2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Andy Reid on #TeamLamar

xD

I'm no bigtime #TeamLamar booster, but the idea that in a league so badly QB-starved as the NFL...a team would draft a guy like that as anything other than a QB, is absolutely hysterical.  It's such a ridiculous narrative.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like it seems that way but most teams need OL help so there could just be a run on them

Nah, we saw Cam Rob and Lamp fall to round two and both were very highly regarded last year.

There's always interior OL in the mid rounds.

13 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Get that feeling...

Then again, we saw Forrest Lamp fall to the mid 30's. So we'll see.

Mid-30s pick really isn't too different from a 29th pick or whatever.  But yeah, the end of the 1st/early 2nd is always murky and just comes down to individual team preferences.  So he could be there.  Or he could be gone.  I wouldn't be too broken up over it either way, because...

11 hours ago, VLoo said:

Absolutely terrific year to need help in the interior though. There are guys through like round 4 that could legit start at season kick off.

This.

I'm not sure about 4th round entirely.  But Top-100ish range at least, definitely feels packed with quality interior OLine prospects.

We've also got Billy Price with the injury who will almost certainly fall as a result too.  Which could end up being a pick for 2019 though.  And after that hysterically poor combine, seems likely Orlando Brown slides hard.

like lmao.  19 inch vert.  5.85 40 time.  What?

Still feel like he'd be worth taking a swing on if he's there, as a big mauling RT.  That combine is scary unathletic (and lazy?) though.

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Anybody have an idea what round Bo Scarbrough might go in?

Probably earlier than he should be.  He looks like a 7th round flyer to me.  But he's big size, and rolling out of Bama, so he'll get love.  Not really impressed with him at all.

If we're going to spend on a "big" SEC 2nd string RB...gimme Darrel Williams from LSU all day over Scarbrough.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Mid-30s pick really isn't too different from a 29th pick or whatever.  But yeah, the end of the 1st/early 2nd is always murky and just comes down to individual team preferences.  So he could be there.  Or he could be gone.  I wouldn't be too broken up over it either way, because...

This.

I'm not sure about 4th round entirely.  But Top-100ish range at least, definitely feels packed with quality interior OLine prospects.

We've also got Billy Price with the injury who will almost certainly fall as a result too.  Which could end up being a pick for 2019 though.  And after that hysterically poor combine, seems likely Orlando Brown slides hard.

like lmao.  19 inch vert.  5.85 40 time.  What?

Still feel like he'd be worth taking a swing on if he's there, as a big mauling RT.  That combine is scary unathletic (and lazy?) though.

I get those numbers are awful but are we really expecting to put too much into the combine for OL? Unless he has shown some signs of laziness, i wouldnt consider it a red flag

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Nah, we saw Cam Rob and Lamp fall to round two and both were very highly regarded last year.

There's always interior OL in the mid rounds.

They are always there because they weren't seen as LT prospects and teams put a premium there and seem to knock the other 4 down a little. You just dont see alot of guards go super high. I dont agree with it but it seems that way but i think after round 1 teams realize how weak OL is across the league and are more open to going there but i would expect to be able to find an upgrade on the OL in round 4. We do have a late one at that

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get those numbers are awful but are we really expecting to put too much into the combine for OL? Unless he has shown some signs of laziness, i wouldnt consider it a red flag

Normally you wouldn't, but these numbers are historically bad. It's pretty alarming.

Archived