Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Earlier you said you were done with this topic. You have proven yourself to be a liar now.

or

Did you just change your mind or have something to add...

See how that works.

Sorry bud but you brought me back into by saying I remind you of your crazy ex girlfriend.

"Yeah, you are done with this topic. You remind me of a crazy ex girlfriend over analazing txts and second hand convos and making up scenarios in your head. Just driving your self crazy while everyone around you laughs."

Yes we will not ever get to the truth of this issue without someone saying this is what happened and even then you will still probably defend the staff.  Plenty of people have come out and said Gruden is not the most honest person so I will believe what I want and you can do the same.  If you have no further insults you can have the last word about this subject.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Same could be said for re signing Jalen Richard.  Do you think Jacobs will have 60 rec and Richard with another 60?  Signing Cook mitigates risk and allows for a smooth transition to a player like Waller.  I also think Cook is a better and cheaper weapon than Williams.  Could have signed for possibly half what Williams got.  But overall we where not in a position where we had to choose between the 2.  Could have easily had everyone signed.  Could even run double TE sets with AB, Jacobs, and Williams still on the field.  Overall there was very little reason to let Cook walk.  The extra money for Cook would have been worth it.  This is my opinion and I could be wrong.  I believe we are dominant if we resign Cook and still good if one of out targets gets hurt.  Now we can still be good if everyone does what they are suppose to but if we have an injury or two we are going to have a year that will be slightly better than last year.  That is only because of the O line.

I know Cook wouldn't have 60 rec and wouldn't pay 8M for 30 catches at the position, when the offense is going to be more WR focused. They resigned Richard because he's a cheap back up who also can return kicks.

55 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I know Cook wouldn't have 60 rec and wouldn't pay 8M for 30 catches at the position, when the offense is going to be more WR focused. They resigned Richard because he's a cheap back up who also can return kicks.

He is the 22nd highest paid RB.  I know it is only $3 million but Jacobs is a 1st round RB and should be a 3 down back.  For Richard to justify his contract amount he would have to play a substantial role and take away from Jacobs touches.  I am fine with paying Richard what he got but it is the same reasoning that I would use with Waller and Cook.  There is even more of a reason to ease Waller into a bigger role than Jacobs.  I believe we could have signed Cook for $5.5-6 million if we tried to sign him before FA.  I would happily cut Carrier and pay an extra $4 million to have Cook back.  The only way I would not have signed Cook is if what I said in the beginning of all of this that Cook was acting as a security blanket for Carr and stopping Carr from opening up the offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Sorry bud but you brought me back into by saying I remind you of your crazy ex girlfriend.

"Yeah, you are done with this topic. You remind me of a crazy ex girlfriend over analazing txts and second hand convos and making up scenarios in your head. Just driving your self crazy while everyone around you laughs."

Yes we will not ever get to the truth of this issue without someone saying this is what happened and even then you will still probably defend the staff.  Plenty of people have come out and said Gruden is not the most honest person so I will believe what I want and you can do the same.  If you have no further insults you can have the last word about this subject.

tenor.gif

On 6/5/2019 at 9:39 PM, Blazer026 said:

Trying to figure out which game I'm going to go to. I'll be flying there.

Where do you guys recommend staying? I've heard everything from Hayward, Fremont, Newark, San Fran. 

Any other opinions?

I lived in SF for 6 years and in the greater bay area for 23. Still own a home in Hayward although i live in Houston now. 

I would stay in SF if you can afford it. Definitely don't go cheap on a hotel room. The nice hotels are nice the cheap hotels are scary for lack of a better word. 

Definitely take Bart to the game no matter where you end up staying. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

kinda annoying we still have 29m in cap space and we didn't bring in better edge rushers.... Ferrell is fine but will be a rookie, and everyone else beyond average with potential... 

After the draft who would the Raiders have brought in? Ansah? There isn’t exactly a great pass rusher. Either way i don’t think pass rushers are all that important in the scheme. Look at the defenses that Cincinnati had, they relied on more of a rush up the middle which is what it looks like the emphasis is on this team as well. 

We can save it for next but I do think if there was someone to get we should try to build this team as quickly as possible.  A lot of our FA signings this year only 2 yr deals and Carr if he ends up being the franchise QB we all want him to be he is only signed for the next 2 years before he will want to renegotiate.  His workout bonuses are pretty small so we do not have much leverage after his guaranteed money this year is gone.