Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
J-ALL-DAY

Week 16 GDT: Chicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It was just highly unlikely we would get the ball back two times with the way the game was going. Bears were milking the clock on every possession as Saleh was content on just playing soft zones and giving them nothing over the top. To be fair, Saleh led defense allowed only 14 points today, 23 last week and 14 the week prior vs Denver. The defense has been playing some damn good disciplined ball, that's all we can ask for. But he should have still adjusted some and blitzed more. And he did start doing that later in the game. To no one's surprise, it actually worked! But Moore did allow some receptions late. Made up for it with the FF, but he has a lot to work on. Has some potential for sure, but just not sure if he can flip his hips well enough and change direction to truly be a starter in this league. 

Moore's change-of-direction is the least of my concerns. I think he's short-area quickness is just fine. There's definitely technical flaws and holes in his game that he needs to work on. But that will come from game reps and seeing what he puts on film and correcting it. But I think he's shown well these past 2 games. I definitely see potential there. Him and Julian Taylor I think have really flashed and put some good things on film to build off of during the off-season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Moore's change-of-direction is the least of my concerns. I think he's short-area quickness is just fine. There's definitely technical flaws and holes in his game that he needs to work on. But that will come from game reps and seeing what he puts on film and correcting it. But I think he's shown well these past 2 games. I definitely see potential there. Him and Julian Taylor I think have really flashed and put some good things on film to build off of during the off-season. 

Oh, his change of direction should absolutely be a concern for you. Once a WR puts two different moves on him on a route, it is over. He really struggles defending comeback routes as evident during the TC one on one routes. But how can he mitigate that flaw on his game? Definitely improve his technique and play more press man coverage. But even his press technique needs a lot of work. That's expected though as he is working through a positional switch. 

But if he improves his press technique, then he will be able to control WRs better and defend the comeback routes better. Work in progress for sure, but already doing some good things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, N4L said:

(Also the let's go ****-**** chant sounds really dumb when your team has one syllable. Let's go bayerz? Bay-erz? DUMB)

They should just go with "Let's go da Bears" clap clap clap clap clap. Bayerz is stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, his change of direction should absolutely be a concern for you. Once a WR puts two different moves on him on a route, it is over. He really struggles defending comeback routes as evident during the TC one on one routes. But how can he mitigate that flaw on his game? Definitely improve his technique and play more press man coverage. But even his press technique needs a lot of work. That's expected though as he is working through a positional switch. 

But if he improves his press technique, then he will be able to control WRs better and defend the comeback routes better. Work in progress for sure, but already doing some good things. 

His own teammate(Sherman) had some of the worst short-area quickness I'd ever seen from a CB. But he overcame that by being a technician and knowing how to cut corners, through film studying and being extremely physical at the LOS. Sure Moore may not be ideal in that area but he has more than enough to make him highly effective in this scheme. What concerns me most about his play is his lack of physicality and agressiveness, especially in press. Being a former safety, I thought that wouldn't be a problem. But maybe the position change has him reacting more than being the agressor in press. That's really my one concern with his game at this point. Everything else I feel will improve with time and experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

His own teammate(Sherman) had some of the worst short-area quickness I'd ever seen from a CB. But he overcame that by being a technician and knowing how to cut corners, through film studying and being extremely physical at the LOS. Sure Moore may not be ideal in that area but he has more than enough to make him highly effective in this scheme. What concerns me most about his play is his lack of physicality and agressiveness, especially in press. Being a former safety, I thought that wouldn't be a problem. But maybe the position change has him reacting more than being the agressor in press. That's really my one concern with his game at this point. Everything else I feel will improve with time and experience.

Sherman is on a completely different level in terms of technique though, and he's still able to anticipate routes MUCH better than Moore. The level of IQ Sherman has can't just be taught either, there is a reason why he has stayed at the top of his game for so long despite losing some of his athleticism. But again, the best thing the coaching staff can do is have him play as much press man as possible. Let him work on his technique all offseason and put him in the best position to succeed. Look at how Seattle used to use Browner. They knew he had his flaws but he was still a beast at bump n run and that saved him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×