2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

23 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean...if our DLine cleanse involves arguably our best player, and 3/4ths of our starting front...we're gonna need more than a Greene to restock that cupboard.

I think that's more the sort of thing you worry about when you get there though.  Especially considering how stacked next year looks in high-end DLine talent.  I wouldn't be opposed to spending a pick on the DLine by any means, even on a pure edge guy...if nothing else, just for added depth and injury insurance.  But i'm not sure how much of a "head start" you can realistically get on replacing the strongest element of your team.  In the same way i wouldn't exactly count on Smoot to take over either.

looks can be pretty decieving. this years QB class was thought to be full of franchise guys and they all got flaws. 

37 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

looks can be pretty decieving. this years QB class was thought to be full of franchise guys and they all got flaws. 

I mean, sure...but there are still going to be 5 first round QBs out of the deal, and probably a few more on Day 2.

48 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

thought this was insteresting but Dorian Daniels from Clemson was reportedly their starting sam LBer

Sort of.  But he's basically a nickel-SAM LB/SS hybrid "moneybacker" type, a la Deone Buchannon, Mark Barron et al.  I'm not sure that's really what our staff are looking to do.  I mean it's possible, especially in some situations/vs some teams...but i get the impression that especially with Telvin+Jack who aren't coming off the field already, they'd lean toward a more traditional SAM backer, and just rolling a true NB out there most of the time.

O'Daniels is an interesting player though, if kind of a specialized fit.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It's close, I've been watching quite a bit of Hurst over the last week or so with all the smoke around him and us. It's kind of picking between a guy you know is a likely sure thing of being a good all-around TE (I know you don't feel this way) and a guy who has a big ceiling and has some traits that you can dream about, but obviously quite a bit more risk involved (especially as a blocker from what I've seen imo).

They're pretty neck and neck for me tbh. Just all about preference. With where we are as a franchise and what Coughlin/Marrone likely are looking for in a TE, I just feel like Hurst fits the scheme/bill more as what we want. Due to that, he gets the edge for me.

Hurst reminds me a bit of Heath Miller. He's not gonna be a Gates/Gronk type, but he can block for you and be a chains mover. I don't think he reaches the ultimate best years of Miller, but I think he can be like Miller's average years.

50 to 60 catches, 600 to maybe 700 yards, 5 to 8 tds

Archived