in the season and plenty more games to go. He is probably speaking on sample size and that by the time Feb-April come around, there will be plenty of prospects rising on the board because of combine numbers, pro days, and whatever tape is gotten from the games to come for the rest of the year. 

Some folks have been burned before by jumping the gun early and smart guys usually learn their lesson and don't do it again. I'm crazy though. This guy is L-E-G-I-T! He is as good as advertised. You'd be hard pressed to tell me that anyone in this class is better (QBs get an * because they touch the ball every doggone play). He could be a star at 4 positions. He is really that good. FS, SS, Nickel, CB, WLB. He is just as good as Jalen and I would love to have 2 Ramseys on this team. 

25 minutes ago, Jags said:

I don't think it's a matter of him not thinking he's top 10 talent, but more of him believing that there is still 3 months left in the season and plenty more games to go. He is probably speaking on sample size and that by the time Feb-April come around, there will be plenty of prospects rising on the board because of combine numbers, pro days, and whatever tape is gotten from the games to come for the rest of the year. 

Some folks have been burned before by jumping the gun early and smart guys usually learn their lesson and don't do it again. I'm crazy though. This guy is L-E-G-I-T! He is as good as advertised. You'd be hard pressed to tell me that anyone in this class is better (QBs get an * because they touch the ball every doggone play). He could be a star at 4 positions. He is really that good. FS, SS, Nickel, CB, WLB. He is just as good as Jalen and I would love to have 2 Ramseys on this team. 

like did i really want to pick James. no but he was pretty clear BPA right there with Christian Wilkens. Wilkens would have been a great choice but i passed because we have 3 Starting quality interior guys who are  on longer deals meaning your looking atleast 2 years for him to likely start(more then likely replacing campbell). 

if you guys want an interesting name how about Kentavious Street DL NC State. hes like a freak athlete: 4.58 laser 40, 40 vertical, 700 squat all at 6 foot 2 280 pounds. probably a mid round pick but just think of that athleticism.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 4: Harold Landry, OLB/DE, Boston College (B+) pass rusher
Round 2 Pick 4: Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist (A) possible robinson/lee replacement
Round 3 Pick 4: Trey Adams, OT, Washington (A)starting rt
Round 4 Pick 4: Tony Brown, CB, Alabama (A+)nickle corner
Round 5 Pick 4: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A+)sleeper qb
Round 6 Pick 4: Dee Delaney, CB, Miami (FL) (B+) cb depth
Round 7 Pick 4: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (A+)rb depth

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A+) starting qb
Round 2 Pick 4: Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma (A-) starting te
Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan (A+) backup dl who is a stud. Think along the lines of grady jarrett and mike daniels. 
Round 3 Pick 4: Mason Cole, C/OT, Michigan (A) starting oline
Round 3 Pick 8 (CAR): Martez Ivey, OT, Florida (A+) possible rt or guard
Round 4 Pick 4: Jalyn Holmes, DE, Ohio State (A)possible passrusher
Round 5 Pick 4: Porter Gustin, OLB/DE, Southern California (A) hes really a de and he should compete for a pass rush spot
Round 6 Pick 4: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (A+) backup tackle
Round 7 Pick 4: Darius Phillips, CB, Western Michigan (A-) potential return guy and nickle. 

On 9/19/2017 at 8:45 AM, Jags said:

A lot of it is that, yeah.  Making guarantees and absolute declarative statements about prospects and their value at this relatively early stage of the year is often foolhardy.  Lots of time for things to continue to change and evolve as they...you know...actually play the football games and showcase what they can/cannot do.  You might see things like the gif posted just above.

It's also partly just the player.  I don't really adore James the way some here seem to.  I don't see him as a flawless "can't miss" surefire NFL superstar from what i've seen...and likely projects at a position we not only don't really need, but one i don't generally rate as a "premium" one in the first place.

On 9/23/2017 at 2:01 PM, .Buzz said:

That's ugly.

Image result for lawd hammercy

So hard to watch. I'm not sure if it's because he's been out of football or if he just needs to fix his technique, but I saw something similar twice in the first game (not as bad) and now this. Difficult to watch. 

Archived