Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

It just feels like we've been super banged up the last few years

1 hour ago, true2form said:

There were multiple complaints about our last strength and conditioning coach and he ended up being let go.  Maybe a correlation there.

I agree that Tom Shaw was either not able to properly implement a good system for whatever reason or was out of his depth last year but I don't think it was an issue before his hire and I also don't think his hire would have stopped guys from playing through injuries. Just a part of being in the NFL.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

As much as I love Renfrow, the 3rd WR spot is in a weird place. Grant is reliable and is a decent WR who's not spectacular at anything. JJ Nelson has ridiculous speed, but not much else. Renfrow is super shifty, but lacks HWS. I'm not sure who will emerge. I'm thinking we draft a WR early in next years loaded class.

I think the third WR is gonna come down to who can play in the slot obviously, but also play outside when they kick Brown or Williams to the slot. I question if Renfrow has the ability to play outside which could hurt his playing time and is why I think Grant will get the majority of the playing time if he stays healthy. 

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as I love Renfrow, the 3rd WR spot is in a weird place. Grant is reliable and is a decent WR who's not spectacular at anything. JJ Nelson has ridiculous speed, but not much else. Renfrow is super shifty, but lacks HWS. I'm not sure who will emerge. I'm thinking we draft a WR early in next years loaded class.

Really... Really?!?!?!? I swear some of you dont think with your brain. Traded for AB and signed him to a big extension hes 31 he has 4 year minimum being a top tier WR. Signed Tyrell Williams to a top #2 WR contract and is 26. We Drafted Renefrow.

I don't know what early is but we wont be picking one in the first. We dont have a second and we aren't picking one in the third unless someome we love free falls. 

People had raiders targetting WR this year early and i laughed at them. We are set at WR for the next 3 years at least. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Really... Really?!?!?!? I swear some of you dont think with your brain. Traded for AB and signed him to a big extension hes 31 he has 4 year minimum being a top tier WR. Signed Tyrell Williams to a top #2 WR contract and is 26. We Drafted Renefrow.

I don't know what early is but we wont be picking one in the first. We dont have a second and we aren't picking one in the third unless someome we love free falls. 

People had raiders targetting WR this year early and i laughed at them. We are set at WR for the next 3 years at least. 

You'd be surprised. Next year is a historic WR class loaded with future #1 receivers based on my own evaluation.

As much as I like our offseason additions, AB will be 32 next year, Williams is still inconsistent over his career and has a deal that isn't guaranteed beyond 1 year, and Renfrow/Grant/Nelson are still question marks/unproven at this point. Renfrow was a 5th round pick. Not exactly a prolific investment.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us take CeeDee Lamb or Laviska Shenault if we have a pick in the teens. The draft isn't all about need. It's also about the future.