Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Bringing up Fresno State vs USC shows your bias. A mid major team versus a powerhouse with all Americans. 

J Cole fan hmmm???? Here’s a bar 

DC HAD NO WEAPONS/  Can’t get TDS without AB/

should be able to under stand that. This year Carr has actually weapons! Raiders have rebuilt the  roster in the last two years , so of course we been losing to KC. 

It’s not even worth engaging with some people.  
Talking or debating with Carr haters, and I’m not talking about people critical of Carr as it’s good to be critical, is like debating policy with far leftist SJWs when your a normal, intelligent, centrist.... facts don’t matter... they don’t care about facts... their hell bent on burning it all down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I hope we use Bowden in the slot, as well as at RB.  I really feel just using him as a RB is wasting part of his talents. 

hypothetically......
Start him out at RB, in a 2 back set with Jacobs, and send him in motion (which can identify if it’s zone or man coverage) and have him set at either the slot our out wide.

If it’s man coverage.... won’t the LB (I assume a LB would be assigned to him) have to flex out wide or to the slot?  I doubt the defense can re-correct in time and shift the responsibility to the S.  Now you can run Jacobs up the middle (yes the LBs and Ss will shift a bit to cover all the gaps... but you’ve created an advantage for the offense) or throw the ball to Bowden vs a LB .... you can try catching a LB deep or run a short/intermediate route And hope Bowden can shake him and get YaC.

Maybe I’m missing something but that’s a very tough assignment for the defense.  Eventually they’ll start running zone and use a safety on him in those 2 back sets.... but then you just run up zone busting play calls.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I hope we use Bowden in the slot, as well as at RB.  I really feel just using him as a RB is wasting part of his talents. 

hypothetically......
Start him out at RB, in a 2 back set with Jacobs, and send him in motion (which can identify if it’s zone or man coverage) and have him set at either the slot our out wide.

If it’s man coverage.... won’t the LB (I assume a LB would be assigned to him) have to flex out wide or to the slot?  I doubt the defense can re-correct in time and shift the responsibility to the S.  Now you can run Jacobs up the middle (yes the LBs and Ss will shift a bit to cover all the gaps... but you’ve created an advantage for the offense) or throw the ball to Bowden vs a LB .... you can try catching a LB deep or run a short/intermediate route And hope Bowden can shake him and get YaC.

Maybe I’m missing something but that’s a very tough assignment for the defense.  Eventually they’ll start running zone and use a safety on him in those 2 back sets.... but then you just run up zone busting play calls.

We have a ton of options talent all over the offense.  If we can not gt it done this year we need to reevaluate the coaches and Carr.  The theme this year should be "No Excuses". 

• Like 5

Advanced issues found

🤓
On 7/2/2020 at 9:10 PM, jimkelly02 said:

hypothetically......

This is how I suggested he be used after he was drafted. While doing this you have to prove that you're willing to give him the ball out of the backfield to make the defense respect him as a runner. I think majority of the time you would see an extra CB on the field instead of a LB. Don't see many teams throwing out 3 LBs on the field unless its a goal-line situation.Doing this would also mean that you have to leave Renfrow or Waller off the field. Most likely Renfrow and already have Waller lined up in the slot. Bowden gives them a lot of flexibility cant wait to see how Gruden gets everyone involved. 

• Like 1

Yeah you’d have to actually run out of the 2 back set to keep them honest....

fuctionally it may be hard for defenses to keep CB instead of a LB out there... I imagine we’d try and run plays like that at times we can keep the defense from substituting.... ie first down they have 3 LBs (Bowden is in the game as a slot WR) and we no huddle to keep them from being able to swap a LB for a CB.

If we can get Bowden to be effective early it will force teams to keep more DBs over LBs on the field.... and that will really help our run game.

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Random thought I wonder what happened to some of the old super vet posters? Guys that were here before my old arsse 

I remember this old poster from Oakland who was a cop and used to tell me old Darrell Russell stories

I miss Crappy and his overly positive 16-0 sorry 19-0. I’ve seen myself get jaded over time (2007 I think) but we tend to see/get more of what we FOCUS on. Hence why I cut cable 1.5 years ago. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Random thought I wonder what happened to some of the old super vet posters? Guys that were here before my old arsse 

I remember this old poster from Oakland who was a cop and used to tell me old Darrell Russell stories

Arguing about raider football while losing gets old. I think once you find other things to do with your free time you fade away a little. Especially is you a person doing this from a computer. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What was the cliff notes version of those stories, sounds very interesting.

sad what happened to DRuss during his career and then his passing.

In his second year, at only 22yo, he was on pace for a HoF career.

If there was one player we could time warp to be on this years team he’d be on the short list.  Having a dominate iDL like DRuss is exactly what this team is missing.

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Arguing about raider football while losing gets old. I think once you find other things to do with your free time you fade away a little. Especially is you a person doing this from a computer. 

I can honestly say I’ve been slipping away the past few years with football. For me all the rule changes that protects QBs and makes it feel like it’s going flag football fantasy in a few years. I miss the hits and the sport just feels like entertainment. I think it would be easy to stop watching Sunday. Already gave up Thursday and Monday night games. Winning cures everything but would piss me off if we’re 6-0 only undefeated team and the season is then cancelled. Lol 

• Like 1