Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Where did you read that?

Yeah I'm curious too, but could see that. He was tried at TE in college if I recall correctly, so he could be an option at FB. If he can block, he could work, since he would be a better runner and catcher then Smith for sure...

8 hours ago, Rolni said:

Yeah I'm curious too, but could see that. He was tried at TE in college if I recall correctly, so he could be an option at FB. If he can block, he could work, since he would be a better runner and catcher then Smith for sure...

Yeah I can see him as an H-Back that we use in different ways including TE, spread out and in the backfield to run or block.

You build the plays around what he can do and he can do a lot so that makes him of value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Main criticism for Warren is that he ran with his pad level too high, that’s even more critical as a FB.  

Yup and even that wasn't too bad. It wasn't Murray level upright running but he is tall and when he is getting up to speed he is obviously upright. he gets down to a decent level and still drives piles. I don't think we should get to caught up in that "negative" trait. We are a bit sensitive to that one with our past few good runners being Murray and McFadden.

Edited by NightTrainLane

Interesting...KO was a strong 330 dude. Last year Gruden and Cable asked him to drop some weight to fit into the scheme better and it seems like he took it to another level this year. Under 300 is a big jump, but he looks to be in pretty good shape. Maybe injuries will avoid him with less weight? Still not sure he is back with that contract...