The Refs hate the Cowboys

Matts4313

Before you immediately dismiss, realize that I dont think this is a grand conspiracy. More-so I think its been bad luck + bad refs. Anyone following along last year knows that the Cowboys went like ~10 games without an opponent getting an offensive hold. That was important because we were sending in on average 3 plays a game that should have been called. For those that suck at math, we are talking about ~30ish blatant offensive holds that were missed last year alone; which IIRC was an NFL record. 

But then this came out:

^^ 1 year

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1074738797642948608/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1074738797642948608&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.footballsfuture.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmarcus_mosher%2Fstatus%2F1074738797642948608%3Fs%3D21

^^ 3 year

Would also be nice if you can have a chart which has a distribution of penalties...like how many of these penalties were DPIs, how many were holds etc. That will give you a better understanding of whether it's just being unlucky or is it due to play style.

For example, a certain team might not be throwing much (preferring running more) or might not be taking lot of risks by not throwing downfield much, which might lead to that specific team's opponents not getting lot of DPIs. Or may be a team like Steelers who throw downfield a lot, also tend to have pretty damn good WR duo, which might result in Steelers opponents called for lot more DPIs than the average.

Again, I am not saying that this might be the exact reason, but all I am saying is you need further detailed stats to do proper analysis before you can come to a conclusion regarding whether it's just due to team being not lucky with refs or is it result of playstyle/play calling of that team.

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

we are talking about ~30ish blatant offensive holds that were missed last year alone; which IIRC was an NFL record.

Not gonna say whether this is true or not(I really don't know) but watch a Bears game this year and see how many missed blatant holds on Mack the refs have missed and I'm pretty sure the number is pretty close.

But again, the refs are just terrible in general. Nothing we can do.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a dumb comment.

You should feel bad for saying stupid things. 

Hard to call anyone dumb when you title a thread "The Refs hate the Cowboys".

Don't know if you did it just to click bait or genuinely think that, regardless your point was not proven.

Just because your opponents are the least penalized , you can't infer "The Refs hate the Cowboys". It's a question of logic, and there's no causality.

1 minute ago, bananabucket said:

Also, this is completely contradicted by your title.

Nominated for worst topic of the month.

Just now, kramxel said:

Hard to call anyone dumb when you title a thread "The Refs hate the Cowboys".

Don't know if you did it just to click bate or genuinely think that, regardless your point was not proven.

Just because your opponents are the least penalized , you can't infer "The Refs hate the Cowboys". It's a question of logic, and there's no causality.

The thread title was in jest.

Archived