GDT: Broncos @ Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

26 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don't like Jon Gruden, the person - he has too much power and treats people like dirt. But I think Jon Gruden the head coach is a great fit for this organisation.

Temper this a little. Nobody really knows how he treats. If I've learned anything this season, it's that the media love to paint Gruden in a bad light, so listening to them should be taken with a grain of salt. 

When you sign that contract... you get a target on your back and the twitter fueled hatered flows over. 

That video actually showed me he's a genuine guy who just wants to win in his way. 

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Temper this a little. Nobody really knows how he treats. If I've learned anything this season, it's that the media love to paint Gruden in a bad light, so listening to them should be taken with a grain of salt. 

When you sign that contract... you get a target on your back and the twitter fueled hatered flows over. 

That video actually showed me he's a genuine guy who just wants to win in his way. 

There were videos in the past of him mic'd up at Bucs training camps, talking to Chris Simms like he was worthless. He got someone else to fire Tom Shaw two days before Christmas instead of doing it himself. Even that video from Monday night, with the refs. I'm not saying it's a bad thing in this line of work, but it's pretty undeniable that he's not a nice guy.

I have Twitter, I see all the criticism our franchise faces because of the Gruden hire, and see the media and their desperation for him to fail. That stuff will just make it all the sweeter when we do win again - although they'll all just jump on the bandwagon then anyway. I get your point regarding them painting him (and anything Raiders) in a bad light.

I don't think that can change how I feel about Jon Gruden, though. He obviously does care, still wants to win, and doesn't care how he does it. And that's great - I'm happy that he's our HC again. But he's definitely a piece of work.

Derek Carr's stats thus far this season:

• 19 TD
  • 8 INT
  • 3,864 YARDS
  • 7.4 AVG
  • 68.7 COMP %
  • 96 QBR

For reference: his comp %, avg, and yards are on pace for career highs. Carr hasn't thrown a pick in the past 10 games. All with the o-line taking a major step back, his #1 RB going down to injury early, and arguably the worst/slowest WR corp in the NFL. Gruden has Carr playing extremely well.

I admit I was calling for Carr's head early on but man oh man I hope we keep him for a long time with Gruden.

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Derek Carr's stats thus far this season:

• 19 TD
  • 8 INT
  • 3,864 YARDS
  • 7.4 AVG
  • 68.7 COMP %
  • 96 QBR

For reference: his comp %, avg, and yards are on pace for career highs. Carr hasn't thrown a pick in the past 10 games. All with the o-line taking a major step back, his #1 RB going down to injury early, and arguably the worst/slowest WR corp in the NFL. Gruden has Carr playing extremely well.

I admit I was calling for Carr's head early on but man oh man I hope we keep him for a long time with Gruden.

I spent weeks defending carr. I love this guy. He will take us into the future.

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You’re right we just recently found out that Mark Davis traded Mack and Cooper not Gruden

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I can't stress this enough.  Been trying to say it all season.  The media is upset at him for some reason.  Maybe it's just jealousy over that contract, idk.

For all the hate that has been thrown at him, Davis, the organization, Carr, etc. it's not even close to being justifiable.  Everyone is so quick to point to Mack or Coop balling out on their new teams, but no one stops and thinks what they were or would STILL be doing on the Raiders.  Coop wasn't doing anything for us and Mack(as great as he is) is more of a hindrance to rebuilding this team than helping.  The media and fans that don't understand that are the ones who have the problem.

You can clearly see what a clean slate locker room, players who want to be there and put in the best position can do.  Now all they have to do is improve the overall talent.  Not a simple task, but having the draft and monetary capital to make a good run at it helps.

The media with gruden is a joke. They're determined to see him fail. No one in the media went after downing's head last year. Gruden call plays far better but people ignore that. He's helped carr improve, but that's largely ignored as well. I want to see him find a GM to challenge him. That will make or break our future. If he can land someone with an eye for talent, that will be unbelievable for this team going forward.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The media with gruden is a joke. They're determined to see him fail. No one in the media went after downing's head last year. Gruden call plays far better but people ignore that. He's helped carr improve, but that's largely ignored as well. I want to see him find a GM to challenge him. That will make or break our future. If he can land someone with an eye for talent, that will be unbelievable for this team going forward.

Lol do you understand how dysfunctional that sentence sounds? It usually works the other way around. Whoever Gruden "finds" will likely be nothing more than a figurehead yes man, who can take some of the blame off Gruden when he makes dumb decisions. And I'm pretty sure Greg Knapp could call better plays than Downing, so not sure why you think it's such an accomplishment that Gruden is better.

And Gruden does it to himself with the media. The guy talks way too much and inevitably ends up with his foot in his mouth. He makes himself an easy target. He has came off as a person who isnt truthful and slimy.

Archived