2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

18 minutes ago, Its A Sabotage said:

you dont like short small white guys with bad arms and no ability to read a defense? sounds like a short blake bortles 

Sounds like a short Blake if you took away his arm strength, velocity, and his ability to extend plays while still having a focus on passing.

Just now, Its A Sabotage said:

tbf coming out blake didn't have the strongest of arms

He had adequate velocity to hit all routes though. It wasn’t high tier, but he could make every throw. The idea of Colt McCoy or Manziel velocity though? Good luck ever hitting ARob on a throw to the sideline.

5 hours ago, Its A Sabotage said:

you dont like short small white guys with bad arms and no ability to read a defense? sounds like a short blake bortles 

Yeah.  Mayfield seems like basically what would happen if you stuck Bortles in a dryer for too long.

6 hours ago, Jags said:

I know QB is the real talk right about now, but Derwin James is looking good (with a few flaws). Outside of 2 bad tackle attempts, he looked good. Flying around the field and lining up just about everywhere. He is fast!

Bad tackle attempts are bad.

Also, spending a premium pick on a Safety when we're almost certain to have glaring needs at premium positions like QB, Edge, OLine in particular, would irk me i think.

On 9/5/2017 at 8:35 AM, Its A Sabotage said:

so youd rather take an undrafted guy in mayfield over lamar because rg3 had a knee injury and career ended by a dumb coach playing him on a bad field after already hurt? get out of here

mayfield isnt an undrafted guy. hes probably a 3rd to 5th round guy whos probably a colt McCoy, decent starter/Great Backup).  look at the starting QBs in the league. how many of them weight like 205 which he weighs in at. hes Small.  

rg3 also wasnt a great passer as he showed that when they started to try to keep him from getting hurt. 

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

mayfield isnt an undrafted guy. hes probably a 3rd to 5th round guy whos probably a colt McCoy, decent starter/Great Backup).  look at the starting QBs in the league. how many of them weight like 205 which he weighs in at. hes Small.  

rg3 also wasnt a great passer as he showed that when they started to try to keep him from getting hurt. 

baker is 6' and ~210 pounds with an arrest small arm and bad eyes and pocket awareness, he isn't a guy you waste a draft pick on

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's actually kinda fun how quickly this went from a hyped to high heavens earth-shatteringly good QB class...to basically a pick'em of potentially fatally flawed prospects.  Usually that takes a couple weeks at least.  We did it in 1!

Honestly though, you can pick apart pretty much any QB prospect. I still think theres some serious potential in this class. 

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Honestly though, you can pick apart pretty much any QB prospect. I still think theres some serious potential in this class. 

Yeah.  It happens in every class.  I'm just impressed with how quickly it all came unraveled from a class that was billed as changing the landscape of the NFL to...this...in a week.  lol.  As the draft approaches, we'll get the opposite effect again...the big ramp up in hype for certain guys in spite of their glaring flaws, due to QB desperation.

There are still things to like in a bunch of different QB prospects this year though.  Just funny is all.  I still hope we get a good one.  Some flaws can be ironed out or worked around.  These aren't all finished products.  I just hope we don't pick one who doesn't know how to throw the ball with naturally sound mechanics...and try to reinvent them again.  :/

18 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It happens in every class.  I'm just impressed with how quickly it all came unraveled from a class that was billed as changing the landscape of the NFL to...this...in a week.  lol.  As the draft approaches, we'll get the opposite effect again...the big ramp up in hype for certain guys in spite of their glaring flaws, due to QB desperation.

There are still things to like in a bunch of different QB prospects this year though.  Just funny is all.  I still hope we get a good one.  Some flaws can be ironed out or worked around.  These aren't all finished products.  I just hope we don't pick one who doesn't know how to throw the ball with naturally sound mechanics...and try to reinvent them again.  :/

Aka Darnold. 

But yeah, I know what ya mean. I really hope we can finally get a guy that can be our guy for the next 10-12+ yrs and not another Gabbert or Bortles (really dont think he turns it around enough this yr to change the need for a QB).

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Aka Darnold. 

But yeah, I know what ya mean. I really hope we can finally get a guy that can be our guy for the next 10-12+ yrs and not another Gabbert or Bortles (really dont think he turns it around enough this yr to change the need for a QB).

I mean, that Darnold freezeframe is pretty darning, mechanically.  :o

He's hardly the only guy in the class with some mechanical hiccups though.  I mean, even everybody's fav here apparently, Lamar Jackson has some serious lower body mechanics inconsistencies.  Also like Blake.  Getting set up on all kinds of weird and often extremely narrow bases, and just ripping it from the upper body.  Obviously without quite the same elongated arm motion...but still something mechanically that's probably going to require some real programming to correct as a pro if he's going to become a consistently accurate Pro quarterback from the pocket.  It's all still potentially hit or miss stuff, whether a guy is easily going to break those habits under pressure.

Archived