2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

One WR I'm a big fan of is Anthony Miller. I'd be totally happy getting him in round 2 or 3 if he's around.

Sutton and Moore are the two best guys from this class imo. Ridley is interesting as wel. I'm not a HUGE fan of Kirk but his style of play would line up with what our FO likes.

I hope they are though, because if we want to build a bully of an OL we still need a RG as Cann should honestly be replaced and Parnell is on the outs in the next couple years. That right side needs a stud, and there's several guys who could be exactly that who should be available at 29.

Honestly, I would not be surprised (and even be happy) if we double dipped with say Hernandez/Ragnow/Williams/Wynn (doubt he's there)  in 1st round then go back and take a falling Orlando Brown or Crosby (although rumors are that he's climbing up) in the 2nd round. That will set up our entire OL pretty much moving forward with Cam/Norwell/Linder on the other side. I mean, if you want to run? That's the line up.

We can still grab an Ian Thomas or a Fumagali in rounds 3-5.

I will say, thinking about it, I think we are for sure going to add a TE. ASJ is really our only 3-down TE. James O and Paul are more a move TE (though I personally am intrigued to see if he can play H-back, I seem to recall he did some of that at Wash), and Koyack is just OK in that he can do a bit of both, but neither all that well.

16 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Honestly, I would not be surprised (and even be happy) if we double dipped with say Hernandez/Ragnow/Williams/Wynn (doubt he's there)  in 1st round then go back and take a falling Orlando Brown or Crosby (although rumors are that he's climbing up) in the 2nd round. That will set up our entire OL pretty much moving forward with Cam/Norwell/Linder on the other side. I mean, if you want to run? That's the line up.

I will say, thinking about it, I think we are for sure going to add a TE. ASJ is really our only 3-down TE. James O and Paul are more a move TE (though I personally am intrigued to see if he can play H-back, I seem to recall he did some of that at Wash), and Koyack is just OK in that he can do a bit of both, but neither all that well.

Agreed. Crosby is a favorite of mine but I think he goes after 29 and well before our 2nd. There has been some buzz about him climbing into the end of the 1st so who knows.

I think he's going to be very good down the line.

8 hours ago, Speedyg said:

I'd be perfectly fine going OL/OL back to back. I think everyone knows we want to run the ball. And while predictability isn't good, sometimes saying "we're going run it down your throat, try and stop it" is the kind of attitude we want

37 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd be perfectly fine going OL/OL back to back. I think everyone knows we want to run the ball. And while predictability isn't good, sometimes saying "we're going run it down your throat, try and stop it" is the kind of attitude we want

I think it's a perfect match of mindset and "need". Cann is on the last year of his deal and Parnell is getting old (though 4M is actually quite ok for his performance give on how salary has been going up), so having two guys on rookie deal helps offset the high salary of Norwell and linder

At this point I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't OL in the 1st. There are quite a few guys who should available around that range that I'd be happy with. Hernandez, Williams, Wynn, Ragnow(not sure he gets past CIN or CAR). Crosby seems a little rich at 29, but I wouldn't hate it.

39 minutes ago, VLoo said:

At this point I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't OL in the 1st. There are quite a few guys who should available around that range that I'd be happy with. Hernandez, Williams, Wynn, Ragnow(not sure he gets past CIN or CAR). Crosby seems a little rich at 29, but I wouldn't hate it.

take a few minutes and watch Billy Price. hes right up there with ragnow. 

15 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed. Crosby is a favorite of mine but I think he goes after 29 and well before our 2nd. There has been some buzz about him climbing into the end of the 1st so who knows.

I think he's going to be very good down the line.

I don't mind Crosby either.  Not quite 29th pick high on him; i think there are likely to be at least a few other OLinemen i like more who will be available there instead.  I think "ideally" it'd probably be with a bit of a trade back, to grab an extra pick to spend, or even just an extra pick for next year or something (where it'd come in really handy in navigating the cap with some big salary decisions upcoming).  But at the same time...if that's really The Guy...you're probably better off just taking him at 29 and making sure you get the one you want.  You get too cute with it and there's a decent chance you end up settling for something else you like less.

Looks like there could be a crazy run on OLine toward the later 1st/early 2nd range.

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

take a few minutes and watch Billy Price. hes right up there with ragnow. 

Yeah.  As long as the pectoral tear thing really isn't going to affect his status come training camp...his play on the field is easily up there for me.

55 minutes ago, VLoo said:

I've become a big Crosby guy as of late.

Archived