2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

watch clemson tape. thats about as good as the tape youll be getting outside of a Bowl game potentially for him.  he struggled as a passer against that NFL Caliber DL. 

What about Derwin James game yesterday against NC State?

Seriously, acting as if a guy can have no bad games is just ridiculous. Clemson is a powerhouse of a team. 

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What about Derwin James game yesterday against NC State?

Seriously, acting as if a guy can have no bad games is just ridiculous. Clemson is a powerhouse of a team. 

a qb who struggles vs an NFL caliber Team that prior to this year stuggled with getting 60% of his passes completed. 

you do realize that James has essentially only played 1 year of college ball. his Physical skillset translates to the NFL very well. he needs to learn to wrap up a bit more and angles but hes pretty good easy top 10 pick if your picking based on upside. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

a qb who struggles vs an NFL caliber Team that prior to this year stuggled with getting 60% of his passes completed. 

you do realize that James has essentially only played 1 year of college ball. his Physical skillset translates to the NFL very well. he needs to learn to wrap up a bit more and angles but hes pretty good easy top 10 pick if your picking based on upside. 

Because no great QB prospects has ever struggled vs an NFL caliber team? Derwin James looked absolutely atrocious on a couple different plays yesterday against NC State of all teams. One gif above was a complete eye sore. So what if he's only played one year of college ball, doesn't excuse those plays.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Because no great QB prospects has ever struggled vs an NFL caliber team? Derwin James looked absolutely atrocious on a couple different plays yesterday against NC State of all teams. One gif above was a complete eye sore. So what if he's only played one year of college ball, doesn't excuse those plays.

remeber this is the NFL we are talking about. where did Cyprien end up going in the draft and he was less physcially talented then James.  just saying.. NFL Drafts based on Upside says he should go top 10 especially since everyone wants to be running the seattle style d. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

remeber this is the NFL we are talking about. where did Cyprien end up going in the draft and he was less physcially talented then James.  just saying.. NFL Drafts based on Upside says he should go top 10 especially since everyone wants to be running the seattle style d. 

Ok, well we have Barry Church and Tashaun Gipson who are part of a very, very good secondary and potentially elite level defense. Do you not take a nice talent because of them? No. But if you are asking me if there is another elite talent at a bigger position of need than I am going with that guy.

We really don't need a safety right now unless Gip/Church fall off a cliff. Would rather focus on one of: QB, OT, DE, CB (depending on Colvin staying or going), or even WR depending on ARob.

28 minutes ago, Jags said:

Just as that can happen to James (top NCAA safety) it can happen to a stud like Kam Chancellor (top NFL SS). 

Obviously bad plays happen to great players all the time. With all the scrutiny over Lamar Jackson having a rough go at it against Clemson I'm just providing some perspective as all players have rough plays/overall games.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Obviously bad plays happen to great players all the time. With all the scrutiny over Lamar Jackson having a rough go at it against Clemson I'm just providing some perspective as all players have rough plays/overall games.

Yeah. I'm not on board with that "hey look he had a bad game against elite talent, so he must be bad" argument at all. Is it disappointing? Yes, but is it the say all be all? No. There is no perfect prospect. They all make mistakes.

1 minute ago, Jags said:

Yeah. I'm not on board with that "hey look he had a bad game against elite talent, so he must be bad" argument at all. Is it disappointing? Yes, but is it the say all be all? No. There is no perfect prospect. They all make mistakes.

I would like this, but apparently I'm all out of likes for today.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Ok, well we have Barry Church and Tashaun Gipson who are part of a very, very good secondary and potentially elite level defense. Do you not take a nice talent because of them? No. But if you are asking me if there is another elite talent at a bigger position of need than I am going with that guy.

We really don't need a safety right now unless Gip/Church fall off a cliff. Would rather focus on one of: QB, OT, DE, CB (depending on Colvin staying or going), or even WR depending on ARob.

as i said for about the 50th time there was No Elite talent at any of those positions. there was a Defensive tackle thats highly touted but we have 3 good ones already so. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

as i said for about the 50th time there was No Elite talent at any of those positions. there was a Defensive tackle thats highly touted but we have 3 good ones already so. 

As I've said for about the 50th time, it's September. At this point last year Smoot was a 1st round talent/some even as high as top 10. These guys don't have final grades and you can't come to conclusions on these guys as far as elite talent. 

BTW, Key and Landry both most definitely have a chance to go at the top. Also, we're 2-1, who the heck knows if we'll even be picking high enough to get an elite talent. May end up being the 8-12+ range if we can pull of 6-8 wins.

17 minutes ago, Jags said:

look at prior years film vs good teams. it shows thats hes a Good Runner and Medicore Passer. 

Look at his previous 2 years of Stats. the TD to INT ratio is good but look at this Ugly Statistic: 54.7% completion percentage 1st year, 56.2% 2nd year. this year hes so far is pretty good at 65 but i havent seen anything that screams Cant Miss Franchise QB.  the Scouts in the NFL dont think Jackson is a QB.  

its like Tebow: Great College Player does Not equal NFL Starting QB. 

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

As I've said for about the 50th time, it's September. At this point last year Smoot was a 1st round talent/some even as high as top 10. These guys don't have final grades and you can't come to conclusions on these guys as far as elite talent. 

BTW, Key and Landry both most definitely have a chance to go at the top. Also, we're 2-1, who the heck knows if we'll even be picking high enough to get an elite talent. May end up being the 8-12+ range if we can pull of 6-8 wins.

if you didnt know i was using a Draft Simulator which has computer Picking and while certainly a variety of boards and such should be used but based on the mocks ive seen Key and Landry are likely picked before pick 10. 

Archived