2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i hope they go james daniels.

For our sake, I agree. Both of these would be better options for the Jaguars than Daniels with his style of play. I'm not sure how well Price fits the bill as far as our OL goes as Marrone seems to like the freakishly big guys more, but I'd prefer him over Daniels from what I've read/seen.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

For our sakes, I agree. Both of these would be better options for the Jaguars than Daniels with his style of play. I'm not sure how well Price fits the bill as far as our OL goes as Marrone seems to like the freakishly big guys more, but I'd prefer him over Daniels from what I've read/seen.

he was a guard that moved to center his senior year like Elflein.  only knock i really have is his weight which was listed at 305 at the combine but if i recall Cann aint that big either. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

he was a guard that moved to center his senior year like Elflein.  only knock i really have is his weight which was listed at 305 at the combine but if i recall Cann aint that big either. 

Not sure Cann even fits the mold of what we want and he's likely out after this year anyway.

Norwell signed (freakishly big)

Cam Robinson drafted (freakishly big)

Linder extended (6'5+)

Parnell (who Marrone really seems to like a lot and is likely our RT through this year and possibly next year (freakishly big)

I don't know. It's not that I don't think he could be our pick, more so just trying to figure out the most likely options. I just don't feel like someone that isn't probably 6'5 or taller would be our guy at 29. A mid/late round flyer is one thing, but when we have our choice at likely several good options/other higher end talent I feel like we'd probably go more towards certain guys.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure Cann even fits the mold of what we want and he's likely out after this year anyway.

Norwell signed (freakishly big)

Cam Robinson drafted (freakishly big)

Linder extended (6'5+)

Parnell (who Marrone really seems to like a lot and is likely our RT through this year and possibly next year (freakishly big)

I don't know. It's not that I don't think he could be our pick, more so just trying to figure out the most likely options. I just don't feel like someone that isn't probably 6'5 or taller would be our guy at 29. A mid/late round flyer is one thing, but when we have our choice at likely several good options/other higher end talent I feel like we'd probably go more towards certain guys.

6036 isnt exactly 6 foot 4 but 6 foot 4 isnt a bad height for an interior guy. 

worse case we probably draft Braden Smith Aubrun. 6 foot 6 315. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

See I disagree with this on Hurst. He is damn good all around. He doesn't have an elite trait that sticks out, but he does everything so well that he should be a good all around TE. Is he Gronk/guy who you build an offense around? Nah. But he should be a very good weapon for Blake and an asset in the run game. He also has the athletic ability (SC did it some) to be moved all around and isn't just the traditional inline TE if you want to get creative.

Not my favorite option , but I'd be happy with Hurst for sure. There should be good OL in Rd 2 for us too. I'd prefer OL/TE  than TE/OL, but it wouldn't be the end of the world for me.

I guess we just don't see eye to eye on Hurst.  To me, he's mostly just "okay" all around...and i don't see a lot of room to grow a lot from there, as a 25 year old man who has already spent time in a professional sports organization.  He's not a finished product either, in that he's got rough edges to smooth out as a route runner and a blocker...but he seems to be getting a "he's not particularly bad at anything" sort of boost.  Which i don't really care for.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

These interior OL may go a lot sooner than we all think.

This is the biggest thing about Hurst at 29 though, and what you're probably giving up to get him over other TEs.  When you're saying above, "there should be good OL in Round 2 for us too"...i'm not so sure.  I don't think i'm part of what "we all" think in this.  I'm expecting them to go high, based on the quality of players available mixed with the shortage of quality OL around the league (reflected in the prices paid in FA).  What team out there isn't looking to shore up their OLine?

I think once these top OL guys start to go, there could be a big run on them.  We're picking Late Round 2 this year, so we're not going to have that ability to sit there and cherry pick a guy that just slips out of the 1st like Cam last year.  Good chance if we wait until late Round 2 on OL, we're going to be staring at a talent drop-off.

I feel happier about the possibility of a TE i like at least as much as Hurst being there at the end of round 2, than i do about any of these top OL guys being around still.  Even an absolute worst case scenario where all of Goedert/Thomas/Andrews/Herndon/Hurst (and Gesicki) are gone by our 2nd, i wouldn't be all that down if we ended up having to "settle" for a "second tier" guy like Conklin, Schultz, or even Smythe as our potential #2 TE in 3 or 4.

That's why, even if you're probably a lot higher on Hurst than i am...i'm still not sure the likely tradeoff is really worth it.

49 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

34 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

FWIW Hernandez who everyone seems to like doesnt fit the ball with his height either. 

Yeah.  I think Daniels is probably the only one of the names mostly being tossed around that really doesn't fit this sort of offense + what our staff seem to prefer in their OLinemen.

Price might not be ideally tall, but he's got plenty of grunt at the point of attack...and he's not exactly a runt.  Same as Hernandez even, who is actually fairly short (as is Wynn - tho he's got those vine arms at least).

My top 8 for tomorrow night:

1) Will Hernandez

2) Connor Williams

3) Frank Ragnow

4) Isaiah Wynn

5) Hayden Hurst

6) Tyrell Crosby

7) Rashaan Evans

8) Dallas Goedert

There's a few guys that I assume will be gone at 29, but this could be altered if a guy or two fall that I like.

26 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

My top 8 for tomorrow night:

1) Will Hernandez

2) Connor Williams

3) Frank Ragnow

4) Isaiah Wynn

5) Hayden Hurst

6) Tyrell Crosby

7) Rashaan Evans

8) Dallas Goedert

There's a few guys that I assume will be gone at 29, but this could be altered if a guy or two fall that I like.

You like Hurst over Goedert now?

Archived