Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

One other thing is that they Raiders haven’t lost to teams they should beat. I feel like in years past they would lose to teams like the Broncos or Bears. They always seem ready to play. The only flat game they had was against the Vikings who have been a pretty good team this year. 

The next step is to see how they respond now that they're in position to potentially make the playoffs. There are so many young guys playing major snaps. This team lacks experience in those pressure situations, at least at this level. And rookies are known for having a hard time going through a full 16 game schedule. A guy like Jacobs could hit the rookie wall at some point and we really can't afford that. Fingers crossed that none of that becomes a factor.

22 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

One other thing is that they Raiders haven’t lost to teams they should beat. I feel like in years past they would lose to teams like the Broncos or Bears. They always seem ready to play. The only flat game they had was against the Vikings who have been a pretty good team this year. 

KC game was brutal because Abram got hurt and Riley was destroyed the entire 2nd quarter. Eric Harris has been at least steady back there now.

Minn game really turned on some penalties that kept scoring drives alive for the Vikings.

Those 2 games, the offense didn't have any rhythm going yet whatsoever. They've found it since.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

KC game was brutal because Abram got hurt and Riley was destroyed the entire 2nd quarter. Eric Harris has been at least steady back there now.

Minn game really turned on some penalties that kept scoring drives alive for the Vikings.

Those 2 games, the offense didn't have any rhythm going yet whatsoever. They've found it since.

Not to mention the Vikings have a good defense and we fell behind early since Cook cooked us. We are currently built to play with a lead offensively. Maybe out of necessity after Antonio Clown did his thing. Add a explosive WR like that and if Carr isn’t having an off day, we could hang with a lot of teams

32 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Not to mention the Vikings have a good defense and we fell behind early since Cook cooked us. We are currently built to play with a lead offensively. Maybe out of necessity after Antonio Clown did his thing. Add a explosive WR like that and if Carr isn’t having an off day, we could hang with a lot of teams

Add a Z to the offense and it should really take off. Offense is there now just need to build up the defense. 

I look at the Steelers who drafted a stud MLB and made the trade for Fitzpatrick and their defense has went from one of the worst last season to one of the better defenses in the league. It can happen fast.

• Like 1

Amazing how bad Curtis Riley is and how important the FS position is. He opened the floodgates against KC and was really bad against Minnesota. 

If we keep Joyner, we need to move him to FS even in Nickel packages. He’s been a Bottom 5 Nickel Corner this year easily. Dude can’t cover man to man to save his life. However, as a FS, he’s good. Not great, nothing spectacular, but good. Joyner, Abram, with Harris rotating in wouldn’t be a bad safety lineup. I’d like to try Joseph/Abram as the starters but who knows if we keep Joseph or not. 

Can’t wait to have Abram back. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Amazing how bad Curtis Riley is and how important the FS position is. He opened the floodgates against KC and was really bad against Minnesota. 

If we keep Joyner, we need to move him to FS even in Nickel packages. He’s been a Bottom 5 Nickel Corner this year easily. Dude can’t cover man to man to save his life. However, as a FS, he’s good. Not great, nothing spectacular, but good. Joyner, Abram, with Harris rotating in wouldn’t be a bad safety lineup. I’d like to try Joseph/Abram as the starters but who knows if we keep Joseph or not. 

Can’t wait to have Abram back. 

I wonder if they plan on moving him to FS. I think it’s worth a look. Although I think he’d be paid in the top 5 at safety if I’m not mistaken. If they don’t plan on shifting him to FS, then I’d just cut him. He leaves a lot to be desired as a nickel CB. 

• Like 1

Joyner is 13 mil. Not keeping him unless he restructures. 13 is TOP S money and he's a FS playing bad nickel corner. Move on and use that cap elsewhere. Could get Joseph on a 1 year post injury deal for half that I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

Joyner is 13 mil. Not keeping him unless he restructures. 13 is TOP S money and he's a FS playing bad nickel corner. Move on and use that cap elsewhere. Could get Joseph on a 1 year post injury deal for half that I think. 

Can we get out of Joyners contract in the off season? Seems like a no brainer if we can. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Can we get out of Joyners contract in the off season? Seems like a no brainer if we can. 

I do not think so.  He has an $8 million roster bonus that is guaranteed for 2020.  If we cut him we would save less than $5 million.  It was the one deal I really did not like this off-season.  Safeties were getting money thrown at them this off-season though.  I hope he starts playing better that way we could sign Joseph to stay at safety.  Then we can cut Joyner in 2021.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Sportrac or whatever that site is says it’s basically 1 year 9 mil. He has 4.6 mil base and 8 mil roster, no dead cap for 2020. Maybe that site is wrong but that’s what I’ve been going off of for contracts 

Edited by G

PFF has us taking AJ Epenesa at 10 with the Bears pick and Laviska the WR from Colorado at 16. 

Change Laviska to Ruggs and I’m on board with this 100%. Although if Maxx and Ferrell keep playing well and keep improving (bigggg if) then I’d rather use 10 on Grant Delpit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

How likely is it that EDGE isn’t going to be considered in the 1st round for us? This would be contingent on Salt and Pepper continuing to show well, of course. 

I don't think it's considered at all (unless Young is available). If we take a DL, it's a DT.