GDT: Broncos @ Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

39 minutes ago, true2form said:

Glad I don't pay attention to this thread during games anymore. Completely dominated that game from start to finish, but you wouldn't know it by the way you negative Nancy's talk. 🤔

I’m not negative. The gelling Carr has assimilated in Gruden’s system is definitely a good sign going forward. We have money and draft picks. We just have to use them right.

beating any of our division rivals always tastes good

7 hours ago, true2form said:

Glad I don't pay attention to this thread during games anymore. Completely dominated that game from start to finish, but you wouldn't know it by the way you negative Nancy's talk. 🤔

Yeah, was surprised at the responses when reading through it there.

We were so comfortable last night. Carr maybe a little checkdown-happy again, but we won, and that's the way Gruden's offense has always been, so as long as #4 is protecting the ball and getting more comfortable in the system, I couldn't care less. Doug Martin has absolutely earned his right to play for us next season - another strong rushing performance from him with lots of effort.

Screwed the draft order, but that's cool. Beating the Broncos is a fitting send off for the Coliseum if it was indeed the last game there.

Just watched the game, we looked pretty comfortable. Loved Karl Joseph’s game tonight, he was making people pay with his tackling, real tone setter in there. Melvin also played well. Props to Doug Martin who has ran hard ever since he got into the lineup. Jo4y Nelson was a great safety blanket for Carr. 

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, Nation! Hopefully we get some real nice belated gifts in March and April.

A couple edge rushers, a real lb, and receiver are tops on my list. A three down rb, some dbs, and oline help would be nice as well, although our young tackles didn’t look bad.

Enjoy the day with family and friends my brothers in silver and black.

Glad we got the win, honestly as long as we lose next week our draft pick isn’t effected too much. 

Our young guys are playing pretty well on defense lately. So amazing how we went from possibly worst defense in NFL history the first half of the season to actually just a little below average right now. We need a couple edge rushers, a LB, and a safety and we could be... good??...

Carr is looking solid as well lately, I’m a man of fairness and he has absolutely earned his keep as starter for 2019, all 16 games. We need a RB and some receiving talent though, depleted at those positions and I’d rather not keep Marshawn or Martin. Martin has been good for us but still well past his RB prime and probably even worse next year.  

We are not competeing next year but I think 7 wins is doable. It could be like 2015, the transitional playoff year. 

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Our young guys are playing pretty well on defense lately. So amazing how we went from possibly worst defense in NFL history the first half of the season to actually just a little below average right now. We need a couple edge rushers, a LB, and a safety and we could be... good??...

This is how I feel about the defense as well. A lot of credit must go to Guenther, who is clearly the best DC we've had in a long time (probably since Bresnahan the first time around?). A structurally solid defense makes a huge difference, and naturally there have been some games where the lack of talent has hurt us, but generally he's put them in positions which maximize their limited ability as a unit.

There was a noticeable improvement in productivity once we threw the hungry young guys in there instead of the Reggie Nelson, Bruce Irvin and Derrick Johnson type of players. Of course we're still a good 3 or 4 players short of being an actual respectable defense, but there's less of an overhaul needed than we all probably thought in October.

We can always look back fondly on winning our last game in OAK against the Donkeys. Can't be sure to say that about whoever we'll draft next year. I'd be ecstatic if we could ruin the 1st seed for KC next week but I doubt it 

48 minutes ago, Dodo said:

We can always look back fondly on winning our last game in OAK against the Donkeys. Can't be sure to say that about whoever we'll draft next year. I'd be ecstatic if we could ruin the 1st seed for KC next week but I doubt it 

The Raiders will 100 percent best the chiefs.

2 reasons:

1.It’ll drop the Raiders draft spot. 

2. It’ll get the patriots the #1 seed which is a certainty. 

Archived