Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

54 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Considering his immediate response to being called out for homophobic leaning comments was to tell a straight guy he could "come out of the closet too"...

Yes, really. Would you expect anything more? Lol

You want me to just sit here and take your insults (which I never insulted you) without standing up for myself. Naw buddy if you can dish it out you better be ready receive it. Don’t cry victim now. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

So I wrote a huge post backing Cough giving examples from my own life but never posted it because it's such a heated topic. However I can no longer keep my mouth shut when I hear nonsense like 'phobic'; being thrown around. I see both sides of this, I really do and honestly...I hope ritchie talks to Nassib and says I like to give people 'ish' and think it brings out the 'animal' in competition. I wanted to ask if you're cool with me dishing it out and you throw it right back. So not only does it bring it out into the open, it also makes it 'no big deal on the field' If you're uncomfortable at any point we will use a word and I'll stop immediately, but wouldn't it be fun to 'fudge with the media and them micing it?!?

You don't get over 'ish' tip toeing and IGNORING that it might make some uncomfortable. So be out in the open about it and make it the 'norm' so coming out isn't a big deal. SOLUTIONS not 'problems' should be the focus.

1 hour ago, G said:

So I wrote a huge post backing Cough giving examples from my own life but never posted it because it's such a heated topic. However I can no longer keep my mouth shut when I hear nonsense like 'phobic'; being thrown around. I see both sides of this, I really do and honestly...I hope ritchie talks to Nassib and says I like to give people 'ish' and think it brings out the 'animal' in competition. I wanted to ask if you're cool with me dishing it out and you throw it right back. So not only does it bring it out into the open, it also makes it 'no big deal on the field' If you're uncomfortable at any point we will use a word and I'll stop immediately, but wouldn't it be fun to 'fudge with the media and them micing it?!?

You don't get over 'ish' tip toeing and IGNORING that it might make some uncomfortable. So be out in the open about it and make it the 'norm' so coming out isn't a big deal. SOLUTIONS not 'problems' should be the focus.

I honestly tried to be as politically correct as possible to not offend cause I know it’s a sensitive topic didn’t expect to be attacked tho. 

I was talking to one of my hs coach buddies today and he actually experienced having a football player “come out”. The player talked to the coach before and the coach said he supports him 100% but he can’t tell the other players how to react or act. This kid was actually a very good db. He said first few weeks were rough (jokes, isolation etc etc) but the kid stuck it out. Then the pads came on. Once the kid reminded everyone how much of a stud he was it was done deal. His performance on the field spoke volumes compared to his preference. Even got to the point where teammates defended him in public after the season was over. Fwiw 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Very true I apologize for that there is a difference. 

No need to apologize brother.... I just feel there’s a difference between the two things.  You can’t really not support drug treatment / sobriety but you can choose not to support LGBT stuff albeit not be anti LGBT.

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You want me to just sit here and take your insults (which I never insulted you) without standing up for myself. Naw buddy if you can dish it out you better be ready receive it. Don’t cry victim now. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏

I don’t see anything wrong with what you said.  Keep doing you bro... it someone’s gonna cry over nothing don’t give it any mind.

Honestly I think coming out in today’s age and culture isn’t really the heroic act it’s been made out to be.

the alphabet community has been able to cancel anyone who isn’t supportive and everyone’s fearful of being cancelled for even a misunderstanding.  ESPN and other news agencies have paraded tons of former players up there to repeat talking points and praise Nassib.  I’m sorry but I don’t believe over 50% of these former players actually believe what their saying.  These guys are from a different time.  They wouldn’t accept a gay player (unless he was a star player) on their team.  But if they want that nice pay check they gotta get up on TV and praise Nassib.

personally im Glad he feels secure enough to come out.  No one should be made to feel Uncomfortable to be them and have people know who they are.  You should never make fun of someone for how they were born or what’s outside of their control.

I’m sure all the players will fall in line... some by choice but the majority of players would rather have a don’t ask don’t tell policy but because of cancel culture have to act all proud of Nassib.  I’m sure on an individual level most players on the team would genuinely support Nassib, but overall they just want to play football and not have the LBGT movement in the locker room.

i Hope the team will support Carl as a human being and teammate.... but also that this whole dies off fast because the season is upon us and we don’t need any Alphabet Propoganda’ists.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I honestly tried to be as politically correct as possible to not offend cause I know it’s a sensitive topic didn’t expect to be attacked tho. 

I was talking to one of my hs coach buddies today and he actually experienced having a football player “come out”. The player talked to the coach before and the coach said he supports him 100% but he can’t tell the other players how to react or act. This kid was actually a very good db. He said first few weeks were rough (jokes, isolation etc etc) but the kid stuck it out. Then the pads came on. Once the kid reminded everyone how much of a stud he was it was done deal. His performance on the field spoke volumes compared to his preference. Even got to the point where teammates defended him in public after the season was over. Fwiw 

I understand this 100%, but Nassib is dealing with a much broader audience, even outside the Raiders locker room. And, honestly I rather not deal with this type of distraction on my own team. Not because I’m phobic but because my bottom line here is W’s, so I’m usually against anything that may negatively affect that. However, looking at it unselfishly, and in broader terms, I see how big an impact this will have for the next generation of not only athletes but kids living their true lives without fear. I’m sure there’s been plenty of ex Raiders and players around the league in the closet that fans across the country rooted for just like any other player. Now that some will come out I’m sure that may change a bit, but I will be celebrating a big play by Nassib the same way I’ll celebrate any other player from my favorite team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Or just leave the helmet the hell alone. Don’t screw with the best uniforms in all of sports. I mean it’s the only thing the Raiders get right.

I can totally agree that the history and tradition and NOT changing uniforms makes it unique in a really good way for the Raiders - I just find the newer Pats, Buccs, Seahawks and a few others' designs tacky and all very samey (and obviously designed by a committee of marketing executives).

However, I can also see the appeal of a 'black out' like uniform with just silver trim and a black helmet (black visors should be compulsory) and think that would look really good. I'm torn though on the kudos of being the one team that doesn't really change, doesn't move on a whim with the latest trends and doesn't pander to marketing execs and steering committee's. The kit is unique in sports and is instantly recognisable and the logo too. It's part of what made me a Raider fan way back in the early 80s when I was very young and thought the bad guys image and silver and black scheme was so cool. That is one thing Al got absolutely right 100% back in the day. It would be a shame to mess with that.